Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

That's okay, I was mainly using Greninja and Yveltal for the Elite Four. :P

Managed to beat her. Took care of Hawlucha with a Hurricane from Swanna, switched to Lucario to OHKO Aurorus with Close Combat. Switched over to Drifblim when Goodra came out so that I could max out my evasion and spam my 4 X Attacks, 5 X Defenses, and 1 X Sp. Def. I also took this opportunity to heal up my poisoned Swanna. Goodra managed to lower my Drifblim's accuracy by about 3 stages in the mean time, but I was on a lucky streak and Cut after Cut connected until she stopped healing it and I knocked it out.

After that, Tyrantrum fell to a few Hexes (one or two more than I'd like, thanks to my lowered accuracy), Gourgeist fell quickly to a few more Hexes, then I ran out of Hexes against Gardevoir. I started spamming Cut but my lucky streak ran out and most of them weren't connecting. Healing whenever I got hit with Thunderbolt, she eventually got another critical hit. But my other two Pokemon were still alive and kicking, and I'd gotten Gardevoir in the red and she had no more healing items to use on it, so I switched over to Lucario and finished the job with Dragon Puls... oh damn it, Fairy type! I gave her a free turn and she took the opportunity to hit my Lucario hard, almost fainting it. Then I just did a Close Combat and wrapped up the battle.

That's okay, I was mainly using Greninja and Yveltal for the Elite Four. :P

Managed to beat her. Took care of Hawlucha with a Hurricane from Swanna, switched to Lucario to OHKO Aurorus with Close Combat. Switched over to Drifblim when Goodra came out so that I could max out my evasion and spam my 4 X Attacks, 5 X Defenses, and 1 X Sp. Def. I also took this opportunity to heal up my poisoned Swanna. Goodra managed to lower my Drifblim's accuracy by about 3 stages in the mean time, but I was on a lucky streak and Cut after Cut connected until she stopped healing it and I knocked it out.

After that, Tyrantrum fell to a few Hexes (one or two more than I'd like, thanks to my lowered accuracy), Gourgeist fell quickly to a few more Hexes, then I ran out of Hexes against Gardevoir. I started spamming Cut but my lucky streak ran out and most of them weren't connecting. Healing whenever I got hit with Thunderbolt, she eventually got another critical hit. But my other two Pokemon were still alive and kicking, and I'd gotten Gardevoir in the red and she had no more healing items to use on it, so I switched over to Lucario and finished the job with Dragon Puls... oh damn it, Fairy type! I gave her a free turn and she took the opportunity to hit my Lucario hard, almost fainting it. Then I just did a Close Combat and wrapped up the battle.
Nice and congrats :).

All my Pokemon were fighting fit when I got to her and got up to her Gardevoir with a full healthy team until she OHKO, my Talonflame, Jolteon and Greninja (I forgot she was Fairy when I sent out Greninja). Though I just had my Venusaur to stop her with my Sludge Bomb, which I should've done in the beginning, but what can I do XD.

Welp, it's official... Alpha Sapphire is gonna be on pause (and I won't be able to start X) for a while.

My American 3DS is on its deathbed. A few months ago it sustained a 6-foot drop, resulting in a nasty crack near the left hinge. Recently it went from "ugly crack near the hinge" to "look ma, no hinge!"... and that's the side where the ribbon cable for the upper screen is. And the cable came unplugged. Frustratingly, I found it near impossible to plug the ribbon cable back in without disassembling the whole thing.

So guess what I did? I disassembled the whole thing. Got the cable plugged back in, but I did a rather sloppy job of putting it back together... circle pad's garbage, buttons are loose and slightly recessed, etc.

The main reason why I didn't put too much effort into reassembly is because during my quest to replug that ribbon cable, I found another ribbon cable going to the hinge that was completely severed. So I figured it was hopeless, and just hastily slapped it back together to see if the upper screen would work. Fortunately, it does work... so right now I'm just waiting for my New 3DS to arrive so I can do a system transfer. Until then, I'm not going to touch it.

So I'll just be playing Y and Omega Ruby on my Japanese 3DS until then... I just beat Y though so I don't have much left to do there except catch a few miscellaneous Pokemon. Moderately close to the end of Omega Ruby... I had traded over a few high level Pokemon from Alpha Sapphire so that I could breeze through it without much effort.

Man that sucks, back in 2007 I dropped my old fat DS on a tiled floor and the hinge broke. It still worked up until it was stolen from my family's hotel room later that year. I lost a copy of Pokemon Diamond and FireRed that were in the DS too. :(

I felt so heart broken when my Pokemon Black broke, it was my favourite game and had my favourite team because of how much the story. My Pokemon were lost forever. I had to get a new one, which I got the same team again however in memory of my old team but it still hurt losing the Pokemon I cared for so much.

It's annoying when trying to play Pokemon ORAS online. There is really only 2 camps; Smogonites and the Legendary Hoggers. I can't enjoy myself as much as I want to because I'd have to choose between both or just play with friends but my friends don't play with me anymore after a few matches because they lose :(.

