• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

REMINDER OF THE THEME

This week, engines will not be the only sounds involved. Last winner @MMX set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

Music is a big part of a lot of people's lives, and has always been a big part of GT games. I'd like for us to celebrate that. Show us your musical flair anyway you want, as long as it's on a VGT car.

CARS :

- Vision Gran Tursimo cars only.

LIVERIES :
- All about the music.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- See above.

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- No Restrictions.

USER MADE DECALS :
- Allowed.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on April 23, 2019 (23:35, CEST/GMT+2)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a full week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 2 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

For once, I've left the titles of the liveries/inspiration to help to find the references.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Subaru VIZIV VGT - "Exai" by Autechre
View media item 49500View media item 49501 _____________________________________

Poll Option #02
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Poll Option #03
The Grand Piano – Alpine Edition

Poll Option #04
One Two Three Four

Poll Option #05
Marshall Amplifiers Hyundai VGT

Poll Option #06
Daft Punk - Interstella 5555

Poll Option #07
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here BMW VGT

Poll Option #08
Pioneer

Poll Option #09
Daft Punk - Alive 2007 Encore
om7Helc.jpg

DZ43T4w.jpg

7jeFoPX.jpg

Poll Option #10
Spotify Playlist

Poll Option #11
Rekordbox

Poll Option #12
Mikumo Guynemer (aka Mysterious Venus) - Macross Delta

Poll Option #13
Rockstar Games Music
View media item 49652View media item 49651_____________________________________

Poll Option #14
My Chemical Romance - Planetary Go!

Poll Option #15
Gigi d'Agostino - The Riddle

Poll Option #16
Muse - Absolution & Resistance

Last edited:
There's a lot of solid work here. I like several, and all for different reasons. From the super clean Marshall amp, to the decal heavy band tributes, you can't go wrong with any of them. I'm going to hold off voting for a little bit, and think about this thing.

Excellent work everybody, I'm glad to see the theme I picked wasn't a flop.

There is quite a reflexion here.

Interesting enough, all of this theme's entries became Art Cars. I think that the "VGT only" rule helps for this trend, but no one has created a futuristic but "real" race car with secondary sponsors (the closest to this may be @KK78, but the car still looks too "pure" for a race prototype).

Juste like the In-House theme, we saw less entries but the work involved is incredible. We miss some of our names like @Sjaak, @Teal, or @teensonacid but in a way I'm glad to have less people which I can't vote for.

We all know that we made progess since the first rounds, but looking at some entries here is really significant. @MatskiMonk’s Pink Floyd cover, @Higny’s Interstella band, @TaSiMa’s Mysterious Venus, @PrinsvOranje’s inverted Riddle lines... That's professionnal level, when most of us were ignorant of vector drawing just a few months ago.

My first choice was @Raphaele’s piano. It was jaw dropping even in the early days, and still is a masterpiece now that all have been posted. Not only the piano is great, but there are lots of details to create a "livery" and not only drawing a keyboard on a car. The red pattern on the front grille, the gold lines around the wheel arches, all of this make the car a remembered design. If I've had an unique vote, this would have been the one.

For my second choice I went for @YukinoSuzuka. The car may look simplier than other designs, but unlike most of us (me included), he didn't copy something existing but creates a design from scratch which could clearly have been an album cover.

Thanks @MMX for this theme, now I have another decal heavy livery on the way for the « Games » theme.

There is quite a reflexion here.

Interesting enough, all of this theme's entries became Art Cars. I think that the "VGT only" rule helps for this trend, but no one has created a futuristic but "real" race car with secondary sponsors (the closest to this may be @KK78, but the car still looks too "pure" for a race prototype).

Juste like the In-House theme, we saw less entries but the work involved is incredible. We miss some of our names like @Sjaak, @Teal, or @teensonacid but in a way I'm glad to have less people which I can't vote for.

We all know that we made progess since the first rounds, but looking at some entries here is really significant. @MatskiMonk’s Pink Floyd cover, @Higny’s Interstella band, @TaSiMa’s Mysterious Venus, @PrinsvOranje’s inverted Riddle lines... That's professionnal level, when most of us were ignorant of vector drawing just a few months ago.

My first choice was @Raphaele’s piano. It was jaw dropping even in the early days, and still is a masterpiece now that all have been posted. Not only the piano is great, but there are lots of details to create a "livery" and not only drawing a keyboard on a car. The red pattern on the front grille, the gold lines around the wheel arches, all of this make the car a remembered design. If I've had an unique vote, this would have been the one.

For my second choice I went for @YukinoSuzuka. The car may look simplier than other designs, but unlike most of us (me included), he :boggled: didn't copy something existing but creates a design from scratch which could clearly have been an album cover.

Thanks @MMX for this theme, now I have another decal heavy livery on the way for the « Games » theme.

She ;) :D

16 great pieces of work this time. If I would have more votes I might have chosen:

@Rizla
Kudos for that punk stickerbomb BMW which is very entertaining while watching all those carefully chosen decals bringing back the old days. Especially the roof design is one-of-a-kind.

@KK78
The Marshall Amplifiers Hyundai VGT is a very beautiful object with a professional looking design. Very clean and fancy.

@MatskiMonk
Applying this legendary Pink Floyd album cover to a (what else?) BMW body must have been quite a challenge. Honest respect for the outstanding idea and all the decal work.

