Podium PS4 short review and settings for GTSport & Assetto Corsa (Now updated with V365 Drivers)

• Thread starter Jimmy_apex
  • 18 comments
France
France
MIJ_DriverX
Hi to the readers of Gtplanet!

PART I => GTSPORT

I tried the recommended settings provided on the Fanatec website, but struggled to experience any realistic feel while driving on GT Sport.
And I don't think they do any justice to the Podium PS4 DD. At first, I almost regret to have wait sooooo long, and pay so much, for an inferior feeling compared to what I have experienced on GT6 with a well setted CSW 2.0. The steering feels very light close to the center and very heavy past 90 degrees. Reactions are way too violent while the FFB feels too light...
Even my lagging and shaking T500RS gave me a more natural feeling than those settings.

I'm driving sometimes on track in real life.
Here is the car list that I drove on track: VW Scirroco R, modified Toyota GT86, girlfriend's Renault Megane 3RS 275 and my Honda S2000. I also drove a 2015 Ford Mustang V8 and an Audi RS3 stage 1 on open road.
But as you can see, no race car or supercar, so I won't affirm anything about the feeling of driving one.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I drive a lot the Megane and the S2000 IRL, and what we were expecting with the Podium PS4, was a feeling as close as a real one when driving both of them in GTSport.
Fortunately the podium DD is completely tunable.
I like sometimes to drift, so I setted the FFB with the Porsche 918 Rim instead of the F1 one. It took me 4 hours to find the right settings on GTSport, and 10 more to be sure they still be enjoyable with the vast majority of car and driving style ...

Here are my recommend settings if you want a "close to real" steering wheel feeling:

SEN AUT
FF 45
SHO 100
ABS 100 (better if you don't use ABS with CSV3 pedals)
FOR 70
SPR 80
DPR 30
NDP 30
NFR 90
BRF OFF (better if you don't use ABS with CSV3 pedals)
FEI 50

In-Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 5
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 5

Those settings left my girlfriend and me completely stunned by the FFB feel. This is as close as what we experienced through the steering wheel while driving the Megane and the S2000 on open road or on track. (And she perfectly knows how her Renault feel on track too, so her feedback helped me a lot for the last tweaks)

I have never experienced a most realistic FFB before. Completely leaving in the dust my T500RS, and by a fair (huge) margin the CSW 2.0 on GT6.

I tested those settings with a lot of cars. They allow me to enjoy the game in a way I never experienced. All my inputs are smoothed, the lag is inexistent. I can drift smoother and longer than before.
I feel through the steering wheel every charge transfer I apply to the car. I can even drive fast while sliding or drift the infamous hard to drive Amuse S2000 (the steering feel is close to the assisted steering of my real S2000). It was not the most pleasant car to drive with the T500 RS, but now, this is simply my favourite driving experience on this game.

As for race cars. Just put back the F1 Rim. The smaller diameter allows for a stronger FFB while keeping the same settings, the lightest weight allows for faster reactions, and the auto sensitivity for a shorter steering rack.
Race car are way more sensitives than road cars, but catching slides is easier than before. Everything feel so natural, so intense, so real...

Another stunning detail. In real life, while driving a road car with moderate caster and 900+ degrees steering rack at constant pace, there is something like 20 degrees around the center where the steering will not self center.
Sometimes, to check if tires pressure and geometry are balanced in my S2000, at 100 kph, I lightly throw the steering left or right and see how it reacts.
All I can say is, when I'm doing it in GTSport, same thing happened: steering wheel don't stupidly bounce left or right, but try to gently self center in one or two oscillations maximum.
You will experienced the same with those settings. This is just incredible. Really. Thanks to the Natural Friction parameter which mimics all the moving parts of the steering between the steering wheel and the road.

Please test this game without ABS, and you will discover that cars are rotating on the brakes like IRL. The super ABS of GTSport acts more like an ESP while braking, which tone down the driving experience a lot. Without it, the feeling is close (and way better for me) to the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa.

