• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, you’ll have to travel at high speeds with supercars. Last winner @Cytoria set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

Bugatti announced that the Chiron Super Sport reached 300mph. We’ll be more reasonable than that.

After the pinnacle of motorsports in the F1 2025 theme, we’re going to use the finest road cars in the history. It can be an italian stallion, a german beast or an elegant british cat, what matters is its top speed : above 300km/h, in order to get the « Speed Demon » trophy which exists since GT5.

You are free to design whatever you want, from a tailor made spec to a crazy wrap, or a pure racing livery.

Be bold and keep your eyes on the road!

CARS :
- N-class cars only.
- Capable of reaching 300km/h (stock).
- No year restrictions.
- All but the Vulcan (not a road going car for me).

LIVERIES
:
- Original designs only, no replicas.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS
:
- The livery can be a road car with license plates or show plates.
- The livery can use shapes without sponsors (wraps).
- The livery can be a race car.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Two bonus pictures.
- One static picture.
- One picture at speed (scapes or race photos).

USER MADE DECALS :
- Allowed.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on October 8, 2019 (23:30, CEST/GMT+2)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02
View media item 53822View media item 53823 _____________________________________

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04
af0.jpg

af1.jpg

af2.jpg

af3.jpg

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09
SLD01.jpg

SLD02.jpg

Poll Option #10
TEAL01.jpg

Poll Option #11
View media item 53930View media item 53931

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14
View media item 53982View media item 53981 _____________________________________

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Last edited:
I find #7 embodies the theme of the competition the most out of all of them. The Flash was a very nice choice, so that would be my personal favourite. I also voted 12 and 20 for just being good liveries.

I'll admit, I'm a little confused by this theme. A lot of these cars don't look like they're in the same competition. I think a better idea would have been to focus on cars that could go 400 under tuning as eligible entries. Not trying to degrade the quality of the art here, that's just my reason why I didn't enter this one. I found it to be too open.

#12 #15 & #22 for me.
Simple but perfectly executed, I love them!

#5 #6 #8 #9 #13 #... pfff so hard to tell, you could have it, impressive work, but I had to make a choice.

Thanks to those who voted for me, I really appreciate it coming from you.

3, 6 and 17 for me, all good solid liveries but then I am a fan of the more racing style liveries. Looking at the votes it's clear that peoples own interpretation of the theme is quite varied which is a good thing.

4, 8,14 and 20 were my notable mentions, strong efforts

3, 6 and 17 for me, all good solid liveries but then I am a fan of the more racing style liveries. Looking at the votes it's clear that peoples own interpretation of the theme is quite varied which is a good thing.

4, 8,14 and 20 were my notable mentions, strong efforts
I think I am the only street livery you've mentioned or voted for so I take it as a real compliment! :D

I thought it could be interesting, at least, to reveal the poll results only when it's ended? 💡
You can‘t see them anyway if you haven‘t voted and there is no setting for the option to have the results invisible until the end of the poll

You can‘t see them anyway if you haven‘t voted and there is no setting for the option to have the results invisible until the end of the poll
Maybe he was also talking about the choices we made.

Sometimes I'm asking myself if I want to say it before the end because it might influence a little bit sometime (oh he's right about this one / I didn't notice that detail...) but I don't really have much time so I often come for voting and leave a comment at the same time to say what I've liked most. :)

Congratulations @D-Max for your fourth victory!

@Akwaaba welcome back to the podium, you were there on the very first LEC with your Motul Civic. And @MMX is still here with his Camaro series.

The winners post is already updated.

My personal thoughts :

There were some great entries this fortnight, thanks for your participation. I was expecting a more "racing-oriented" set, so it's cool to see the variety of the liveries this week.

#3 Playstation Veneno (@McDotter) : Once again, the decals are top work. I think it would have been even better without the PS4 decal on the hood, only the four shapes.

#5 Gumball Aventador (@D-Max) : Chameleon paints looks good on a plain car, but it's hard to add decals that work fine with, but you did well! My first vote.

#12 Mugen S2000 (@KK78) : I'm glad you selected this one over the Takata. With these colours, the car is a mix between extreme tuning yet not clinky livery. My second vote.

