POLL: Bring Back Shuffle Racing In GT6! (see my GT Sport Poll also)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by VBR, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Do you want online Shuffle racing back in GT6?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

5.9%
  3. What's Shuffle racing?

8.4%
  1. VBR

VBR Premium

Pedaltotheend likes this.
  2. Ghost_Dog_59

Ghost_Dog_59

I tried to play gt6 last night and got bored really quickly, then popped in gt5 and had an amazing time in a shuffle room!

I-Runner, JTB10000, VBR and 1 other person like this.
  3. VBR

VBR Premium

1.05 & still no Shuffle.

:(

ukfan758, iamlanky and talkin_2_me like this.
  4. lmracer

lmracer

Hi everyone in here. I'm late to this topic, but I need to understand it since it seems like such an important component to GT and its users.

Can someone explain to me exactly what shuffle was and why it is needed again?

VBR likes this.
  5. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Here's my improvised shuffle idea:

You take a random number generator (random.org) and put in 0 to 27 (the amount of couters cars) and let the generator generate a random car and let that be the "shuffled" car. (Works with tracks too but much more tedious since there's more tracks than coutersy cars)

VBR likes this.
  6. Samus

Samus

Ridiculous they got rid of this, it was basically the only way I raced online to get around the fact of having to tune cars to hundreds of different PP limits.

The host of a room selected a track and a PP limit, the game then shuffled through a bunch of cars that fit the PP range for everyone in the room and gave each person one at random. Whilst some cars were far better than others it did make for close, equal racing most of the time and it meant you raced in a different car all the time, cars you wouldn't usually use.

Pedaltotheend, mister dog and VBR like this.
  7. VBR

VBR Premium

All the races were Reverse Grid too, so if you won you ended up at the back of the grid in a slightly slower car in the next race. It was a very rough way of leveling out driver ability with different cars, it didn't always work of course but made for some of the most fun racing I've ever had online. All cars were totally stock & on Comfort Soft or Sports Hard tyres as well, with the PP range being set between 300 to 500.

The reason we need it again is this; it was such an easy way to find clean & close racing. You needed no cars of your own, didn't need to tune, & you could jump straight into a lobby & be out on tack racing within a few minutes. Great for those who just want to plug & play.

Happy days! :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    I-Runner, Duppy Gee, no1pal and 4 others like this.
  8. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

This is why I think it'll come with the matchmaking feature.

Squanto likes this.
  9. Scape__Goat

Scape__Goat

I miss Shuffle so much that my friends and I often go to GT5 and race shuffle, We want Shuffle brought back to GT6, along with other things like track editor, speed testing track, simple things like the lines on the graphs and sliders, the options to lend out cars and trade... according to the writting on my game box this should have already been the case!
    false advertising

10. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Considering there was absolutely no justification to remove shuffle racing in the first place, I don't see why it would be re-introduced with matchmaking. I think what is more likely is that someone decided that Shuffle Racing was no longer part of his 'vision'.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Billsippi and VBR like this.
  11. VBR

VBR Premium

We had a few new online modes added to GT6 in the 1.05 update including Drift, Time Trial, & Free Run. So, do you think that Shuffle racing be making an unannounced return in the 1.06 update tomorrow?

12. dennygreen2k13

dennygreen2k13

I doubt it. that would be nice though, I've been thinking about actually playing gt6 again lately.

mostly I've been waiting for that Project Cars game to come out for PC. That looks really good.

VBR likes this.
  13. Samus

Samus

Still nope.

VBR likes this.
  14. z71L28

z71L28

Shuffle is the definition of online raceing!.:bowdown:

15. VBR

VBR Premium

There, I fixed it for you. ;)

Billsippi, lbishov1, poumpoum and 2 others like this.
  16. jflomario

jflomario Premium

I loved the way the shuffle system sorted out different skill levels. I always drove so conservatively, the game would sit me in a GTR after a few races. Damn near clockwork.

I-Runner and VBR like this.
  17. Alonso rules

Alonso rules (Banned)

It aint gonna happen is it?
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pedaltotheend and VBR like this.
  18. VBR

VBR Premium

6 months later, & still no Shuffle...

:grumpy:

no1pal and Pedaltotheend like this.
  19. CRANK_U1

CRANK_U1

I'm praying that they bring shuffle back! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PD you know it makes sense :)

VBR likes this.
  20. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I know the pain you are going through about no Shuffle racing VBR, and CRANK_U1 is praying I am doing the same and it is so sad that PD is not listening to the fans about Shuffle racing.

no1pal, VBR and CRANK_U1 like this.
  21. CeeJay

CeeJay

dang it really has been 6 months.. so sad we lost shuffle online mode. Shuffle really was a fun mode to play & it still baffles me why PD got rid of it. :(:(:( why PD??

no1pal, CRANK_U1 and VBR like this.
  22. gibo155

gibo155

No Shuffle still
    No b-Spec
    No Track Creator

No GT6

I-Runner, no1pal, CRANK_U1 and 2 others like this.
  23. carracerptp

carracerptp

My only hope is that SPEC 2 is coming. I bet it will have the track editor and maybe ( I really hope ) shuffle.

no1pal and VBR like this.
  24. carracerptp

carracerptp

25. Krizzay

Krizzay

Clean shuffle races were the best fun in GT5

I-Runner, no1pal and VBR like this.
  26. Ghost_Dog_59

Ghost_Dog_59

I haven't played this game in months now... I will definitely not buy GT7 if shuffle races are not included!

27. CRANK_U1

CRANK_U1

Dirty for me :lol:

jflomario likes this.
  28. postaldave

postaldave

sadly my racing days are over for now. played gt5 shuffle all month and had the time of my life. i guess i'll check back here once in a while and see if there is any news. such a shame. the gt6 cars handle so well but they totally ruined the game for me. i'm still stunned over it all. i've bought every gt game made. i even bought my ps3 just to get gt5. now my gt6 is just a coaster.

VBR and CRANK_U1 like this.
  29. spencer7x7

spencer7x7

I played a few shuffle before the shutdown, it was a bit fun. Hope it returns in GT6, it SHOULD return.

hall90, no1pal and VBR like this.
  30. no1pal

no1pal

I never look back when a new game is in, so I haven't played shuffle in over 6 months!!

Hope that it will come in 1.09 :scared:

Lister_Storm, CRANK_U1 and hall90 like this.