I want to add that the FFB force is close to the one needed in the Megane and my S2000 equipped with semi-slick tires to rotate the steering wheel. And it's only about 50% of the maximum NM available in peak...

There is no overheating either, even if you play 8 hours straight. But this is not a surprise.

Last thing, the base will cutoff if the FFB force and speed are high and if the wheel doesn't detect that something is actively countering the force. It's a great safety feature even if you don't have the kill switch.

Those settings may not suit those who want to be the most competitive. They are aim to people like me who likes to make a bridge between the virtual and the reality.

PART II => ASSETTO CORSA

Here are my recommend settings if you want a "driveable" steering wheel feeling:

SEN AUT
FF 55
SHO 100
ABS 100 (user preferences)
FOR 50
SPR 50
DPR 10
NDP 25
NFR 80
BRF OFF (user preferences)
FEI 100

In-Game Settings:

Options>Video: Virtual wheel rotation limit: 1080

Control options>Advanced Settings:

Force Feedback: 100%
Kerb FFB: 50%
Road FFB: 40%
Slip FFB: 10%
Understeer Effects: Off

Well... Those settings allow me to drift or catch slides with a wide range of cars. I also improved my laptime with the majority of cars. Thanks to the better precision and lower inputlag than my T500RS. For example, I shaved 2 seconds with the Lotus Exige Cup on the Nordschleife which is incredible for just a Sim Racing Wheel swap.
Laptime was 7:45.5 with the T500 RS. Down to 7:43.35 with the podium.

But, this game on PS4 has some weird physics area. Firstly, cars are always sliding on the tarmac, even when they should be fully planted. Secondly, tyres gave the feeling they are made of some bouncing balls materials. Setting the Podium DD wasn't a pleasuring experience on this game on PS4.

I'm not really satisfied with the FFB in this game. But, at the opposite of Fanatec's recommanded settings (try the 918 spyder on the Nordschleife), the game is "playable" with those ones.

I would have prefer to stay neutral about how GTSPORT provides his driving experience VS Assetto Corsa. But there is absolutely no match between them on PS4 with the podium DD. Last week, I went to a track day with very wet conditions. So instead of trying to improve my laptimes, I decided to practice "drift" with the Renault Megane. I could easily and naturally replicate in GTS what is required to slide with a FWD. In Assetto? I can guarantee you, if real life was like this game. I would have ended in a wall. End of story.

If some real drivers could help to improve those settings, that would be great.
Best regards.
Have fun!

Last edited:
Jimmy,
That all sounds awesome. I have just the CSL Elite PS4 but you have inspired me to do some tweaking of my own settings. Thank you.

CJ

ABS 100 (better if you don't use ABS with CSV3 pedals)
I thought that setting was for the rumble motor in the brakes, I have mine set at 75 to vibrate at lockup on Forza. Has no effect on actual braking.

@ MaxdOut // You are absolutely right. I have calibrated my V3 pedals to get the maximum pedal travel. So at 100 for me, motors rumble on hard lockup in GTS. This value is up to the user preferences, obviously (like all the parameters :D ).

BFR = Brake force. This is acting like an assisted brake pedal. The more is the value, the less you need to push the pedal to apply brakes. Without ABS, you should keep it off, as it's already too easy to lockup wheels on GTS.

I will update the first post to add real-like settings for Assetto Corsa on PS4. But this one is more tricky to set.

Last thing, the base will cutoff if the FFB force and speed are high and if the wheel doesn't detect that something is actively countering the force. It's a great safety feature even if you don't have the kill switch.

Great writeup. I'm loving my DD1 and agree with all your points about the improvements of moving from belt. Regarding this feature, is this why I never experience the usually DD "pain" that alot of you tubers do when they run high FFB with DD wheels and hit the wall? Every time I hit a wall I'm surprised at the lack of impact in the wheel. Feels lighter than my CSL during those hits which caught me off guard. All the other FFB is fantastic though so your explanation would make sense.

First post have been updated with the Assetto Corsa settings and short review.