#13 Corvette Racing C7 (@Akwaaba) : The details on all the lines are spot on, I can only imagine the time for spacing, scaling and adjusting these. My third vote.

#16 Harlequin Huracan (@Nuschel01) : Great idea. I'm sure with today's trend of special editions for every super/hypercar, these would sold better than the original Polo.

#21 Saturn V Mustang (@Lost Sheltie) : I've liked the tribute livery on the Huracan, but it feels even more at home on an american icon. One of my favourite here, maybe just too close of a replica to outpass the others.

#22 Black Camaro (@MMX) : Simple yet very sleek design, and a nice addition to your amazing Camaro series.

Also considering the subject of the votes pointed by @danbojte, I have mixed feelings about this. I totally understand that adding too much details before the end of the poll could influence the trend, but I think people choices are already made. Also, no one ever spoiled the results when it wasn't obvious, and we usually keep the suspens when the positions are tight.

As @Sian said, sometimes you notice small details on a livery that amaze you but no one sees, but to me that's the point of the accompanying post in the main thread (not read by the people who only see the poll, I admit). It's sometimes frustrating, when you see your favorite car not high in the charts, or when you see entries without any votes, but that's the (fair) game. Nevertheless, I also tend to post my thoughts at the end of the competition.

That said, I'd rather see people "spoiling" their votes but giving feedback to the livery creators, than the situation of the Photomode Competition. I admit that the work involved is not the same, but in the submission thread, we have 88 messages for 23 entries, while in the PMC we sometimes have 25 messages for 20 entries, and no one comment the votes, except for the usual congratulations message... I think it's better if people have a feedback of what is good and what is not in their liveries.

Congrats to the winner! @D-Max and the podium finishers @Akwaaba & @MMX

It's sometimes frustrating, when you see your favorite car not high in the charts

It would be nice for more people to comment on their votes, but it can be difficult to express yourself (as I usually show with my shockingly unhelpful comments that accompany my votes :lol:

And cheers to
@Sjaak @Draggon @teensonacid @SeeGeeAitch

Congrats to the winner! @D-Max and the podium finishers @Akwaaba & @MMX

It would be nice for more people to comment on their votes, but it can be difficult to express yourself (as I usually show with my shockingly unhelpful comments that accompany my votes :lol:

And cheers to
@Sjaak @Draggon @teensonacid @SeeGeeAitch
I find it easier to say why I didn’t vote for some!:lol:

Also considering the subject of the votes pointed by @danbojte, I have mixed feelings about this. I totally understand that adding too much details before the end of the poll could influence the trend, but I think people choices are already made. Also, no one ever spoiled the results when it wasn't obvious, and we usually keep the suspens when the positions are tight.
I normally make my choice before the poll is up. What I do do during the poll, however, is look through the entries for any small details I may have missed.

As @Sian said, sometimes you notice small details on a livery that amaze you but no one sees, but to me that's the point of the accompanying post in the main thread (not read by the people who only see the poll, I admit). It's sometimes frustrating, when you see your favorite car not high in the charts, or when you see entries without any votes, but that's the (fair) game. Nevertheless, I also tend to post my thoughts at the end of the competition.
It does get to me that some cars that have some incredible details, don’t get votes due to being a certain car. The livery is what we are here for not the car. I always try to mention minor details incase they don’t get seen. I done this for my Honda Civic time attack car because I put a lot of effort into carbon fibre and you couldn’t even tell! I’ve seen this happen a lot. I think I’m just too picky though!

That said, I'd rather see people "spoiling" their votes but giving feedback to the livery creators, than the situation of the Photomode Competition. I admit that the work involved is not the same, but in the submission thread, we have 88 messages for 23 entries, while in the PMC we sometimes have 25 messages for 20 entries, and no one comment the votes, except for the usual congratulations message... I think it's better if people have a feedback of what is good and what is not in their liveries.
Then maybe a new rule to be implemented should be that all comments on votes should be added to a spoiler!. I also must say, I dislike that no one talks in the pmc thread, it’s like a zombie competition sometimes!

Last edited:
I done this for my Honda Civic time attack car because I put a lot of effort into carbon fibre and you couldn’t even tell! I’ve seen this happen a lot. I think I’m just too picky though!

