Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

How would this work exactly?
So everyone can play any round. This Tournament would be a Round Robin.

Each round goes for a week, a battle format is announced and each participant must find another participant to battle for the format, you can't battle the same person twice in a row.

When the battle is over, save the battle video and send it online for others to see as proof of your victory or loss.

You get points depending on how much Pokemon you have after you win (so you'd get 6 points if you did a 6-0 sweep and 1 point if you had a very close 1-0 match). Losing by forfeit doesn't give you any points despite how many Pokemon you had when you forfeit.

People who break the Pokemon and Move Limitations lose 6 Points. (Negative points is possible).

Whoever has the most points after the final round is declared the Champion.

You're a better person than me, I already wonder traded "puppy"
You're a horrible human being.

Last edited:
So everyone can play any round. This Tournament would be a Round Robin.

Each round goes for a week, a battle format is announced and each participant must find another participant to battle for the format, you can't battle the same person twice in a row.

When the battle is over, save the battle video and send it online for others to see as proof of your victory or loss.

You get points depending on how much Pokemon you have after you win (so you'd get 6 points if you did a 6-0 sweep and 1 point if you had a very close 1-0 match). Losing by forfeit doesn't give you any points despite how many Pokemon you had when you forfeit.

People who break the Pokemon and Move Limitations lose 6 Points. (Negative points is possible).

Whoever has the most points after the final round is declared the Champion.

Sounds neat, I'm interested.

I'm assuming you're wanting to use actual Pokemon games for this, not Pokemon Showdown or something similar?

Alright, cool. I haven't touched them in quite some time, but I should have most of the Pokemans I'll need. Just need to dust them off. :lol:

Anybody want an Aerodactyl? I have 3 from fossil hunting and apparently people like them so...
Ignore @LMSCorvetteGT2 he doesn't believe in the heart or the true potential of Pokemon.

I would like 1 to raise in my AS. Already have one in X but I plan on keeping it in X.

I already have your FC.

So according to this news sites. The starters might be breaking the tradition of Fire, Water and Grass. Either to expand the options or give us 3 different types to choose from.

http://www.crossmap.com/news/pokemo...e-various-of-pokemon-types-as-a-starter-26398

Not sure how it'll work as the only other types that balance each other out (minus Bug/Fighting and Ghost/Normal) is Dark/Psychic/Fighting but that was already done in Gen VI.

So according to this news sites. The starters might be breaking the tradition of Fire, Water and Grass. Either to expand the options or give us 3 different types to choose from.

http://www.crossmap.com/news/pokemo...e-various-of-pokemon-types-as-a-starter-26398

Not sure how it'll work as the only other types that balance each other out (minus Bug/Fighting and Ghost/Normal) is Dark/Psychic/Fighting but that was already done in Gen VI.

I'm pretty sure that's an article suggesting that the Fire/Water/Grass tradition should be broken. At the very least, 'According to recent reports' is barely a more reliable source than 'According to my uncle who totally works at Nintendo for real'.

True, and honestly unless Dark loses its immunity to Psychic and becomes resistant to it instead I can't see another trio of starters being anything other Grass/Fire/Water.

Hmm, continuing with the theme of secondary type trios, what about a Fire/Ground starter, a Water/Flying starter, and a Grass/Electric starter?

Honestly, I don't want to see the Fire Starter have a second type. Thyplosion is the only one who doesn't have a Second Type and compared to 3 Pure Waters and 3 Pure Grass, it rubs me the wrong way that we only have 1 Pure Fire Starter.

Ignore @LMSCorvetteGT2 he doesn't believe in the heart or the true potential of Pokemon.

I would like 1 to raise in my AS. Already have one in X but I plan on keeping it in X.

I already have your FC.

He's right I don't. I only care about three things, event pokemon, hidden ability and max'd ev and iv.

Blame the system not the man ;)
Hmm, continuing with the theme of secondary type trios, what about a Fire/Ground starter, a Water/Flying starter, and a Grass/Electric starter?

Water flying...we have those to be honest. Like enough I'd say. A starter would bring what really? Same with a Fire/Ground. Camerupt, Groudon, and though Torkoal isn't one he might as well be with the ability to use the three most powerful ground moves the game allows. We end up in the same position what does a Fire/Ground starter bring?

A fire/electric would be cool and make more sense than a grass/electric, to me that's Legendary territory before GF and Nintendo decide to make a regular pokemon out of it.

Last edited:
I'd like to see these types for starters;

Grass/Fairy (I honestly think Meganium should've gotten retcon with this typing as well as some Fairy moves)
Fire
Water/Electric

They do seem a little typical but I reckon they would fit well, not to mention they don't interrupt the triangle balance of the 3 types. Also there desperately needs to be another pure Fire starter IMO.

I also wouldn't mind if the Water/Electric starter came in its first stage just like how Bulbasaur was always Grass/Poison just to shake things up a bit.

20th anniversary Jirachi available to download. level 100 for the 2.5 people who might not already have one or six.

Shiny kirlia used teleport.

I quit.

You know maybe I should have used the masterball. but seriously I am so angry right now.

WHY IS TELEPORT EVEN A MOVE!?!??!?!?!?!

Last edited:

I quit.

You know maybe I should have used the masterball. but seriously I am so angry right now.

To specifically make catching Pokemon more of a Challenge.

At least you didn't critical hit a shiny tangela like I did :(.

I feel like I am the only one who struggles with battling Porygon2. That with an Eviolite is the biggest 🤬 to get through, and people say Chansey is bad, at least Chansey has low Defense and doesn't have good Attack power. Porygon2 has good Defense and Sp. Defense and has the power to hit like a truck.

Last edited:
IMG_20160403_212054.jpg

Dozed off mid game a fair bit hence high hours. Just need 1 more eevee and a kabuto for full live Dex too.

Back to Black 2 for me now.

I quit.

image.jpeg

Well, never consider shiny hunting in a area with Abras or Kirlias or any psychic type Pokemon that uses the move teleport.

View attachment 533848
Well, never consider shiny hunting in a area with Abras or Kirlias or any psychic type Pokemon that uses the move teleport.
Neither would I, but it never even crossed my mind that kirlia might use teleport, even though I knew it could.

Luckily after another 3000 encounters (and three god damn shiny jigglypuffs) later, I found another one. Goodbye masterball...

Neither would I, but it never even crossed my mind that kirlia might use teleport, even though I knew it could.

Luckily after another 3000 encounters (and three god damn shiny jigglypuffs) later, I found another one. Goodbye masterball...
I wish I was you after reading this, not because of the shiny Kirlia problem but encountering like 3 shinies. I'd be surprised if you encountered all of those within a day. I've only encountered like one shiny Pokemon in my whole life and that was a shiny golduck on Soul Silver. I wonder how many hours you've spent just trying to get a shiny Kirlia.

Back