Personally, with Battles. I like to play with simple rules that can make any level of player enjoy and not make matches overly complicated.

• All Moves are allowed
  • Duplicate Items and Pokemon are allowed
  • Swapping Pokemon is forbidden (except if a move was used like Baton Pass and U-Turn).
  • Legendary and Mega swap rule; You are allowed to use 1 Legendary but if you do choose to use a Legendary. You are not allowed to Mega Evolve/Primal Reverse, and if you have a Mega Stone then you are not allowed to use a Legendary.
  • Soul Dew is forbidden
Of course against other players who don't know these rules, I play like usual but I do know the the No Swapping rule is utilized with other players, which is the only times I ever enjoy online battles :(.

I'm likely going to keep it unlike my other event legendaries. It looks pretty good and is fun to use with its Diamond Storm.

So that makes 5 event Pokemon I would actually keep. Mew, Shaymin, Arceus, Diancie and soon to be Volcanion :drool:

Im a huge fan of legendaries, i have 1-3 of each one. As for event legends i do enjoy Genesect and Victini.

My sister didn't want a second Diancie so i took it instead of wasting the event. I'd be willing to trade it to you, i know it can be traded via Wi-fi since i just did it.

I don't have too many interesting Pokemon to trade for it, though I do have a few shiny Rayquaza from the Winter 2015 World Hobby Fair in Chiba.

If you're interested, I'll let you know their natures and their IVs and you can pick which one you want. Though this will have to wait until I get my new 3DS... my current one is busted. It should be in soon though.

Anyone willing to help me with a Gastly play through by trading me my Gastly egg from X to AS?

Anyone willing to help me with a Gastly play through by trading me my Gastly egg from X to AS?
I can probably breed my Gengar and Ditto in AS for the egg though it'll likely not have Perfect IVs, since I don't do that, if it's ok.

I can probably breed my Gengar and Ditto in AS for the egg though it'll likely not have Perfect IVs, since I don't do that, if it's ok.
I already have the egg I just need a trade partner since you can't put eggs in the Bank.

I already have the egg I just need a trade partner since you can't put eggs in the Bank.
Oh, I'm fine with that :)

-------

I'm really liking Mega Salamence, probably my favourite Mega Evolution.

Usually I judge Pokemon based on 3 areas.

• Appearance
  • Concept
  • How fun it is to use
It definitely has the Appearance perfect for me, I've always like the Original Salamence concept of being a Salamander as well as its colouring, despite its type just being another Dragonite.

For it being fun to use, HELL YEAH!!! Double-Edge spamming, is such a Powerful Risk taker as you might end up killing yourself for using it too much or having your HP so low that your Opponent can Capsulize from the Recoil. Even Roost leaves you open for an Ice Beam. It's go big or go home play-style is so exhilarating.

You can use Return in order to protect you from recoil but that is way too boring.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone who plays Pokemon OR/AS :P. I was thinking if we can hold a little Pokemon Tournament?

Battles can easily be done as each round can take place per week and all you have to do is agree on your time with your opponent before the start of next week.

Of coarse, rules and formats are complicated to figure out. We could go Singles or Doubles or even Triple or Rotation to add a little freshness into it.

Hey, everyone who plays Pokemon OR/AS :P. I was thinking if we can hold a little Pokemon Tournament?

Battles can easily be done as each round can take place per week and all you have to do is agree on your time with your opponent before the start of next week.

Of coarse, rules and formats are complicated to figure out. We could go Singles or Doubles or even Triple or Rotation to add a little freshness into it.
I'm interested in this. Single, Double or Rotation battle would be cool, not a huge fan of triple battles.

I'm interested in this. Single, Double or Rotation battle would be cool, not a huge fan of triple battles.
We could use all formats :P. Have 4 Rounds in a Round-Robin Tournament with each round using a different format. Get Points depending on how many Pokemon left standing from the battle. Most Points wins.

Last edited:
Sure Rayquaza would be fine and i don't mind waiting.
Okay I'm in port and got my new 3DS.

Here's the specs of the shiny Rayquazas:

1. Docile, IVs 31 HP, 31 Atk, 31 Def, 18 SpAtk, 3 SpDef, 16 Spd
2. Sassy, IVs 31 HP, 29 Atk, 31 Def, 25 SpAtk, 11 SpDef, 31 Spd
3. Naughty, IVs 31 HP, 31 Atk, 0 Def, 31 SpAtk, 6 SpDef, 10 Spd

I'm in, but probably will be rubbish.

I'd be interested in this! Gonna need to work on my ORAS team though :D Gotta get my diancie trained up.
Speaking of that, I think we need limitations on Pokemon usage incase someone comes in with 5 Primals and a Mega Rayquaza which would ruin the fun for everyone else.

I'm thinking a rule where you get to choose either a Mega Evolution or 1 Legendary on your team.

Back