PlayStation Official Magazine Lists GT Sport Release Date as November 16

I think this is bogus. Exact same date as last year? Strange enough. But why should this magazine already know the release date, only one week after E3? Kaz and Sony said “fall 2017“. There is only one logical explaination: they dont have a solid date yet. Everything between September and December is possible right now.

Why does the date need to be leaked? What a totally missed marketing opportunity (again) by PD. Other racing games actually plan ahead and coordinate the announcement across all channels; press release, bloggers, Twitch players, forums, social media and digital advertising.
Shuhei Yoshida said the lack of release dates is a company-wide move, actually. A lot of Sony's games only have a rough season tied to them for now: it's only once they're very close to release that an exact date will be provided.

Are we sure it's in the magazine?

Yes.

Wasn't this suppose to be the original release date last year?

Yep — right there in the article.

In the last IGN interview at the E3 Yamauchi said that in gt sport there will be 140 cars not 177.

We're just reporting what we've been told.

I'd rather GTSport was postponed for the PS4 and have it released as a Launch title with the PS5 which surely can't be that far off .....(I'm thinking/hoping for fall 2018 or early 2019). Much as i've always loved Gran Turismo, I just feel with all the recent racing titles and The Scorpio that GTSport won't be able to compete with them, (not that it has to ...... but). I know it won't happen that way as I'm sure GTS has sponsors and the like depending on it's release asap. In the meantime PD should just keep releasing beta updates to show us what they are implementing/improving with the current hardware and what they hope to achieve with the PS5. To My mind (which is kinda mashup and slightly sideways) this makes better sense as a future system seller from day one. That's just my thoughts

One week after E3 a release date pops up? If this is the real release date then Kaz could and definitely should have announced it also during E3. Do we really think that in a couple of days someone saw the light?

The past four Gran Turismo games have released on Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, Wednesday/Thursday, Thursday and Friday. What is the day they all should have come out on?

Tuesday for US, Friday for the rest, or just Tuesday for everyone.

November is disappointing but not surprising. 2 years late as far as I'm concerned, 1.5 minimum. 👎 Seems the game is done, hard to imagine it pushing into 2018 now, but why not?

I'd rather GTSport was postponed for the PS4 and have it released as a Launch title with the PS5 which surely can't be that far off ....

So you think it would be a good idea for Sony to withhold it's best selling franchise ever from a 60 million strong hardware base? :confused::confused::confused:

I'd say you're patient to a fault. :lol:

It's not a law, it's more like tradition in the gaming industry. Nice job on digging up some old, irrelevant articles. Look up all major EA releases, they're all launching on Fridays in the UK.
It's not irrelevant, it's shows games haven't always released on a Friday. And what about FH3, released on Tuesday 27 September 2016? Or Horizon Zero Dawn released on Wednesday 1 March 2017? Or Wipeout Omega Collection released on Wednesday 7 June 2017?

Last edited:
Back