POLL: Cr. 50million for around £20 / $30 / €25

• Thread starter GTAndy36
  • 88 comments

Would you pay around £20 / $30 / €25 for Cr.50m in-game credits?

• Total voters
All the peasants get defensive when cash cards are even spoke of in video games...

Even though they clearly don't have to purchase them.
Peasants? I thought you said "Peanuts". :D

kft-046_1z.jpg

Du du, du, du du du, DUH. :lol:

Seriously, in game currency shouldn't cost more than $5. It should cost maybe at the most $15-20 to own every car in the game, period. This charging us for content we already have bs has got to stop with developers.

Maybe $1 per 10mil in game credits, but even still that's pushing it. I really just want some decent payouts (at least $200k) for races I can do in roughly 10 minutes with a variety of cars that actually take advantage of the tracks in the game.

Neither would I pay for credit, nor would I grind like an idiot. I'm just assuming that a game is crippled, if it just gives these two options in order to get your hands on the best available cars.
I'd just love to drive the Lambo Miura or the 250GTO, but I'm not likely to spend extra €30 to get them, and there is no way I'd do the nurb 24min 56 times (which is what you'd need in order to get both).
I'll just assume that those cars aren't really available in the game.

I'd just love to drive the Lambo Miura or the 250GTO, but I'm not likely to spend extra €30 to get them, and there is no way I'd do the nurb 24min 56 times (which is what you'd need in order to get both).
While that is the highest paying race you could actually earn more in much less time doing the Red Bull Jr event with 200% bonus it is 177k per race and 500k overall which nets you about double what you get from the other race in about the same amount of time.

I haven't actually bought those cars yet but I have earned enough to buy 2 of both of them

£20 for 50 million credits, NO! However, I would've paid £1 for 1 million credits at the start of the game. Probably as it's a smaller transaction.

If I had the money, I may consider it but since GT6 doesnt have a 1000 car trophy, there's no powerful reason for me to do so.
Whats the point of this? You should want the cars to race them and to have all the best available cars to race online mainly, not to get meaningless trophies :odd:

Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but looking at it, I've already paid for 1200 cars to drive, and totally don't get why I should experience the racing career only to unlock some of them. I shouldn't been forced to go through all these races, if all I want is to drive around some course alone (especially the one generated by myself). To me that just false advertising. Also if you consider all previous games (to me beginning with gt4). Been there, done that, now where are the cars, where are the tracks, where's the course maker?

NO NO NO NO and another NO

NEVER EVER. Not in any game, and even more on GranTurismo.

BTW, can I sell my 60 6.000.000+ cars to PD for REAL MONEY too?

That would be great.... And of course it´ll never ever ever happen....

I'm not a cursing person but I really want to add a colorful word between NO and WAY! :D I don't have much of an issue with DLC for games but microtransactions just kill games for me. To artificially lengthen the time it takes to accumulate money/coins/credits in games to monitize your time and try to get you to pay for it is crazy. I don't like it one bit.

This .... And a "Like" for Roxette too... (Oh, the 90´.... )

No, there's always a way to cheat. I bought an action replay disc for GT4 that gave me unlimited money and some other cheats for $5 back in the day. GT5 I used save editor, and GT6 did credit glitch, I have more money than I will ever spend in GT6.

I'm not going to pay $60 for a game and then pay another $5,000 to unlock all of the content that I already paid for that's just insane, BS like this is part of the reason why I'm losing interest in video games.

I voted No Way because I cant advocate paying for something that is essentially freshly minted fake money. and if you do, you do the Gran Turismo and gaming community a diservice. why? you may ask. Well. it doesnt help if most of us are standing around a fire waiting for it to die. . and you come along and throw jugs of fuel on it. Next game. . . the grind shall be harder. . just so they can tempt you further to buy these credits.

VBR
£20 for 50 million credits, NO! However, I would've paid £1 for 1 million credits at the start of the game. Probably as it's a smaller transaction.

Even 1£, $ or € for 1mill. credit is too much. At least it should be like 10 mill. credits for that.
I think micro-transactions do not have any place in games that you pay full price for.

Micro-transactions are the devil.

Game companies want more money? Make something worth paying for.

Totally agree 👍

I voted No Way because I cant advocate paying for something that is essentially freshly minted fake money. and if you do, you do the Gran Turismo and gaming community a diservice. why? you may ask. Well. it doesnt help if most of us are standing around a fire waiting for it to die. . and you come along and throw jugs of fuel on it. Next game. . . the grind shall be harder. . just so they can tempt you further to buy these credits.

Well unless they change the offline game so it's not an endless grind, they're going to lose fans and customers. There's big racers coming for PS4 so they had better raise their game.

As it is, I'm not sure why I bought GT6. I guess for the new Ferraris. But really, they should have just made them (and the new tracks) available as DLC for GT5... then launched GT6 on PS4.

Aside from new cars/tracks what does GT6 have to offer. slightly tweaked physics? Less content?

PD can take the Micro-transaction biz model and stuff it where the cars don't park.

XS
I specifically said RedBull series, which can be run over and over again and average 3-4 minutes per race and over $120,000 per race without a login bonus. Or you can do the championship and get the per race winnings plus $500,000 gold bonus for 25 minutes total, and do as many times as you want. How much more money could people need? Seriously that's a pretty generous handout. In one hour you can make 2.75 million without any login bonus.

