Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

The sheer amount of post-game content in ORAS is fantastic. So much to do and catch. :lol:

Really? I find it very limited especially when most of the Pokemon I like in the game I already have, so there is very few to raise for me.

Nah, sorry.

If anyone is up for it, I would like to have a battle, 6v6, No Legendaries and No Switching (besides U-Turn, Baton Pass etc.)?

I'm pretty much doing nothing but using Blissey Bases to evolve Pokemon and fill my Pokedex.

How the heck do mirage spots work? I thought it was just one per day with 2 pokemon each, but I played today and found about seven with maybe 4 or 5 pokemon each...

How the heck do mirage spots work? I thought it was just one per day with 2 pokemon each, but I played today and found about seven with maybe 4 or 5 pokemon each...

Maybe you got extra ones from Streetpass?

Is there anyone else trying to catch all the Pokemon?

I thought that was what post game was for? Or in my case before the E4 since I can't leave an area until I've caught them all. The early National Dex means I go back and get the extras before getting to the E4. It's taking a while...

you get them from streetpass, you go into the buzz nav with the little mail box and it updates the mirage spots.

I'm kinda disappointed that catching them all and competing online is all you really can do online. It really tones down the replayability.

If someone wants trade, these are what I offer.

16278070629_1b2e851bc8_c.jpg

I really do hope the next Pokemon Game has things do in it after beating the game, this is a very huge flaw this Gen

I really do hope the next Pokemon Game has things do in it after beating the game, this is a very huge flaw this Gen
On Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire *I'm pretty sure you already know about this* you could catch the 3 regis and Regigigas after beating the game. If there's going to be another new Pokemon game later this year, it better not be another Free To Play. Pokemon Rumble World was ok but the game can get boring fast if you don't buy more hot air balloons which requires Poke Diamonds. Although I should worry more on renewing my PS Plus subscription as its going to expire this month.

On Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire *I'm pretty sure you already know about this* you could catch the 3 regis and Regigigas after beating the game. If there's going to be another new Pokemon game later this year, it better not be another Free To Play. Pokemon Rumble World was ok but the game can get boring fast if you don't buy more hot air balloons which requires Poke Diamonds. Although I should worry more on renewing my PS Plus subscription as its going to expire this month.
I already did that, but that's technically given since it was also in R//S/E as well.

I already did that, but that's technically given since it was also in R//S/E as well.
Except for Regigigas who didn't make a debut until the 4th Gen Pokemon games. You also have the Delta episode which I forgot to mention.

Except for Regigigas who didn't make a debut until the 4th Gen Pokemon games. You also have the Delta episode which I forgot to mention.
That was given too because now wherever, regis go, Regigigas goes. Also thanks to the internet, the puzzles aren't fun and challenging anymore since you can just google Brail.

I don't consder the Delta Episode Post-Game as it felt apart of the main story, and overall it felt disappointing. Gen V really set the bar har for Pokemon storytelling but Gen VI can't reach the bar.

I was expecting that (Game Freak, you sneaky weasels) but it was a Baton Passer. My panic switch-outs were for nothing! :lol:

That was given too because now wherever, regis go, Regigigas goes. Also thanks to the internet, the puzzles aren't fun and challenging anymore since you can just google Brail.

I don't consder the Delta Episode Post-Game as it felt apart of the main story, and overall it felt disappointing. Gen V really set the bar har for Pokemon storytelling but Gen VI can't reach the bar.

I thought Gen V's storystelling was pretty awful. It had a neat premise, but ultimately the bad guys turned out to be typical generic bad guys whose supposed motives (i.e. the interesting part) was all a bunch of BS.

Gen VI isn't mindblowing by any stretch of the imagination, but at least ORAS takes the interesting premise of Ruby/Sapphire and tells it in a more nuanced, less cringe-worthy fashion.

I thought Gen V's storystelling was pretty awful. It had a neat premise, but ultimately the bad guys turned out to be typical generic bad guys whose supposed motives (i.e. the interesting part) was all a bunch of BS.

Gen VI isn't mindblowing by any stretch of the imagination, but at least ORAS takes the interesting premise of Ruby/Sapphire and tells it in a more nuanced, less cringe-worthy fashion.
I never bothered with the motives but the way the bad guys executed their plans and how the good guys react got me interested a lot. Gen V is the only Gen where I cared for the characters and also made me feel like my Pokemon exist as real beings. The showdown with Ghetsis in B2/W2, actually got me angry at him and kinda wanted my Pokemon to attack him directly.

OR/AS is obviously an improvement of R/S, however I do find the new character personalities to be rather annoying or completely pointless (Shelly, Archie and Maxie felt like the only characters who didn't give me a negative reaction).

B/W's new, edgy story might have surprised me if I'd taken interest in the game in the first place. As it was, the only-new Pokemon factor was offputting for me so I left it until B2/W2 came out. That's still probably my favourite Pokemon game on the basis it brought me back to the series and gave me an academic introduction to Gen V.

I will say though, OR/AS is probably the most pure Pokemon game for a while, and not just because it's a remake of my first ever video game. It feels like a down-to-earth Pokemon game, certainly more so than X/Y which feels like more of a tribute to the series than a new game.

B/W's new, edgy story might have surprised me if I'd taken interest in the game in the first place. As it was, the only-new Pokemon factor was offputting for me so I left it until B2/W2 came out. That's still probably my favourite Pokemon game on the basis it brought me back to the series and gave me an academic introduction to Gen V.

I will say though, OR/AS is probably the most pure Pokemon game for a while, and not just because it's a remake of my first ever video game. It feels like a down-to-earth Pokemon game, certainly more so than X/Y which feels like more of a tribute to the series than a new game.
I personally can't see the "pure" in OR/AS. Though that's probably because it's a remake and I don't like to count remakes :P.

Anyone heard about the new mystery dungeon game? Aka Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Oh boy please god, do not let this one become another Free To Play game. If it's another one, then I'm going to go insane. :banghead:

Back