@ cap7ainclu7ch //
I don't know if there is a link between how some FFB informations are avoided by the Fanatec's DD and the safety feature (which automatically shut down the base) I mentioned in my review.
Maybe Fanatec decided to ignore too violent FFB change like when hitting a wall for safety reason. Maybe it's due to settings like natural damper or natural friction. Anyway, I love strong FFB, but I don't need my sim racing wheel to destroy my hands during an impact on a virtual wall. So it's not a problem for me.

Last edited:
Hey Jimmy

I have also the podium dd1 F1 wheel and tride the setting of fanatec but i think it can be better. the FEI/ffb insensity setting needs to be on 20/30 because otherwise IT is to heavy and verry clunky.

If you do that you can slide the road/curb and slip to wathever you like and IT wil be prenounsed but not heavy and clunky.

IT is the FEI/FFB intensity that makes IT not feel right and exaggaraded.

My settings are:

Ff 45/50

Show 100

Abs off

For 100

Spring 100

Dpr 100

Ndp 70/80

Nfr 3

Fei 30

Mps auto

In game settings are

Ffb 75 up to 100

Kerb 70/100

Road 20

Slip 45

Understeer on

Can you give IT a try and tel me what you think of IT?

Hope to hear from you.

Gr Peter v Bussel

Last edited:
Hi:)

This is the setting i use for gt-s.
I use the dd1 with drivehub adapter and a 30cm round wheel.
So the ffb could be feel diffrent with the small f1 steering thing.
Make sure you have updated your firmware of base, motor and rim before use it.

Ingame settings:

strenght: 3/10
sens: 1/10

Wheelbase settings:

sen 900
ffb 60
lin off
ndp 70
nfr 4
nin 30
int 4
fei 100
for 100
spr off
drp off
abs off
sho off
brf max

Its a good allround setup, drifting, rally, road, everything works satisfiyng.
Experience varies from car and tyre type.
It will output 9-12nm in corners on nordschleife.
It is a mix of details vs feel good. You wont get hurt by ultra fast spinning or violent movement. It is save to use without beeing too weak. No oscillation but reactive enought to let you know whats going on.
Strong enought to make you feel happy but weak enought to enjoy it over hours without dying from exhaustion ;)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for participating to this thread and happy new year!

I don't have a lot of time to play that's why I didn't update the first post with the FFB settings. Keep in mind that I didn't update my DD1 since May, so my own settings must be completely off on a freshly updated DD1.

Should explained why you completely hated those settings Zipperface :lol:

@ Killingspre // Zipperface: I will try your settings once I update my DD1 :cheers:

For now, just ignore the settings from my first post if you have updated your DD since May :D

hi:) the low ffb(45) combined with the xtreme nat friction(90). It killed almost every ffb output. If the 90 were set on the nat damper i would kind of understand your interpretation of real feel. Or something on your rl car steering is damaged :D
But now with the new awesome firmware + lot of gt-s patches, its outdated anyway. Have fun with the new firmware, its huge step up.

I understand what you are saying. But several of my friends played on my sim rig and had no issue with it.
I also had feedback from people on other rig that told me those settings felt like the steering wheel was clamped.
I have no idea why there is so much feeling difference between different rig. Maybe because you are using a drivehub and I'm not. But I can assure you, if my steering wheel felt dead, I wouldn't be happy with it. I will update the firmware and test it again.

Yeah clamped is the right word to discribe. I had once a car where the steering rod was clamped or stiff, it was a nightmare to drive because wheel cant center itself and the car are not able to drive a straigt line. Very dangerous HAHA :D
Maybe the rim shape and size also a factor. You use the f1 rim right? Me a round one 30cm rim.
Yes dude, enjoy the new firmware asap :)

Hi Guys. I finally had some times to update my DD PS4 and tweak it.

Long story short, I updated my wheel with the V356 driver 8 months ago, and never had a good feeling with them, even with hours of tweaking. I updated it with the latest V365, and gosh, this is the best experience I ever had behind a sim racing wheel!
I was close to reset the drivers to factory settings, but Fanatec did a wonderful job with those latest drivers.

