Police in Forza Horizon?

• Thread starter alex511
  • 8 comments
Germany
Germany
Am I am the only one who misses a police in Horizon? Seriously. Maybe I played to much NFS games, but that would make a more realistic element and could be a new feature maybe for Horizon 5. I could imagine that would make the game play more unusually.
Quick cars and police is a good combo for every time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. It'd be a very short game if every time the player indulged in property damage or felt the need for speed the cops were behind them in hot pursuit. I can't say it's my most wanted feature.

I'm sure there was a group of people on GTP who used to set up Horizon cops v cruisers events though. Not sure where they are now but I imagine it looked something like this.

Honestly I’d rather not have police; I want to be able to drive as I please without worrying about things like cops in the way. That’s one thing that separates Horizon from Need for Speed and the like; police would make it too much like the others IMO.

Even TDU has police which is something I wouldn't want Forza Horizon to have included. IMO, it would ruin the experience of simply just cruising around and the like. If I want cops, I'll just play NFS.

Besides, Forza Horizon is a place where one can escape from reality and relax. I much prefer that over cops.

If you sit still for any length of time in Edinburgh, you can hear sirens, but never see any emergency vehicles. Feels odd that they coded in the sounds, but not the visuals. Also, if you sit in the Esplanade car park at Edinburgh Castle, you can hear the tram bells, which since you're more than 300m from the nearest tram stop, is a bit far-fetched

If you sit still for any length of time in Edinburgh, you can hear sirens, but never see any emergency vehicles. Feels odd that they coded in the sounds, but not the visuals. Also, if you sit in the Esplanade car park at Edinburgh Castle, you can hear the tram bells, which since you're more than 300m from the nearest tram stop, is a bit far-fetched

I don't know how many times I thought those sirens were IRL....

I joke with my buddy about how the city of Horizon is in favour of people driving all willy nilly, and that residents of Horizon either have massive property tax or home insurance rate....

Or they get extra tax credits for living in a high-liability areas, and they would be responsible for fixing their own property when people plow through their fences and cobblestone walls.

So no, having police around to enforce proper driving wouldn't be all that fantastic IMO. NFS Most Wanted (and later) did a pretty good job with that.

It would be cool as a multiplayer mode (similar to the stuff FailRace does), but I have no interest in cops playing a part in single player.

Back