@Baliwa
The Pioneer Lexus looks like a real world racer. A clean and economical design promoting one main sponsor who is famous for best sounding devices. I love the reduced but distinctive use of colours.

Though @Sian did not match the competition rules with his Rockstar AMG I’m happy he didn’t get disqualified. For this beautiful gold-black diamond he receives one of my votes. I like to look at it all the time and would love to view this vehicle moving at the track.

Again @Cytoria delivered one of his masterpieces with this Muse AMG VGT. Look at these artistically arranged decals! That’s what I call outstanding. What a mighty job. A worthy sculpture for the Museum of Modern Art! So my second vote goes to our master. Though I rarely vote for him because I think normally for winning Cytoria does not need my vote.
:bowdown::gtpflag:

Again @Cytoria delivered one of his masterpieces with this Muse AMG VGT. Look at these artistically arranged decals! That’s what I call outstanding. What a mighty job. A worthy sculpture for the Museum of Modern Art! So my second vote goes to our master. Though I rarely vote for him because I think normally for winning Cytoria does not need my vote.

Thanks. I’ll send you the money suitcase later today. :D

Interesting enough, all of this theme's entries became Art Cars. I think that the "VGT only" rule helps for this trend, but no one has created a futuristic but "real" race car with secondary sponsors

You know I like the stuff that's more than just sponsor logos so I enjoyed this.

______

I decided to split my vote, 1 for a non band related car, and 1 for a band related car.

The non-band related car had to got to the Yamaha Grand Alpine. It's really well executed and captures what I remember about the kind of branding Yamaha used to use when I sold their kit.

The band related one had to be the Muse car. I could have gone for a few of the others, but as soon as I saw this one I though, yep, that'll be the winner.

Honourable mention for...

...all the other entries :) Something positive to say about all the others. The Punk BMW VGT nearly got my vote, as did the Viziv, as did the R* Mercedes (I have lots of their game soundtracks on CD), the Nissan VGT (even though I've no idea what it's about), and the Marshall Hyundai...

Made my choices, and feel bad for the ones I didn't vote for, as they are all very nice. Something about that Marshall amp just does it for me. I've always had an appreciation for fine lines when executed cleanly, and they are here. Another thing I'm a fan of is masking, and the Spotify Lexus really gets my attention, with that, and some nice striping. Like @Raphaele mentioned you can see where the votes are going to go, and deservedly so, but those two spoke to me, so I had to go that way.

Thank you all for making this a very eye catching competition. 👍

Saw some great entries.

@KK78 's Hyundai was fantastic. Less is more and it got my first vote.

The Daft Punk Peugeot and Toyota were tempting my second vote until I got to the bottom...

"Best,
You've got to be the best
You've got to change the world
And you use this chance to be heard
Your time is now"

@Cytoria

16 great pieces of work this time. If I would have more votes I might have chosen:

@Rizla
Kudos for that punk stickerbomb BMW which is very entertaining while watching all those carefully chosen decals bringing back the old days. Especially the roof design is one-of-a-kind.

@KK78
The Marshall Amplifiers Hyundai VGT is a very beautiful object with a professional looking design. Very clean and fancy.

@MatskiMonk
Applying this legendary Pink Floyd album cover to a (what else?) BMW body must have been quite a challenge. Honest respect for the outstanding idea and all the decal work.

@Baliwa
The Pioneer Lexus looks like a real world racer. A clean and economical design promoting one main sponsor who is famous for best sounding devices. I love the reduced but distinctive use of colours.

Though @Sian did not match the competition rules with his Rockstar AMG I’m happy he didn’t get disqualified. For this beautiful gold-black diamond he receives one of my votes. I like to look at it all the time and would love to view this vehicle moving at the track.

Firstly thanks to the judges for keeping me in, I guess the small number of entries might have been good for me! :D

And that's also why you can't make me more happy tonight, thank you for your vote, and for your comment!

And being with @Cytoria (who I voted for) is a great pleasure too!

His livery is fantastic and as one thing isn't hard enough, he went with two! :lol:
Respect!

Then I voted for @KK78 #5 Marshall Hyundai VGT. Not the more complex, but the result is outstanding!

Edit : @MMX and @Snaeper just explained it perfectly

Last edited:
Fantastic entries as always, I just read the article about the bonus competition and have decided I shall now
participate for future contests.

Pink Floyd is very good along with the Macross Delta livery so those got my votes.

That was very close, both for the first place and the third!

Congratulations to @Raphaele for the fierce battle and @KK78 for another podium, I'm sorry not to see an 8th winner for the 8th round. It's also good to see @MatskiMonk back to the business, with this one and the Team Studie BMW the level is higher than ever!

PS : the winners post is edited, but we are still missing the Pink Floyd BMW yet to be shared.

It's also good to see @MatskiMonk back to the business, with this one and the Team Studie BMW the level is higher than ever!

PS : the winners post is edited, but we are still missing the Pink Floyd BMW yet to be shared.

Ah, didn't realise I was in the Top 3, I'll share it when I get home tonight 👍.

Really chuffed to get another podium and thank you to everyone who voted for my Hyundai, well done to everyone on the podium!! Also thank you for the theme this time, made me think a lot!

Back