I recently had the opportunities to buy a Lotus Exige V6. This car is a little under 1100 Kg and has no assisted steering. The force required to move the wheel is pretty high compared to a S2000, a Megane 3 RS or an Exige S2 for example.

For now, I only drove the Exige on country roads and didn't pushed it like it is possible during a trackday. But the feeling and feedback of the unassisted steering in this car is something else.

As soon as I tried the lotus, I knew that I wanted my PS4 DD to feel like the Exige. So I picked the Exige V6 Cup in Assetto Corsa, installed the V365 drivers, and spend literally hours to match the real life steering feeling of my own car.

I think the following settings are close to 95% of the real thing. I did those settings especially for the V6 CUP in Assetto Corsa. But they are great (imho) for all cars. You can feel the difference in weight between assisted/unassisted steering, heavy or light car, camber tweaking etc. Kunos made a wonderful job with this game. It's incredible the amount of details they put in the FFB. Details that are impossible to feel with a poorly set-upped sim wheel, or crappy drivers, or low end rig. I just discovered again this game. Which is pretty mind blowing for me, 3 years after I bought it.

With the previous V356 drivers, I had a lot of issues with a lot of cars in Assetto Corsa (Less with GTSport):
- Inaccurate steering wheel inputs
- Floaty feeling (cars seemed to lightly slide even in straight line)
- Unwanted car movements (like the steering wheel is applying input to the game while I don't move it)
- Low FFB near the center

All of those mess is gone, and Fanatec finally succeed to provide drivers that surpass (by a very, very large amount) the factory ones. The driving experience is now really precise, you can put the car exactly where you want, you can throttle steer the car with natural feeling and so on...
In fact, the latest Fanatec drivers made Assetto Corsa shines so much that I can't play GTSport anymore... (If you read my first post, it was the other way around...)

Settings for Assetto Corsa on PS4 (latest update):

Base : Fanatec Podium DD1 for PS4
Steering wheel : Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
Pedals : Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 inverted
Drivers : V365
Mode : PS4 Mode (No drivehub)
Main : FW = 672 // HW = V3
Motor : FW = V38 // HW = V3 // ACV = V3
WQR : FW = V5 // HW = V0

SEN : AUTO
FFB : 50
FFB LIN : OFF
Natural Damper : 60
Natural Friction : 60
Natural Inertia : 10
FFB Interpolation : 1
FFB Intensity : 100
Force Effect : 60
Spring Effect : 50
Damper Effect : 100
Brake Level Indicator : 100 (user preferences)
Shock / Vibration : 100
Brake Force : 60 (user preferences)

In-Game Settings:

Options>Video: Virtual wheel rotation limit = 1080

Control options>Advanced Settings:

Force Feedback : 100%
Kerb FFB : 50%
Road FFB : 40%
Slip FFB : 10%
Understeer Effects : Off

Disclaimer: I already discussed with other PS4 DD owners regarding the different feeling they had while using steering wheel settings of other people. That could depend on your drivers or other shady things. Those settings works very well on my DD, maybe it will be a disaster on your own rig. Please check your in game settings, drivers etc... and please, remember, those settings are for the PS4 DD1 in PS4 Mode for Assetto Corsa fully updated on PS4. I have no idea how those settings would works on PC, or other games, nor how it would works with a Podium DD1 + drivehub.

I really hope those who like to have a real feeling while sim driving will enjoy those settings.
Please, share your own feedbacks.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Fresh off the heels of the CSL Elite wheel, here's my settings for the Podium F1 PS4 in ACC. This wheel is super strong, I'm also super weak :lol:

Pedals: CSL Elite Pedals (Clutch, Brake, Gas)
Shifter: Clubsport Shifter SQ 1.5
Wheel: Podium 911 GT3 R Leather (with Button Module Endurance and Podium Advanced Paddle Module)
SEN: Auto
FFB: 25
LIN: Off
NDP: 38
NFR: 3
NIN: 25
INT: 2
FEI: 100
FOR: 100
SPR: 100
DPR: 100
ABS: Off