PlayStation 5's New Startup Sound Revealed in Burger King Contest Promo

Startup has already been revealed back in June event (44:15).

Shouldn't be too long until full UI reveal now given new store going online soon and less than a month away from console launch. Finally a fast smart console, Sony have truly hit the jackpot in all areas with the PS5. Looking forward to seeing the incredible speed in action. Good to see them setting the benchmark.

Last edited:
Startup has already been revealed back in June event
At the time it was not clear exactly what that sound was. Now it is. Like Phil Spencer's Xbox Series S on the shelves behind him, now we know what we're looking for, it's something we have already seen. Or in this case heard.

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to recall what the PS4's startup sound was. Then I watched a YouTube video with it in, and it had absolutely no familiarity for me.

In the meantime, here's a trip down memory lane:

I rather say that ps4 opening very annoying. Nothing brings more pleasure than amazing mellow pads or super synthetic piano notes, but ps4 used if I understand correctly real string instrument of some sort.

Kind of off topic, but since we’re discussing startup, Nvidia has the absolute best. I love my PC. :lol:

Last edited:
At the time it was not clear exactly what that sound was. Now it is. Like Phil Spencer's Xbox Series S on the shelves behind him, now we know what we're looking for, it's something we have already seen. Or in this case heard.

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to recall what the PS4's startup sound was. Then I watched a YouTube video with it in, and it had absolutely no familiarity for me.

In the meantime, here's a trip down memory lane:

PS2 oh man how nostalgic.

I don't like it. It sounds annoying...like something you can play on repeat to torture someone.

It's too sharp. Too sudden. Too short.

A PlayStation has always had some sort of smooth background tone playing.

The PS2's is the best, but the PS3's is the most "chill" (the latest one).

The PS5's sound is like a wake-up ring, an alarm. Sure, the console is "waking up", but I'm already awake. I wanna slip into a virtual reality, a "dreamland", so to speak...that's what the PS3's sound is like. Actually, that's what all of them sound like. The PS2's sound really does sound like you've just slipped into another world.

The PSX one has the most impact. Then they get more mellow over the generations. This one kind of breaks the trend, but it is a bit generic.

PS1 is the best. Though rose tinted glasses (speakers?) effect is strong with this one.

PS2 I never played, so I have no attachment.

PS3 early is very nostalgic. PS3 late is okay, just sounds like an off key version of the early one.

PS4, honestly I never got to hear it because I boot up my PS4 before the TV, and by the time the TV speakers are on it's already past the startup sound :lol:

PS5 sounds like a phone message ringtone. Practically, it's gonna be the same situation as PS4 for me so it doesn't matter.

Back