[POLL] GT6 Drifting: Do you like it, or not?

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 235 comments

GT6 Drifting do you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm spinning out left and right..... I was pretty much king of tandem in gt5(insert douchebag image here) but drifting in gt6 is proving to be a bit harder. I'll give it a couple weeks. I should be decent by then.... or at least I hope so.

I'm spinning out left and right..... I was pretty much king of tandem in gt5(insert douchebag image here) but drifting in gt6 is proving to be a bit harder. I'll give it a couple weeks. I should be decent by then.... or at least I hope so.

I feel the same way, it really sucks to feel like a noob.

People who hate the drifting in gt6 are the same who hard on anyone that didn't shared their view on gt5. I couldn't care less tbh. Gt6 drifting will be as strong as 5, and it's nice to feel like a noob again. What's the point otherwise? Just stay on gt5 if you like its ****** physics that much.

New tire and suspension model makes a big difference. This will bring new tuning techniques. I've already realized GT5 tunes wont work like you expect them to. A locked diff feels quite a lot more smooth on GT6 than on 5. When it comes down to it we're all noobs with GT6 as far as physics go.

Give it some time.

Biggest thing I have figured out os you have to limit the cross directional weight transfer. Once you can eliminat the majority of the weight shift in a cross linear direction the car will feel more stable along with you will feel more response form the front end.

so far im liking the fact that the car has to be setup correctly and having a stiff suspension unlike in gt5 where people were running these ridiculous wrongly cambered and toe'd in cars. my setup that i used for my sileighty and s14 in gt5 works perfectly for my s14 in gt6

so far im liking the fact that the car has to be setup correctly and having a stiff suspension unlike in gt5 where people were running these ridiculous wrongly cambered and toe'd in cars. my setup that i used for my sileighty and s14 in gt5 works perfectly for my s14 in gt6

This right here. I was running the most unrealistic setups on gt5.

No camber, no toe and soft springs and could drift and tandem like crazy.

I love the new physics. Now I feel it's more realistic in my opinion.

Biggest thing I have figured out os you have to limit the cross directional weight transfer. Once you can eliminat the majority of the weight shift in a cross linear direction the car will feel more stable along with you will feel more response form the front end.
What does that mean, i Am not that good in English. You using difficould words

If the tyre distortion wasn't so bad, I would like it. I think we need a Official GT drift tire rediscussion.

I do like and not just this game but all the games didn't have this, they should of allowed welded diff then drifting would be a bit more easier.

I can relate alot from irl to gt6. Like the snap back is spot on sometimes. I personally think drifting in gt6 is better than gt5.

I don't like it, don't get me wrong it has a place in the game and I watch people's vids of them drifting, It amazes me what those peeps can do...most respect BUT I don't see why a Gold trophy is at stake in the game for drifting, if your like me, chances of going platinum are a no go if there's more drifting golds to be done.

I like it. Some cars is quite easy to drift with when it oversteers out of control, and some cars (Initial D Sprinter Trueno for example) is great drift cars when tuned just right.

physics are fine, but I would have better control if I could hear the engine. unfortunately you can only hear the tires in GT6

Ive really been giving gt6 a chance, but i dont like it at all. My g25 feels jerky and twitchy as hell. Ive tried a lot of different settings/setups. The feeling of my g25 was perfect in gt5, smooth and non-jerky. In my opinion CH in gt6 feels like CM or CS in gt5.
Unfortunately that means ill need to find another game or go back to gt5, since theres just been an update and they didnt even fix the damn tire noise. I mean seriously PD, i want to hear the engine not the f ing tires.

I was really looking forward to drifting in gt6, but i am very disappointed.
Gran turismo used to be a great drifting simulator, but that has certainly changed.

Ive really been giving gt6 a chance, but i dont like it at all. My g25 feels jerky and twitchy as hell. Ive tried a lot of different settings/setups. The feeling of my g25 was perfect in gt5, smooth and non-jerky. In my opinion CH in gt6 feels like CM or CS in gt5.
Unfortunately that means ill need to find another game or go back to gt5, since theres just been an update and they didnt even fix the damn tire noise. I mean seriously PD, i want to hear the engine not the f ing tires.

I was really looking forward to drifting in gt6, but i am very disappointed.
Gran tuismo used to be a great drifting simulator, but that has certainly changed.

TRUE post that message on front page plz its nomre simulater buth arcade its the next nfs lol dont delete my message thx

lol no thats not the problem i need to put my suround on max for hear a little bit my engine all you hear is bad tyres and you cant free drift its arcade you just follow the line from pd its so much bad when you take stock car you cant take manualgearbox with clutch so its for noobs with tiptronic it feels weird we got nothing for drift in the game GT6 i dont say sim it isnt lol they maybe just better upgrade GT5 with the tracks and visual lol i can give you more badpoints buth its enough i think i w8 for big update or i delete gt6 and go back to gt5 abd hope for chassis and engine swaps thats perfect so yoo

lol no thats not the problem i need to put my suround on max for hear a little bit my engine all you hear is bad tyres and you cant free drift its arcade you just follow the line from pd its so much bad when you take stock car you cant take manualgearbox with clutch so its for noobs with tiptronic it feels weird we got nothing for drift in the game GT6 i dont say sim it isnt lol they maybe just better upgrade GT5 with the tracks and visual lol i can give you more badpoints buth its enough i think i w8 for big update or i delete gt6 and go back to gt5 abd hope for chassis and engine swaps thats perfect so yoo
Yeah I hope the tire sound gets patched soon at least.

By the way, I in no way mean to insult your English, because I can not speak any of the main Belgian languages at all, but you have no separation (punctuation) between sentences and it's kind of confusing.

Funny enough real drifting is twitchy. You do get snap back just like what happens in gt6. Gt5 wasn't close enough to the real thing. Stop making excues and just get on with it. Don't like it then go back to what you know.

Back