Hahaha I know this exact pain for this round!
My Honda entry has carbon fiber decals too, I spent HOURS making it right as the base of the car was original metallic... only to be changed later on :lol:

Congratulations @D-Max

Thank you to Sjaak, Cytoria, NBDESIGNZ, Raphaele, Nuschel01, danbojte, Teal, MaRcvdl1, teensonacid and SeeGeeAitch for your votes - much appreciated. The thing i struggled most with was selecting the colours. Getting the lines right did take a while - but I quite enjoyed that part!

Regarding the comments. I tend to look at the liveries and vote before I read the comments and feedback. In some respects I would like to see more feedback - as it helps me to see things I might miss.

Congrats @D-Max !

I usually vote before looking at comments as well. I don't want anything to influence my vote, other than the livery. My memory is bad enough, that I don't even remember who did which livery, so you can be sure, I'm not swayed by who did it either. I vote for what I like, plain and simple.

Thanks to all that voted for mine, it's nice to get a good score after not doing so well on the last one.

Yes, well done to D-Max, Akwaaba and MMX! Fair to say that among a broad spectrum of liveries available for this particular contest, the aesthetic quality shone through. A constant reminder for us 'non-podiums' to up our game :lol:

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. 👍

@Cytoria maybe it could incite a little more competition in these threads if the seasonal leader board was posted with the results after the voting? idk I'm just thinking of ways you could increase the comments here and maybe provoke some more feedback

@Cytoria maybe it could incite a little more competition in these threads if the seasonal leader board was posted with the results after the voting? idk I'm just thinking of ways you could increase the comments here and maybe provoke some more feedback
The hard part about feedback is people are entering these cars because they feel it’s the best they can do, I don’t want to give them feedback and seem like an ass. It’s a hard situation! I’m very inward when it comes to commenting on liveries, I try to keep my response general and minimal whereas I’d love for people to call me out on mine. My F1 GTR this weeks competition for instance, I’d like to know what people’s thoughts are but it’s just had likes and no comments! Tell me if something is off etc. But I don’t feel confident doing that to others!

The hard part about feedback is people are entering these cars because they feel it’s the best they can do, I don’t want to give them feedback and seem like an ass. It’s a hard situation! I’m very inward when it comes to commenting on liveries, I try to keep my response general and minimal whereas I’d love for people to call me out on mine. My F1 GTR this weeks competition for instance, I’d like to know what people’s thoughts are but it’s just had likes and no comments! Tell me if something is off etc. But I don’t feel confident doing that to others!

Agreed, it can be hard and comments like that can be hard to take, especially in text form. Maybe some of the more experienced users of the competition can post their thoughts? Be a bit more critical? But even then, you're comment on my Super GT Honda still erked me haha!

But maybe with a leader-board updates that @Cytoria does at the end of a season, if it was possible to see a small update then maybe that could drive a bit more chat?
I'm not sure and I'm also aware of the sheer about @Cytoria does for the site and us users, its insane!

I know exactly what you mean i'd feel like a jerk doing it to someone else but would like people to give there honest thoughts on mine (as long as it's constructive), maybe an idea for a new thread?
💡💡💡

I’d rather keep it for the last round.

Especially with only one round left and some close rankings, I don’t want to encourage strategic votes.
All I can say now is neither the winner nor the podium are frozen.

And I’d rather people comment on the quality of the liveries and how to improve them than about some obscure ranking calculations.

The hard part about feedback is people are entering these cars because they feel it’s the best they can do, I don’t want to give them feedback and seem like an ass. It’s a hard situation! I’m very inward when it comes to commenting on liveries, I try to keep my response general and minimal whereas I’d love for people to call me out on mine. But I don’t feel confident doing that to others!

You have a point here. And also some people may like simplier liveries, or didn't have time to enter but still do something quick to show their dedication...
:gtpflag:

My F1 GTR this weeks competition for instance, I’d like to know what people’s thoughts are but it’s just had likes and no comments! Tell me if something is off etc

From a competition aspect, detailing a livery during the submission period is also different from commenting it after the results.
I know it's a pain to do with the decals but I'm not a fan of the rear yellow grille.

Latest Posts

Back