[Poll] Do you use a Driving Wheel?

• Thread starter Shadow789
  • 44 comments

Do you use a Driving Wheel while playing GT4?

• Yes I use a Driving Wheel!

Votes: 49 51.6%
  • No I use a controller or gamepad!

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • Other!

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
When you mean Driving wheel you mean DFP?

And when you mean controller you mean DS2?

I drift DS2, i don't want to spend the money on a DFP (as much as i would love one)

-Pete

I'll let this one go since it has a poll on it. However, the same discussion was held,HERE

I use an old Driving Force wheel (Not the Driving Force Pro, or DFP). It's been very reliable and is a GT3 veteran. The DS2 just feels too arcadey to me, as a control device. But that's just personal taste. A wheel helps me to pretend that I'm a driving God, the DS2 reminds me that it's just a game and I'm really still sitting in my bedroom. :(

DRIFTN
When you mean Driving wheel you mean DFP?

And when you mean controller you mean DS2?

I drift DS2, i don't want to spend the money on a DFP (as much as i would love one)

-Pete

Same here... I've always used the Dual Shock 2... I use both analogue sticks...

I would love to get a DFP, but I just can't afford it right now... 900 degree mode only, of course... I drift my S13 IRL, so I think this would be the most rewarding method for me...

;)

I use the DS2 -- left analog stick for steering and the buttons for throttle/brake control. It's pressure sensitive so it amounts to the same thing as the right analog stick -- just a lot easier to throw in e-brake etc when needed.

To me the right analog is hard to control...lol anyways I like to use my DS2 And I have a logitech wheel also, but it just doesn't do it right. Maybe with a 900 degree wheel, but just no money for that.

I use the wheel because I love the realistic feel it has. But I'm just as good with the DS2 and I use it at night to keep from waking up the monster (I mean, my mom) with that obnoxious, ERRRRRRRRRRR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR, form the wheel while I slide the turns. However, I did shut it up quite a bit by putting a very small amount of power steering fluid on the gears and tightening down all the nuts and bolts in there.

I used power steering fluid because it is so viscous. And DUH, steering wheel, power steering fluid, see the connection? :lol: You could use heavy grease but ps fluid makes it turn smoother because it is still liquid. Any heavy wieght oil will work, just don't use too much or it will get on the electronics and I don't want to know what that will do to it.

Wow! The oil trick sounds good. I've noticed how annoying the noise is, and my mother told me that if I get one, she'll destroy it if I ever play at night =Þ

yea i am kinda gettting bored with a ds2 now i really want a dfp so i can actully feel like i am drifting like dude said before the ds2 makeds me feel like i am just playing a game, i want it to seem like i am really drifting.

FC3Sleepah
To me the right analog is hard to control...

It takes a lot of conditioning... However, it allows a much higher degree of control than the analogue buttons ever could...

;)

i use a Joytech WilliamsF1 FF Racing Wheel, pics of my setup are floating round in thw RS, JGTC forums..

If i had the money i would buy i DFP, but $150 for a driving wheel. I can get a real car cheaper than this...
And what other controlers can you use to this gmae... You use a gamepad or a whell.

Well, I know for a fact that Fry's dropped their price to around $130 or $120. Not much, but it could make a difference *Shruggs*

The DS2s are good but I'm getting bored of it, I feel that its to easy. I wanna start using the 900 degree DFP... :sly:👍 I got one for super cheap, $50.

i usually use my DFP, but lately i have been using my DS2 and got into drifting...i was starting to get the hang of it. today i hooked up my DFP and tried drifting with it and it is completely different...a lot more work will be needed to get the hang of drifting with the wheel

DFP all the way!!

its weird...i started out drifting with the ds2 then i got the DFP and had to learn how to drive all over again...now that i can drift with it...i can barely even race with the ds2 XD

FC3S-D
wow $50 pff off of ebay.. lol j/k :lol:
I'm gonna have to return it... lol Its broken... The friggin' guy lied to me.. WTF??? :dunce: he said it worked fine, I'm just gonna say, it doesn't!!! :guilty:

I gotta play the $150

man i wish i had a dfp i have to play wit my old ps1 weel no force feedbak or pedal shifter and th gas and brake r hardly pressure sensitive :indiff: :indiff: :guilty: sux for me

Back