POLL : The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 39 (Speed Demons) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 47 comments

Speed Demons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, lets get the important stuff out the road.

@D-Max congratulations on the rampant victory :cheers:. For me, you nailed it and the only question was who was going to come second. I love the concept, fits the theme to a T in my opinion. And the colours and design stood out the second I layed eyes on it. Stunning work :bowdown:.

Also congratulations to @Akwaaba and @MMX for your podium places. Great job :cheers:.

Thanks to @danbojte, @KK78 and @doblocruiser for the votes :bowdown:.

Honerable mentions to the other entries I voted for @Sian, that Lambo is sweeeet :D:tup:. And @KK78 for that stunning little S2K, I agree with @Cytoria 100% on this, you definitely made the right choice :bowdown:.

Now to the other bit.

As far as feedback goes. I have to say, much the same as most others that have commented so far. I don't mind if people comment about what would have improved my entries. But I also understand the reluctance some may have about giving it, as sometimes text doesn't do the sentiment justice :irked:.

So I'll just say as far as I'm concerned, I'd appreciate any feedback that anyone feels may help me improve my work.
I do prefer to keep things simple looking but I have been trying to find ways to add a bit more depth, whilst maintaining a clean-ish look. So any suggestions to help in that regard in particular would really be appreciated. But all feedback is welcome :)👍. And if you don't feel comfortable doing so in the threads, feel free to start a conversation, I won't bite :D.

:cheers:

I agree with much of what has been said about opinions, I think the best way to go is if a contributor wants some feedback they should simply ask thus avoiding people been offended. For the record, I'm always happy to receive feedback and give it.

I‘d love to get feedback on both my entries here and the stuff in my galleries in general, too. It‘s always kinda sad that noone ever replies to my thread :( :D

so everyone, feel free to give me any feedback or commentary on anything I do :cheers:

So you want feeback? Here are some! I tried to be the more constructive possible, but there is obviously some personal taste and subjectivity in there.

@D-Max
The only thing I would have change in the livery would have been decal placement. I would have made the decals not symmetrical and properly lined, but with a little offset. Keeping the same size since the stickers are provided by the Gumball team, but placed as if they were stamped by random people on the car and not perfectly placed by a professionnal race livery maker.

@Adam Barber
The livery itself is good, there is nothing wrong with it. The story was great too. But I think it was a bit too simple compared to other entries, and the car choice may not be the most popular for this theme.

@baldgye
Once again, maybe too simple for the contest. I also think that the black/white repartition, although following the body panels, wasn't the best to enhance the car shapes. The yellow windshield was odd too.

@KK78
On this one the colour repartition does a better justice to the car body. The little red part on the rear bumper was a very nice touch that I would liked to see on some form on the front too, more than just the canards. Also, being a big fan of the various Takata NSX, your interpretation of it on the secondary design wasn't my cup of tea!

@Akwaaba
As said, the line work is stunning. I would have made the side "Corvette racing" decal the same colour as the lines or the front one, to make it stand out more.

@Nuschel01
The idea was great, and the execution on the body panels is very clean, but it was too much of a replica to get my vote when I see the other original designs.

@Thorin Cain
The livery was great, the colours looks good (orange accent for a McLaren is clever), the lines fit the car well and it's not easy with these. I think the fact that it was one of the few "race" car was a double-or-quits bet and this is the real reason of this ranking.

So you want feeback? Here are some! I tried to be the more constructive possible, but there is obviously some personal taste and subjectivity in there.

@D-Max
The only thing I would have change in the livery would have been decal placement. I would have made the decals not symmetrical and properly lined, but with a little offset. Keeping the same size since the stickers are provided by the Gumball team, but placed as if they were stamped by random people on the car and not perfectly placed by a professionnal race livery maker.

@Adam Barber
The livery itself is good, there is nothing wrong with it. The story was great too. But I think it was a bit too simple compared to other entries, and the car choice may not be the most popular for this theme.

@baldgye
Once again, maybe too simple for the contest. I also think that the black/white repartition, although following the body panels, wasn't the best to enhance the car shapes. The yellow windshield was odd too.

@KK78
On this one the colour repartition does a better justice to the car body. The little red part on the rear bumper was a very nice touch that I would liked to see on some form on the front too, more than just the canards. Also, being a big fan of the various Takata NSX, your interpretation of it on the secondary design wasn't my cup of tea!

@Akwaaba
As said, the line work is stunning. I would have made the side "Corvette racing" decal the same colour as the lines or the front one, to make it stand out more.

@Nuschel01
The idea was great, and the execution on the body panels is very clean, but it was too much of a replica to get my vote when I see the other original designs.

@Thorin Cain
The livery was great, the colours looks good (orange accent for a McLaren is clever), the lines fit the car well and it's not easy with these. I think the fact that it was one of the few "race" car was a double-or-quits bet and this is the real reason of this ranking.
Looking back at mine I feel it just looks a little off, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks a lot man!
No worries :cheers:

p.s. I still think the black one's nicer though :D

And @Cytoria, thank you :bowdown:. I was originally planning it more as a "demo car" to compliment the liveries I've done for the race cars, but this little voice keeps telling me to put the numbers on :lol:.

:cheers:

p.s. I still think the black one's nicer though :D
Haha yes I remember your comment! :D

It wasn't done yet when I submitted my entry, but yeah it could have been an idea, I like it too! :)

7359466802177410097_23.jpg

Last edited:

@D-Max
I considered this but the quality of the gumball liveries have really been incredible in recent years. Team Wolfpack being the biggest inspiration!

@D-Max

@Adam Barber

@baldgye

@KK78

@Akwaaba

@Nuschel01

@Thorin Cain

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I do agree, although I did try several colours, and I didn't like how how any of them looked. Preferred this light green to having no main sponsor. I spent quite a while on the lines, and needed to finish.

Back