• Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
/!\ You can vote for up to 5 entries this time /!\

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we are diving into the past! Last winner @Slender_Man set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

In the last few years teams have been running classic throwback liveries of past like Porsche with the Coca Cola, Rothmans, Pink Pig etc 911 RSR's and all the Throwback cars in the Weather Tech series. I believe there is much more to offer from some of the classic liveries out there...

So i would like to see your best Modern Throwbacks you can offer. You can even crossover race series like putting a DTM livery on a Le Mans car, Nascar on a GT3 Car etc...

CARS :
- ALL cars Must be 2010 to current.
- Gr.1 to Gr.4
- Gr.B
- SF19 Super Formula's / Zonda R / McLaren P1 GTR
- No VGT's (Including Group versions).
- Racing Karts and X2014/X2019 cars are not permitted.

LIVERIES :
- Original Designs Only (ie not already a revisited livery, but obviously you have to be inspired by an old livery).

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Modern day number panels must be used. (I.e. IMSA, Blancpain, Le Mans etc)
- The car does not need to be sport mode compatible.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- 2 Bonus Pictures Required.
- 1 of car moving in Wet track conditions.
- 1 of car static in a garage setting.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on November 20, 2019 (21:00, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 5 entries.
(Note that if you think that will devaluate your main votes, you can still vote for 3 entries only)

You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02
mrw1.jpg

mrw2.jpg

mrw3.jpg

mrw4.jpg

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04
48993792231_7edd4a6a1f_z.jpg

48993792146_65e1947526_z.jpg

48993792396_7ba46a172b_z.jpg

48993248278_db31bf0ee1_z.jpg

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08
View media item 55253View media item 55254 _____________________________________

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16
rk1.jpg

rk2.jpg

rk3.jpg

rk4.jpg

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26
View media item 55382View media item 55381 _____________________________________

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32
View media item 55954View media item 55953 _____________________________________

Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35

Poll Option #36

Poll Option #37

Poll Option #38

Poll Option #39
Leaving a spot for @Teal , just in case...

Last edited:
I only voted three times, because I felt like there was only one other entry that matched the rules and spirit of this round other than the two obvious entries from @Raphaele and @Cytoria

...and that goes to #33
It's a throwback, it's a not a replica on another car. The technical detailing too is excelent and from what I can see it adhears to the modern rules of the IMSA Championship.

Great work all round, it was honestly really difficult and I changed my mind so many times. I'm eager to see who'll edge it between @Raphaele and @Cytoria to take the win! :cheers:

I only voted three times, because I felt like there was only one other entry that matched the rules and spirit of this round other than the two obvious...

If you only wanted to cast 3 votes just say so. Don't disparage the other entries with that baloney.

I've never seen a Furmula car racing Super GT, a GT3 car in Formula racing or Group C. But OK.

Don't disparage the other entries with that baloney.

I... didn’t?

Edit: To clarify, the entries are great. As you see in the rest of my post (the bit you didn't quote), I went back and forth between many different choices but in the end picked the one I did because it matched the rules and the spirit of this round...

Last edited:
#7, #12, #19, #29 & #37. 5 votes did not make this any easier :lol:

For the record, I probably won't do a feedback list for this one simply because I'd just end up repeating myself 38 times. All the liveries here are pretty much perfect: sponsor logo placements are perfect, design proportions are perfect, and each and every one of these cars I could see in their respective race series. A masterclass of liveries to look back on in inspiration.

Here's a list with my votes and my thought's regarding them.

I've always been a huge fan of the JACCS design and this one looks like it could just be run as is today by them. Super Taikyu number boards also add to it making it one of my favourite liveries in this round. Also it made me realize that I have to edit something on my entry for Round 43 :D

Nice and simple design I've always been a fan of and perfectly executed on the RCZ. Bonus points for making a regular version, too :)

Well, it's an Art Car made by Matski and that means it's 100% accurately executed and although it being a design not flashy it's still a huge challenge to apply the grid pattern that good in GTS.

Line work is excellent and the livery has been transitioned to the modern era Corvette perfectly. I have the regular livery applied to my C3 in game and now it's got a C7 in the same outfit as a friend.

Poll Option #37

@Cytoria
What should I say? :D

Also thank you very much to everyone participating, honorable mentions imho also are: 2, 4, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 27, 29 and 34 :cheers:

Blown away by the attention to detail on some entries, especially #29 and #37. Also putting votes for #03, #21 and #28.

Honourable mentions go to #02, #08, #09, #15, #19, #20, #22, #30 and #33.

The quality and variety of entries in this round speak for themselves. Well done everyone! :cheers:

Thanks to the idea of @Slender_Man this turned out to be a magnificent result. Absolute stunning work, I love them all. Pretty nice to see that every single entry got at least one vote. I went with 20, 22, 26, 33 and of course 37: @Cytoria outshined all of us. Honest congratulations – and nevertheless thanks a lot for hosting and moderating these comps. Looking forward to your theme – hopefully you are not running out of ideas! :cheers:

Thanks to the idea of @Slender_Man this turned out to be a magnificent result. Absolute stunning work, I love them all. Pretty nice to see that every single entry got at least one vote. I went with 20, 22, 26, 33 and of course 37: @Cytoria outshined all of us. Honest congratulations – and nevertheless thanks a lot for hosting and moderating these comps. Looking forward to your theme – hopefully you are not running out of ideas! :cheers:
I didn't vote for you neither for @Cytoria and I'm kind of sorry for that because both of you did an absolutely amazing work, but your liveries weren't (to be honest) my favorites, the most beautiful imo.

