PlayStation Store Summer Sale Sees 80% Off Some Racing Game Titles

I already own most of those racing games. But I did pick up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for half price. I hear lots of good things about it.

Wreckfest deluxe! Tick!

The Deluxe edition seems like good value at £30 (the physical version seems stuck at £50 in stores). The DLC season releases seem to have got rave reviews on this here forum so I suspect I will pick this up too, once my card ticks over to next month. 👍

The only other games listed in the article I dont already own are:

Mudrunner (don't think it's my type of game, good as it may be)

F1 2019 (haven't bought an F1 game in years, seems good value £15 for Legends Edition?)

Grid £16. Its £20 in stores so not so tempting as I prefer hard copies when prices are comparable. Especially as it's short on tracks.

However, i notice the DLC "seasons" for Grid are £5.69 each in the sale. Are any of the seasons good value at this price? If so, which is the best of the 3? Suggestions please :D

Outside of racing, most games are regulars in sales. Judgement looks a good deal at £10 though 👍

The Deluxe edition seems like good value at £30 (the physical version seems stuck at £50 in stores). The DLC season releases seem to have got rave reviews on this here forum so I suspect I will pick this up too, once my card ticks over to next month. 👍

The only other games listed in the article I dont already own are:

Mudrunner (don't think it's my type of game, good as it may be)

F1 2019 (haven't bought an F1 game in years, seems good value £15 for Legends Edition?)

Grid £16. Its £20 in stores so not so tempting as I prefer hard copies when prices are comparable. Especially as it's short on tracks.

However, i notice the DLC "seasons" for Grid are £5.69 each in the sale. Are any of the seasons good value at this price? If so, which is the best of the 3? Suggestions please :D

Outside of racing, most games are regulars in sales. Judgement looks a good deal at £10 though 👍

I bought Grid 2019 as pre-order Deluxe so all seasons in it, spent 4hours playing it in total and its uninstalled... would not recommend, even as a sit down chill out after a days work, there's just no drive to progress further into the events, they're pretty much the same short sprint but just a different track and car combination, and the way Brands hatch has been done in the game annoyed me, it's like someone explained it over the phone to the person who modelled it,

F1 2019 I was tempted to get but I'm actually going to wait for F1 2020 and black friday

Well have most of the racing games in the sale already or through previous sales but Bus Simulator at that price is pretty good value
at 45% off if you like driving games with stop/start and interacting with events/passengers.

I picked it up full price last year but haven't given it as much time as I should have and there are few reasonably priced DLC vehicle additions and a map expansion as well.

Definitely a few other temptations but I already spent enough in the movie sale part of it picking up 4 seasons of Fairy Tail so that should keep me going for a bit tv wise. :cheers:

Yup. Wreckfest is amazing and so much fun. I think of all the racing games I have I enjoy this the most so much so I've been playing every day, every chance I get. I would highly recommend it, especially the Deluxe version because of the free DLC whenever they're released. And yes the DLCs have been excellent. Just buy it. You won't regret it.

Has Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition ever been discounted on PSN? I’m more interested in that one, but I am tempted by the original (and Season Pass DLC) being marked down.

Has Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition ever been discounted on PSN? I’m more interested in that one, but I am tempted by the original (and Season Pass DLC) being marked down.

Yeah I got it for a tenner, beware its a (apparently excellent) wheel only game, the pad controls are wayward and Ive uninstalled it because of that.

I already own most of those racing games. But I did pick up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for half price. I hear lots of good things about it.
It's a surprisingly good game that came out of nowehere, I say, and I am not even into Star Wars. It is a fun world to explore, the light-saber battles were fun/ challenging and the characters were pretty great.

Was just talking to someone about the game last night, hoping a sequel is made.

So, it’s basically another Project Cars 1 in that regard?

Yeah its the same deal as PC 1/2 you can dial it in to a degree literally spent hours doing this, but its never satisfying with a controller. The career mode becomes unplayable when you mess with the controller settings too, afterwards you cant keep up with the other cars lol so it was time trial only... Annoyingly it had some interesting tracks like old Monza with the banked corners would have been fun if it played well... sigh

Im tempted by wreckfest at £21 there seems to be a £30 deluxe version but no tracks just cars so probably gonna go with the base game...

