Please Change Oceania FIA race times!!!

• Thread starter EATHinNZ
  • 9 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
I'm sure I'm not the only GT sport racer from the new Oceania region that is a bit disappointed that the times for the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Series have not been changed to suit the countries involved. I kinda thought the whole point in making the Oceania region was to make it easier for Kiwis and Aussies to compete but it looks like we (Kiwis) still have to race between Midnight and 5am if we want to take part in these FIA competitions. Chances are nobody from PD will see this but if you do, PLEASE do something to fix this issue, just move the time slots back 3 or 4 hours then you will get more New Zealand and Australian drivers competing!

@Rangeraus puts the situation for the Oceania region perfectly in the quote below from the FIA thread 👍:
The earliest FIA timeslot in Australia is 22:00 Eastern (19:00 Western), earliest race time in NZ is 00:00. This is not conducive to growing or maintaining a player base at all.

This would make sense if the rest of Asia with the largest player base still had to be accomodated (earliest time slots would be 19:00-20:00 in Japan through Indonesia). However now PD have split Oceania from the rest of Asia, there is no valid reason this time slot cannot or should not be changed.
For me personally all of the time slots are far too late, and that's with the first one for me being at 21.30, so I haven't done any FIA races at all. I can only imagine how bad it is for our Kiwi neighbours.

Last edited:
I’m not an Oceania driver, but why do we even have time slots to begin with? Why can’t they just run them all day like the daily races?

Is it because if you can only do it once then they wouldn’t have enough drivers to fill races throughout the day?

I’m not an Oceania driver, but why do we even have time slots to begin with? Why can’t they just run them all day like the daily races?

Is it because if you can only do it once then they wouldn’t have enough drivers to fill races throughout the day?

It's because the FIA want all the best drivers matched to race live together

The split wasn't the greatest.. uh.. thing. For quite a few reasons.
That's a ridiculously late time slot. Who is playing GT Sport that late???

At this point it seems like the last 3 timeslots are a waste.

Not enough people in the region would be online and racing to guarantee a decent split and therefore a shot at good points.

Looks like the races have been moved earlier
Yes , Ijust logged in for a night of racing and was surprised to learn this. Lol
Ah well, I've still got time to have a crack at one of the nights final races.
Well done PD, you got me again you cheeky little monkey. :)

Yeah doesn’t really work for me. Have just missed all tonight’s races after dinner at family’s. At least if I went out or finished late or spent some the of night with the mrs, I had a chance still to race. But now it’s from when I get home right through the night prime time, on a weeknight and Saturday nights, awesome.

Back