POLL: Bring Back Shuffle Racing In GT6! (it's possible again in GT5, see post 330)

• Thread starter VBR
  • 329 comments

Do you want online Shuffle racing back in GT6?

• Total voters
I can't imagine shuffle not coming back.
Keep telling myself they are just improving it before implementing it online.
Though it's strange they didn't just put the GT5 shuffle in to avoid panic whitin the shuffle community, cuz on the inside i'm panicing pretty badly. Even crying every now and then :')

Tried racing online but without options for filtering on tyres and pp i keep joining and leaving lobby's where everyone is in racing cars on soft slicks.
Don't think thats entertaining being a GT5 shuffleholic.

Ah well i'll just be playing GT mode for now to rack up some cash.

So is the patch including shuffle up yet?

PD deliberately released the game without all the online features enabled. There will be many more online features coming soon like Community Features etc. I have no problem with that at all, as it means we get the game sooner, no delays like previous titles. It would just be nice of them if they would tell us exactly what was going to be added later, like whether Shuffle would be in GT6 or not. But I'll guess we'll find out soon enough.

How do you know that? Got a source?

It's common knowledge, it's posted on the news page here. It's a good rean, enjoy! 👍

EDIT: Community tools & features are mentioned on the official GT site here.

Last edited:
Yes, there's plenty of content they HAVE made public that it will be in updates.

But no mention of shuffle at all. :(

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/
You mentioned the Senna content in May, can you give us any sort of timeline as to when we can expect the other major features to be released, such as the Course Maker, online community features, etc.?

“We don’t have a definite order yet of things, but, you know, January, February, March, April, May, etc., we have updates planned for each of those months, and there are actually more things too which we still can’t mention"

I'm hoping that shuffle is in the "more things" that for whatever reason, they can't mention.

But if they can't mention shuffle yet... it makes it sound like it's nowhere near ready to add shuffle. :(

Though that just doesn't sound plausible, since it's something that already existed -- how big a deal could it be to add it back?

If one wants to be an optimist of course, we could hope that maybe they're revamping it so much, to be so much more expansive & customizable, that it really is that big of a deal.

I'm hesitant to think that's plausible either though. :nervous:

I mean they brought back Rec Garage online loaner cars, in a more limited capacity so far. :boggled: Now, there's less to choose from, and you can only choose one at a time. That's not a good sign.

If they've got something better planned, I can't imagine that telling us about it would do anything but help their cause.

Very confusing.

Thanks for the info. Sadly no explicit mention of shuffle. Let's hope the December update will right the wrongs.
VBR
EDIT: Community tools & features are mentioned on the official GT site here.
The screenshot in that link looks fake to me. Who would race a Dino against a GT-R, Miura and a Ford GT?
Also, haven't played GT6 online yet, but in that screenshot it apears that peoples real names are displayed, rather than their psn nicknames. Can someone confirm that? Would be hard to recognize your friends that way, if all you know is their nick.

Thanks for the info. Sadly no explicit mention of shuffle. Let's hope the December update will right the wrongs.

The screenshot in that link looks fake to me. Who would race a Dino against a GT-R, Miura and a Ford GT?
Also, haven't played GT6 online yet, but in that screenshot it apears that peoples real names are displayed, rather than their psn nicknames. Can someone confirm that? Would be hard to recognize your friends that way, if all you know is their nick.

Hey, t2m. Online indeed shows real names... I've changed my to:
name: .
surname: GTP_OnlyMe

that way it shows as ..GTP_OnlyMe :P

I dunno... Looks realistic to me. :lol: :sly:
Room title says one thing, you get in, and it's not exactly that, and everyone's just getting in whatever car willy-nilly... people are driving whatever. Someone's changing the settings, then starting the race before anyone can adjust, and then they just say "oh sorry I changed the settings".

Yeah, I think that was a real room in the screenshot. :lol: :lol:

Isn't that the reason most of us liked Shuffle lobbies?? :sly:

Yeah peeps have been talking about this in the Online thread (if you're interested)...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6s-online-mode.287343/page-7#post-9049170

It shows your first initial & last name. So I put my first name in, and put my psn name as my last name.
I was worried mostly about confusingness. I don't want to have to think of people by THREE different names now. (GTP name, PSN name, stated name :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
That's a stupid decision, I always play online dirty shuffle. I'm too cheap to use my own cars, and even if you use the same pp in a race people who can fiddle with the transmission and suspension can end up with a much faster car even if it's the same pp.

BRING BACK BRING BACK BRING BACK BRING BACK BRING BACK BRING BACK BRING BACK BRING BACK SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE SHUFFLE !!!!!!!!

@Sick Cylinder - I made your meme into an avatar so we can all use it on GT Planet.

Shuffle Avatar.jpg

Don't usually bother with forums and the whole "social" thing but registered here to add my voice.

BRING BACK SHUFFLE

Hardly ever used any other settings and loved just getting on and racing - some enjoyable times.

Yes - it needs slightly wider PP range and improved lists of vehicles - but BRING IT BACK.

Don't usually bother with forums and the whole "social" thing but registered here to add my voice.

BRING BACK SHUFFLE

Hardly ever used any other settings and loved just getting on and racing - some enjoyable times.

Yes - it needs slightly wider PP range and improved lists of vehicles - but BRING IT BACK.

Thanks for taking the effort to join us in the poll. 👍

Shuffle has been something for a wide range of people, just as I suspected, judging by this thread.

Back