You specifically said: Well with the login bonus plus redbull series and online Seasonals, there really isn't much need to buy credits. ;)

Than this: I haven't had to do all that much grinding in GT6 either

Now you say: which can be run over and over again and average 3-4 minutes per race + In one hour you can make 2.75 million

I am confused! :confused: But anyway, I don´t need money at all because I have a lot of it. And if this runs out, I still have lots of it... you now:sly::sly:

I really don't get the point of it. You spend money to buy the game that you want to play, and then spend more money so you really don't have to. In this type of game you need to play to earn the rewards. So if you buy the rewards, what's the point in playing (or paying for) the game at all???

I'm all for paying to be lazy, like when I order a pizza, but this amounts to paying somebody to take the cake and paying more for them to eat it too. Like wow that's sad!!!

Cheers

You specifically said: Well with the login bonus plus redbull series and online Seasonals, there really isn't much need to buy credits. ;)

Than this: I haven't had to do all that much grinding in GT6 either

Now you say: which can be run over and over again and average 3-4 minutes per race + In one hour you can make 2.75 million

I am confused! :confused: But anyway, I don´t need money at all because I have a lot of it. And if this runs out, I still have lots of it... you now:sly::sly:
You're knit picking what I said apart. Did I not specifically mention redbull series? Did you not mention what I said could only be run once (true for Seasonals, false for redbull series)? And what does the ability to run the redbull series over and over again have to do with my personal experience of not having to grind all that much? I never said I grinded a lot did I? All I said was that it was possible to do because you stated it could be not. You're looking for arguments for no reason. Keep at it, you're failing so far. Seriously, it was just a statement. I never pointed you out did I? Face it, you didn't read my entire post, responded with an inaccurate statement which I corrected, and now are arguing for no reason. Leave me alone.

Even 1£, $ or € for 1mill. credit is too much. At least it should be like 10 mill. credits for that.
I think micro-transactions do not have any place in games that you pay full price for.

Quite possibly. However, I would've still paid that amount rather than grinding through career mode which I can't stand.

I really don't get the point of it. You spend money to buy the game that you want to play, and then spend more money so you really don't have to. In this type of game you need to play to earn the rewards. So if you buy the rewards, what's the point in playing (or paying for) the game at all???

The reason why I would consider buying in-game money if it was cheap enough, is I've played the game through. I've played what it has to offer. Every race offline is done, against minnow AI so it's not really racing. I could play online and I do, but credit wise they offer next to nothing. Same goes for the seasonals. Especially when you consider you've got to use your own cars. If you don't have that car you need to buy it, therefore the money you win gets spent on the car...

If I was able to buy 50million credits, I could just create photosets and work on setups and tunes for cars I wanted without having to worry about finding more money by grinding an event over and over... wasting my own limited gaming time.

As it stands right now, I won't be back on GT6 because it doesn't offer me anything! I'll run the odd event with mates when our scheduled events come round if I can make it but other than that... there's nothing that GT6 can do for my gaming time.

But I completely support the view that games that use micro-transactions to allow you to progress properly though it should be banned. These are mainly found in the handheld gaming market on mobiles etc, but such ideas are filtering through to console gaming.

Yes, such an offer of credits like this will be viewed in ^this^ way by some. It's not as simple as that though. Cos what do you do in my position? As it stands I will barely be playing GT6. If such an offer came about it would possibly bring me back to it...

VBR
Quite possibly. However, I would've still paid that amount rather than grinding through career mode which I can't stand.

Though I disagree with you on micro-transactions, I do understand what you mean. :)

No, I do the X2014 series for over two million at 200%. That gives me all the money I need. Would never consider paying real money for credits. I've got 7 million credits right now and there aren't any cars that interest me enough to bother spending it.

XS
You're knit picking what I said apart. Did I not specifically mention redbull series? Did you not mention what I said could only be run once (true for Seasonals, false for redbull series)? And what does the ability to run the redbull series over and over again have to do with my personal experience of not having to grind all that much? I never said I grinded a lot did I? All I said was that it was possible to do because you stated it could be not. You're looking for arguments for no reason. Keep at it, you're failing so far. Seriously, it was just a statement. I never pointed you out did I? Face it, you didn't read my entire post, responded with an inaccurate statement which I corrected, and now are arguing for no reason. Leave me alone.

Calm down, I put happy smiley in my post so please don´t feel offendend. If I am nitpicking that actually means I read all of what you said, otherwise I couldn´t do it. Thing is, MY point of view is, that if you like to buy a 20 Mill. $ car, you need to grind, no matter what. Doing the Red Bull challenge over and over again, is grinding. And my original comment was about the seasonals which give you money just once. If you did all the seasonals, you have may be 2 Millions in credits.... that money runs out quicker than it should. And what than? All cars estimate to 350 Million $. You would also have to grind in GT5 for that and GT5 gives more money.

So MY opinion is: The payout is to low and they don´t do repeatable seasonals because they want to sell you the microcash... The kind of races you have in GT5 which you can do over and over again, with differnet cars and settings and still got some nice cash... its gone in GT6 due to stupid AI...

Me quoting you is not nitpicking by the way. I respond to things you say. Its called conversation. I thought I had a decent one with you discussing different opinions. No need to be in rage. :)

Back