Please help with Mazda RX7 type-RS

• Thread starter RX7
  • 3 comments
I have no idea how to tune this thing for it to become effecient

My goal is to reach a maximum of 295hp so i can compete in the 30 laps endurance. car handling is priority nr 1

need help with

*custom suspension
*gear thing
*And the drive train parts

Any tips or suggestions?

the parts that i got now is weight reduction 1, and sport tires.

Hey RX7, how new are you to the game? I'm assuming you're pretty new to gt2. Also, what version of GT2 do you have? version 1.0 has a lot of weird bugs and bad programming (car wash says it costs $5,000 but really charges $50...Taurus turns into Mark Martin's NASCAR with racing mod). If you have version 1.0, sometimes a Vector will appear in the lineup and you wont' be able to pass it from what i've read.

If you have version 1.1 or 1.2 (greatest hits) don't worry...295 horsepower is overkill, even for a amateur racer. I've won the TM enduro many times...most recently i conquered the race up against the mighty Lotus Elise 190 in a 150 hpish Subaru PLeo RS! I used the car's stock tires and a semi-racing suspension...it took me quite a few laps to catch up with the Lotus, but i won. If you're not familiar, the Lotus will be the toughest opponent since it's so light, but more than half the time it doesn't show up in the race.

Like i said, even if you are a bit green, you should still be able to win this race. I forget how much power an RS has...i'm guessing somewhere between 220 and 276 hp. You might wanna add a sports suspension to those sports tires, and maybe get a sports transmission, too. This is all you'll need, RX7. Full custom suspension is overkill, and i hate to tell you, but going into detail with suspension and transmission tuning won't make much difference here, you'll win even with sloppy driving because RX7's generally handle extremely well with such low power. I wouldn't bother with limited slip, either.

hey Parnelli Bone and thanks for the reply. I recently bought the game and i think its a very good game. Anyway i added the sport suspension as you mentioned and a new gearbox (close gears). I also bought the balanced engine thing and now it does 291hp and some other things i cant remember

The 400m test is 14.014. I think it is 1 sec from everything stock is that good?

Now that i won the race i have a huge amount of money. So do you recommend any cars which is fun and handles good except the Mazda RX series? I kind of dont like to much speed so any midrange car will be fine for me :)

The Mazda RX is a perfect car now so i dont know what i should do with it if you understand

Ah, it's 4:30 am and here i am at GT Planet.Gotta love insomnia.

See, i told you you'd win the TME! How far ahead of the other cars did you get? Did you lap any of them? With 291 horses, you surely did i bet. Now try the race again, but in a lesser car like a Volkswagen Golf or Datsun 240z with about 220 to 230ish horsepower...you'll still win but the race will be closer and more challenging. I tend to get bored quick if i'm in 2nd place by lap 4 or 5. In my races, i'm usually up against the leader...swapping first place over and over because my cars are so underpowered.

A 14 second quarter is pretty average for a 291 hp car...RX-7's don't have much torque down low so their acceleration will never be stellar when compared to naturally-aspirated V8 engines...they do better with handling and high-range speed if you can control them.

The RX-7 will have more of a duel if you take it to the Seattle enduro up against the Camaros and Mustang and especially if hte Shelby Series 1 shows up. Or the Grand Valley enduro up against the RUFs and Venturi. If you do these, you WILL need your full-modifyed suspension along with some medium or soft racing tires...but you still won't need to mod the engine much. The car's handling will more than make up for any lack of power if you're good. Check out my page http://community.webtv.net/thebeast66/ParnelliBonesGT2 it goes into more detail about GT2 racing..i guarantee it will make a boring race come to life! For now, ignore the power / weight system....that's for advanced racing.

Back