POLL: Bring Back Shuffle Racing In GT6! (it's possible again in GT5, see post 330)

• Thread starter VBR
  • 329 comments

Do you want online Shuffle racing back in GT6?

• Total voters
Could be a simple update really, they try to improve online, maybe they thought it was under used.
Point is, there are those of us who think this should be an update priority.

Judging by the popularity of an online lobby using ONLY cars in shuffle set at 380pp or less - and usually at 300-340pp... (ie: my Clean Lo PP Shuffle lobbies)... Never mind the higher PP shuffle rooms' popularity... Seems unlikely that the shuffle option is something to be considered an under used option.

Dammit! I was all excited about getting my copy of the game after work today. Shuffle racing was the only way I played this game online! Looks like I'll be sticking to GT5 until they come up with an update for GT6 which brings back Shuffle races... :(

I'm really disappointed now...

What the actual 🤬? Created an account just to vote. Fuming right now!
Was really hoping, they would improve shuffle racing and make it more customizable...And they remove it completely?!? Are you 🤬 me?!?
Online shuffle was all i ever did in GT5, basicly.

The funny thing is, I was really annoyed seeing all my friends play GT6 tonight, as I probably won't get my copy until Monday, but I don't even care anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:
O
Yep I've definitely raced with you!

Keep this thread bumped!!!!!
Oh I will man... I'm pissed they didn't keep shuffle in GT6

What the actual 🤬? Created an account just to vote. Fuming right now!
Was really hoping, they would improve shuffle racing and make it more customizable...And they remove it completely?!? Are you 🤬 me?!?
Online shuffle was all i ever did in GT5, basicly.

The funny thing is, I was really annoyed seeing all my friends playing GT6 tonight, as I probably won't get my copy until Monday, but I don't even care anymore...

Me too brotha, the only reason I created a gtp profile was to vote for PD to bring shuffle back in this poll

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god. I am fuming right now. Shuffle racing was where I spent ALL of my time in GT5. I will not be getting a copy unless they put it back in. Mind boggling they leave it out

Was really hoping, they would improve shuffle racing and make it more customizable...And they remove it completely?!?
I know! I've been saying for ages that I hope in gt6 they improve shuffle by making it more customizable, or adding more options or more cars or a wider range of cars, or whatever. Never did I think it would just be dropped as an option altogether! Didn't think that would be the case at all! In fact, it seemed such a staple mode of play, I kind of assumed it would be included in gt6!

Seeing the "give us better sounds please" and other constructive/negative threads didn't have any affect at all on PD the last years, you all better hope they already planned to reintroduce it in a future patch, and this is just a "placeholder" online mode... or i don't see them bringing it back.

no shuffle racing?

cancel pre order

...did not know it was gone actually, i liked it. even though i would always get a crap car like some 70's american ammo box that revved out at 150 kmh, or some other crap american thing that over-steered every corner :D

Seeing the "give us better sounds please" and other constructive/negative threads didn't have any affect at all on PD the last years, you all better hope they already planned to reintroduce it in a future patch, and this is just a "placeholder" online mode... or i don't see them bringing it back.
This isn't strictly true.
Wasn't it the fans that prompted the Tuning Prohibited option, AND the extra options in Shuffle mode (like shuffle base)?

I mean I'm disappointed about there not being a Course Creator in GT6 right out of the gate, but that disappointment is salved by the fact that they have promised it, and at a greatly improved level.
With Shuffle... they hadn't mentioned it was discontinued, and there's been no mention of it being released later either. :(

Is there still a 'recommended garage'? Or all options to race online w/o buying cars are gone?
The latter would make sense, lol. Why give free cars for online when you can milk people's cash for those.

I just told my spouse, who had lost interest in GT5 awhile back, and the only thing he finally did once in awhile was shuffle racing. We did get GT6, and mainly for me. He said he'll check it out, but he's not as enthused about it as he once was.
He just said, "I guess I finally am done with Gran Turismo. That's the only thing I've bothered to do with GT5 anymore. How could they leave out shuffle racing?"