.....Im tempted by wreckfest at £21 there seems to be a £30 deluxe version but no tracks just cars so probably gonna go with the base game...
The Deluxe version of Wreckfest does include tracks. Cars and tracks DLC as they are released. It's basically the game with season pass.

The Deluxe version of Wreckfest does include tracks. Cars and tracks DLC as they are released. It's basically the game with season pass.

I had a look and I spotted that the 2 new tracks were free additions for the recent banger pack and that the season pass gives you:

All items will be released post launch of Wreckfest, over the course of 8 DLC packs.

6x DLC car packs (20 cars in total)
1x DLC with 20 roof decorations
1x DLC with car customizations like armor, rims and more

I dont mind buying tracks but im less inclined towards cars / decorations what are your thoughts on this?

I had a look and I spotted that the 2 new tracks were free additions for the recent banger pack and that the season pass gives you:

All items will be released post launch of Wreckfest, over the course of 8 DLC packs.

6x DLC car packs (20 cars in total)
1x DLC with 20 roof decorations
1x DLC with car customizations like armor, rims and more

I dont mind buying tracks but im less inclined towards cars / decorations what are your thoughts on this?
What I can tell you is that additional tracks have been released following launch. I don't know if they were free tracks or part of DLC content but since I have the Deluxe version all I know is so long as anything becomes available I get automatically. So I good to go.

What I can tell you is that additional tracks have been released following launch. I don't know if they were free tracks or part of DLC content but since I have the Deluxe version all I know is so long as anything becomes available I get automatically. So I good to go.
do you like the new dlc vehicles? or is the best car in the base game?

So, it’s basically another Project Cars 1 in that regard?
I just about got by with PCARS1 on the DS4. I have enjoyed PCARS2 quite a lot with the DS4.

Assetto Corsa with the DS4 is something else. In the time I spent with it, I could not fix it. And there isn't much gameplay or content (on consoles) to encourage me to try more.

Looks like Project Cars 2 Deluxe is no longer included in the sale. Just checked today, in the US.
I just went and checked, and while it's not on the US store any more, the UK price is valid until August 19. And then I bought it.

20200726181318.jpg

20200726180951.jpg

I wanted to try Dirt 4 but having tried it on gamepass, the game is below average.
Copilot calls come in too late, graphics are bad.
However, soundwise is great.

I am reminded that the sale finishes next Tuesday 19th.

I've been holding off buying as it's been too hot here and I'm arguing with myself daily about what I'm going to buy :lol:

I'll probably end up with:
Wreckfest Deluxe Edition at £30
F1 2019 Legends Edition at £15.99
Ride 3 Gold (incl 60 bike Season Pass) at £15.99
Judgement at £9.99

I'm also currently missing the Japanese Car Pack for PCars2. Is that included in the Deluxe Edition?

I've got everything else DLC wise already, but have base game on physical disc, so I am tempted to buy the digital copy as it's cheap as chips.

What have you all ended up buying in the Sale? Did you end up with what you expected?
Are there any hidden gems you've found? Tell all... :D

I've been holding off buying as it's been too hot here and I'm arguing with myself daily about what I'm going to buy :lol:

Judgement at £9.99

I'm also currently missing the Japanese Car Pack for PCars2. Is that included in the Deluxe Edition?

I've got everything else DLC wise already, but have base game on physical disc, so I am tempted to buy the digital copy as it's cheap as chips.

What have you all ended up buying in the Sale? Did you end up with what you expected?
Can't go wrong with Wreckfest Deluxe Edition. It's my favourite racing game. Tons of fun and really addictive.

Judgement at £9.99

I bought vanilla Assetto Corsa when it was on sale, along with the discounted Season Pass. Then, as my luck would have it, they mark down Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition a week or two after my purchase.

Judgement at £9.99

Me too missing only Japanese pack of pc2, no discount though, and im mostly curious for the 280 gtx, 7cad is a little steep for 1 car.
Edit: there's dr2 i think on sale too.
Ride3 i was holding off on the season pass for ride4, mainly for better ai from motogp19, and better feel a little, and less grinding hopefully.
Just saw also dirt4 for only 6.69cad. In case anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Back