POLL: The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 14 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 57 comments

THEME: Castrol Challenge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you could simply edit the OP to add a poll you could be done in half an hour or so.
The problem then is that syntex can‘t edit other people‘s post to put in an entry-number and making people put one in would end in yet another mess as >50% of people here don‘t even bother looking through the thread.
It‘d also end up in a cluttered poll as if entry 2 gets DSQ‘d you‘d have poll options for 1 and 3 and sombody then might be confused again :lol:

I really don't know what to vote for this time...this is really gonna be hard, I need more time to think. Regardless, great work everyone! Massive quality :cheers:

Wow, this was a really difficult one to decide which one was the best....

But first I want to start with thanking at least a few people in using my stickers in this competition: @MMX, @LI1599, @teensonacid @WJHMH! I'm Honoured that you use a sticker which I created in this competition!! Really Cool

But now I have to make a top three and that is really difficult!
1. #15 @Timebandit67: Just like the way you made the car complete in my opinion. especially with the green colour with you used as a base!

2. #19 @Slender_Man Gazoo racing. Just a clean and beautiful design

3. #18 @ZappaD Nice how the black is covering the rear, but with the hint of white it makes it definitely attractive!!

To all others what a great designs. But most important everybody is doing this for his/her pleasure.

I know that is annoying that you don't make the poll even though you put a lot of effort into. My car wasn't submitted in the last poll and I was really sad about it (I'm sure my Lancia would have got first place ;)). But rules are rules and without them, we cannot have a clean competition.

Last edited:
Wow this was a really difficult one to decided which one was the best....

But first I want to start with thanking at lease a few people in using my stickers in this competition
@MMX,

Without wanting to belittle your work (and the generosity of sharing these stickers), I think it is not always yours. There are some others out there. I’ve even made and share the « pills » too a while ago, and knowing @MMX , my bet is that he has made his own for this competition.

One thing that may make creating a pollthread easier would be to have the submissions thread be for submissions only. Have a discussion thread ongoing for discussion. That would give you far less clutter to go through. And if you could simply edit the OP to add a poll you could be done in half an hour or so.

You edited your post after I read it, didn't catch it until now.

I seriously doubt people would "stay silent", look at the car/track threads. Those aren't discussion/wish list threads yet people always use them for exactly that. It would make it a teeny weeny bit easier, sure, but I don't see how that's going to make it better.

The problem then is that syntex can‘t edit other people‘s post to put in an entry-number and making people put one in would end in yet another mess as >50% of people here don‘t even bother looking through the thread.
It‘d also end up in a cluttered poll as if entry 2 gets DSQ‘d you‘d have poll options for 1 and 3 and sombody then might be confused again :lol:

Yep. That too. :lol:

I eventually went for 9, 15 and 18. It was the toughest call ever...there was hardly an entry I could skip easily, almost each one had me caught on some detail, some idea, some car choice... eventually narrowed it down to those three. But, great job to everyone who entered!

I was thinking of voting for #15, then I remembered it was a replica (on the wrong car no less, Gr.4 instead of Gr.3) so I decided to vote for an original only.

Then I went to the Cayman and that one turned out to be a replica too...

Sooooooooooo… Finally I settled on the Sirocco as my vote. That one looks so good, not much I can say other than it stands out and it's an original work, I love it. 👍

Wow, this was a really difficult one to decide which one was the best....

But first I want to start with thanking at least a few people in using my stickers in this competition: @MMX, @LI1599, @teensonacid @WJHMH! I'm Honoured that you use a sticker which I created in this competition!! Really Cool

But now I have to make a top three and that is really difficult!
1. #15 @Timebandit67: Just like the way you made the car complete in my opinion. especially with the green colour with you used as a base!

2. #19 @Slender_Man Gazoo racing. Just a clean and beautiful design

3. #18 @ZappaD Nice how the black is covering the rear, but with the hint of white it makes it definitely attractive!!

To all others what a great designs. But most important everybody is doing this for his/her pleasure.

I know that is annoying that you don't make the poll even though you put a lot of effort into. My car wasn't submitted in the last poll and I was really sad about it (I'm sure my Lancia would have got first place ;)). But rules are rules and without them, we cannot have a clean competition.

what was the sticker of yours i used?

I was thinking of voting for #15, then I remembered it was a replica (on the wrong car no less, Gr.4 instead of Gr.3) so I decided to vote for an original only.

Sooooooooooo… Finally I settled on the Sirocco as my vote. That one looks so good, not much I can say other than it stands out and it's an original work, I love it. 👍
You could vote for three entries, so you could've voted for all those :P

my choice.

#8 Complex stripe design and nice start number
# 21 Simply a nice design, but Advan and Rays !? I would not have done that!
# 23 Difficulty. The covering stickers on special color (green)

It is not a complete replica used the car as inspiration and then build the car around it. If you look close you can see I used a golden base colour. But thanx that you liked. Not trying to change your vote.

9 votes so far....great result, it's getting better every time. Congrats to all others, awesome liveries!

My top pick was #31 the VW, the little details really got me.

I had a hard time picking between the two other Caymans But I had to pick #26 for how cleanly it was put together. Though the curves look very difficult to make on #28!

My last pick was between #8 Hyundai and the #21 GT86. Both simple and lovely designs that are most like what you'd see in real life. I had to defer to The Hyundai just because it was slightly more technical. Both are great looking designs!

I’m in Sweden so I’m not able to do much when the deadline comes, so if nothing seems to happen in a few hours - bear with me. I just got around to vote - almost didn’t load the pictures (bad reception right here). I’ll do my duties when I get home tomorrow.

Great work everybody!
And each entry has got at least one vote – except a single one until now.
(Too sorry, Ivan)

Great work everybody!
And each entry has got at least one vote – except a single one until now.
(Too sorry, Ivan)
It's a new record that I'll proudly show haha :P but it's fine, I really had no inspiration for this theme (which was good, it was just me without ideas), and by looking at the competition, that's how things should be. Hopefully, I'll get at least one vote in the next one ;)

A double winner with 16 votes each and number 3 with 15 votes it was a close call. Happy to be the runner-up for my 'first' competition!! Great work all!!

Sorry for being so late to check in, but like I said I was busy and haven't really had a moment to sit down until now. I will get the tie-breaker running later this evening.

Well, I still try to do my best giving you guys a seamless experience with these comps, so being late is something I hate. I'll get the thread up in two hours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back