Is there still a 'recommended garage'?
This has been brought up in the Online thread, but still waiting on clarification about that. Wardez just copied some stuff about it from the Manual...
GT6's Online Mode
・One-Make Car Selection
Choose which type of car can be used in a One-Make Race. The room owner can choose from a selection of cars especially chosen for One-Make Races. These cars are considered "loan cars", meaning that even if other players don't own that type of car, they will be loaned one for the duration of the race. Car Settings cannot be adjusted for cars loaned in this manner.

Ideally, I would've liked a greatly expanded Rec Garage, and the ability of the room host to be able to select a bunch of cars, not for a one-make, but a variety of models to be raced together - not just in a one-make single model race.
Still, that still wouldn't be a sufficient replacement for shuffle racing.

It would be a shame to lose one of the best, if not THE best feature of GT5. It was so simple and so enjoyable. Online needs to be quick and easy and shuffle mode is a great way to achieve this. I was hoping for an improved shuffle mode from GT6 to include more of the cars and bring even more variety.

Not that he'll even see it but I tweeted Kaz about this before I even made it halfway through the first page!

95% of my online racing was clean shuffle because I dont have tme for tuning, testing, and tweaking. This was a nice level field.

Wow this is bad news.

Boromir.jpg

It would be a shame to lose one of the best, if not THE best feature of GT5. It was so simple and so enjoyable. Online needs to be quick and easy and shuffle mode is a great way to achieve this. I was hoping for an improved shuffle mode from GT6 to include more of the cars and bring even more variety.

Couldn't have put it better myself. 👍

95% of my online racing was clean shuffle...was a nice level field.

Me too. The vast majority of my time was spent Shuffling, then I'd go for a cruise on the Ring 24 hour to wind down. That's mostly all I did in GT5, & wanted to carry on doing the same in GT6. I tell a lie, I saved most of my Shuffle race replays & would watch them after an evenings racing as well, it was the best thing on TV! ;)

Last edited:
VBR
I feel let down with GT6 due to the fact that the awesome online Shuffle racing option has been removed. I had some of the best racing ever in Shuffle lobbies, it's unbelievable that they haven't included this in GT6. I hope they add it in an update.

How do you feel about it?

Thanks to carracerptp for the following image! :D Other supporters have made their own images below, why not use one of them as your avatar in support as suggested by RayzRayz! 👍

WfDDAm1.png

Thanks to smskeeter23 for this one! :lol:

65571-ed764bcc99f7af473bb92dd195ee59c1.jpg
YESSS.

Ideally, I would've liked a greatly expanded Rec Garage, and the ability of the room host to be able to select a bunch of cars, not for a one-make, but a variety of models to be raced together - not just in a one-make single model race.
Still, that still wouldn't be a sufficient replacement for shuffle racing.
this
I thought they would improve it also.. like europeon cars only shuffle, 4wd only shuffle, Muscle car only shuffle, etc.

For them to leave it out completely is insane.
and this

People could actually make use of the massive 1200 car roster for once. The one gripe I had with shuffle, besides muscle cars, was that cars became repetitive after a while.
I still don't get why they left shuffle out. If you don't have the time to revamp it, at least leave it as it was. It's not like they had to build the game from scratch (like Turn 10 with Forza 5). Hell, some cars still look like they were untouched since GT3.

VBR
I saved most of my Shuffle race replays & would watch them after an evenings racing as well, it was the best thing on TV! ;)
lol sounds like a great idea

No Ferrari F1 cars. No UCD. No day/night viewing of cars in their different paint schemes in the dealership car selection. And now no shuffle racing. For someone who hasn't bought the game yet the evergrowing list of things gone missing from GT5 is pretty deflating. What else did GT5 have that GT6 hasn't?

Back