Nicko McBrain

Past members
Blaze Bayley
Clive Burr
Paul Day
Paul Di'Anno
Dennis Stratton
Doug Sampson

Not quite my cup of tea, but a great band that's definitely left their mark so they get my vote.

Listen to their first album and listen to their latest album. The band has evolved a lot in their sound over the years, but they have always kept the quality. Even the period which many see as their decline (the 90s and especially Blaze) is not that bad.

Greatest live band ever too....seeing a live Maiden concert is an experience far beyond any other band.

Some better example songs:

Last edited:
I got interested in IM with the BNW album which is unbelievable, no fillers and all strong songs with the ending of TTLBLAH being a genuine rock moment.

Hall of fame definitely. Some truly class vocals from Dickinson, the galloping base the double/triple guitar symphonies, the solos, the themes, lyrics ...and they love soccer which I love too!

UP THE IRONS!

Even though they are big in the records, but I don't find them so great at all. Too crazy and I give the Maid a take up a new profession note.

I can't believe you linked to a Guitar Hero video.
Definitely HOF to me. In fact, Iron maiden is the definition of HOF. It is one of the most influential band in the history of Metal and one of the most long standing and still successfully. In spite of that, they're music is amazing, both musically and lyrically. Live, they are the beast. In fact, they sound even better live than on studio, something quite rare in most bands.

Seeing some live videos really give me some chills in my spine, of how good they are.

[YOUTUBEHD]ysBKm2bIS3k&hd=1[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]nJL-ELn3Jwc[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]3qLcFndXpd0[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
Best metal band... ever. I idolize these guys.
So many iconic songs on their albums through the 80's and early 90's, and their 4 latest albums since the return of Bruce and Adrian are pretty good too ;)
Skip the Blaze Bayley era though...
Songs like Wickerman or the Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg don't hold up in the face of something like Rhyme, or Hallowed Be Thy Name, Aces High, etc... but it is so much better than the 'Theory-of-a Nickle-Fault' crap that has infected mainstream rock for the last decade.

I saw their Somewhere Back in Time tour in 2008 and their Final Frontier tour this past summer. Both excellent. Somewhere Back in Time was an absolutely amazing experience - it was so good to hear all those old songs live, and a great fan service.

If you haven't seen the documentary Flight 666 yet, I highly recommend it. 👍

Up the irons.

It's weird, alot of bands I like say their music is influenced by them, but I don't like Iron Maiden normally.

Definetely Hall of famers, in fact, any metalhead around or more than twenty years old grew up listening these guys. :bowdown:

Skip the Blaze Bayley era though...

👎

I raise Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Futureal, Man on the Edge, Edge of Darkness, Virus, Como Estias Amigos and Fotunes of War.

No Prayer and Fear of the Dark albums are way below the Blaze era. I find it in bad taste to tell people to avoid what are actually good albums. The X Factor in my opinion is one of my top 5 Maiden albums, though I can understand those who don't like it, I wouldn't tell people to avoid any Maiden album, though I would suggest approaching them a little differently.

Last edited:
Agreed, except for Como Estais Amigos, it is just terrible....

👎

I raise Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Futureal, Man on the Edge, Edge of Darkness, Virus, Como Estias Amigos and Fotunes of War.

No Prayer and Fear of the Dark albums are way below the Blaze era. I find it in bad taste to tell people to avoid what are actually good albums. The X Factor in my opinion is one of my top 5 Maiden albums, though I can understand those who don't like it, I wouldn't tell people to avoid any Maiden album, though I would suggest approaching them a little differently.

I'll give you No Prayer for the Dying, but Fear of the Dark is an awesome album. Fear of the Dark, Be Quick of Be Dead, Childhood's End, Afraid to Shoot Strangers... maybe I should give X and XI another listen, but from recollection these songs are at least the equal of anything on them, and Fear of the Dark by far surpasses anything on X of XI for me.

I realize that no matter who comes or goes, so long as Steve is in the group it will probably continue to be called Iron Maiden, but the two albums with Blaze Bayley are not Iron Maiden to me. Yes the guitars are there, but the vocal range and energy/punchiness isn't - and for me, that's a huge part of their music. Decent albums, but they don't fully epitomize what I think Maiden is.

I had the pleasure of seeing this band 3 times.Each of the 3 times,they were simply amazing.They put on one hell of a show.

Love this group - Hall of Famers

BTW - I've watched the Rock in Rio DVD countless times and still enjoy every second of it.

Maiden is my favorite band of all time....saw them live this summer in Pittsburgh w/ Dream Theater openeing. Best concert I ever saw....flawless perfromance from both bands. Up the Irons!

HOF material with out a doubt!

Dude!!!!!!, It's Iron effing Maiden. HOF No contest theysound awesome and they have a lead singer thats also a pilot. 3 three axeslingers = amazing

Iron Maiden is THE Metalband since the past 2 Decades.
Metallica, Slayer and so on cannot reach them at all.

First Metalband I've ever listen to, and I'm still a huge Fan.

UP THE IRONS!!!! Any one who's seen them, I'm jealous, they can't come to Wellington (I live close to there) because the airport is too small and they don't have enough room to land their plane. Anyone else not seen a concert, and are annoyed because there will be quite a lot of people who have seen them and only know 3 songs that everyone knows

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Anyway, Iron Maiden = Hall of Fame, Brave New World is the Best Album, best song, that's undecidable, but Dance of Death, Dream of Mirrors, the epics, always the best, my favourite band since 2004, and how long have I been listening to music, since 2004.

Without a doubt Hall of Fame, and guess who has tickets to see them live in August :D

Too late for me to vote, but easy selection for the HOF!

The only question is which of their songs to put on your racing playlist?

Back