BUT you did vote for me, and I do know my livery wasn't the most beautiful neither the most difficult one to do, so I really appreciate this because it spoke to you and to the 5 others guys at this time who voted for me too.

To be brief, thanks for your votes, I'm happy you liked it !

I only voted yesterday, I just couldn't decide before.

At first I've reduced my choices to 15 entries. Then 6... and painfully dropped the last one.

#03 Jaccs NSX @LaSupra . Very clean execution of the usual design, and nice respect of the decals.

#08 Renault F1 @Noisy . All current sponsors, classic colour : the perfect modern throwback.

#20 "Miller" 911 @Higny . Masking is great and the "Le Mans" text with the Miller font is very clever.

#21 XJR-9 F-Type @autonomous . Nostalgia is very strong here, as it's been my all-time favourite car in GT4. And when it's precisely transposed like that, I just couldn't resist.

#29 Wrangler 911 @Raphaele . Dotted lines are very nicely made, there is almost no visible bleeding or distorsion. I wonder how many decals were used.

#36 Coke GT-R LM @SouperK . The 6th I had to drop. Chrome lines are so perfect... You miss my vote because the sponsors were not up-to-date (old Nissan and Michelin logos), and that I needed a way to choose.

#05 Coke GT-R GT500 @Nuschel01 . Another Coke, another great execution of the lines.

#06 Brawn GP NSX Gr.2 @Adam Barber . Great use of the colour scheme, but cleverly adapted on the NSX shapes.

#12 Stella M6 @MatskiMonk . Maintening the scale and the alignement of the pattern on the whole car is a victory by itself.

#15 Loctite Zexel SF19 @hairless_ape . The colour scheme works really well with the body and new sponsor placements feel natural.

#22 "BF Goodrich" Corvette @MMX . The nice mix between an original design and something you're sure you have seen before.

#25 BASF M6 @YukinoSuzuka . Could be the exact same comment as Matski, but you even aligned the spirals from different panels.

#31 Eclipse Advan Supra @Thorin Cain . You and @CorvairGuy69 both re-imagined the Advan signature stripes with brio.

#33 Sonax AMG @KK78 . Once again, the good mix between original and nostalgic, since a "pure" replica would have been too obvious.

#35 Roock 911 @Nearlander . For a first entry, this is very cool, I really like how your modernized the classic pattern.

All the entries were nice, it was hard to pick 5 only.

There may be few that I would have done differently, but all the entries were very well executed!

I also want to thank @Slender_Man for choosing such a popular theme. And obviously, thank you for your votes!

:cheers:

Glad everyone enjoyed this theme :)
i truly could see some of these if not ALL being used in real life..
Looking forward to seeing your theme @Cytoria and all themes coming in the future 👍 :cheers:

I think I'm in need of some feedback for my entry.
I was pretty happy with it and how I'd manage to integrate a classic and a modern livery, whilst being within the rules for a Super GT300 entry. But seems like I was wrong?

You weren’t wrong, but 37 other people weren’t either...

Yeah thats a fair shout, but maybe for lack of a better word... my entry was boring?

Also, your « old » livery is not as iconic as the IMSA 90 GTO or the rally HB ones, so it draws less nostalgia than others, and the car feels very modern.

Yeah I can see that, maybe it's feels very modern because of the use of the current teams sponsors etc from this seasons SuperGT?
I'm just trying to figure out where I can go with the next competition and make a better livery/entry. This whole thing (LEC) for me was about learning to use the tools to express myself and I feel like I've maybe hit a bit of a wall. So any direction would be helpful :cheers:

My only win in the LEC was such an easy livery to put together, maybe I'm trying too hard? :lol:

I think I'm in need of some feedback for my entry.
I was pretty happy with it and how I'd manage to integrate a classic and a modern livery, whilst being within the rules for a Super GT300 entry. But seems like I was wrong?

Yeah thats a fair shout, but maybe for lack of a better word... my entry was boring?

Yeah I can see that, maybe it's feels very modern because of the use of the current teams sponsors etc from this seasons SuperGT?
I'm just trying to figure out where I can go with the next competition and make a better livery/entry. This whole thing (LEC) for me was about learning to use the tools to express myself and I feel like I've maybe hit a bit of a wall. So any direction would be helpful :cheers:

My only win in the LEC was such an easy livery to put together, maybe I'm trying too hard? :lol:

Your livery livery looks really nice and very well made, I simply preferred 5 others! As you asked, the only feedback I can give is similar to what Cytoria said, the livery didn't pop or standout like some of the other liveries did. But at least you have had a win, I don't think very many can claim that accolade!

Even though we had 5 votes, it was still very difficult to choose where to place these votes. I also think that having this number of votes worked pretty well in this poll.

Congratulations to those on the podium!

If anyone is kind enough to provide feedback (#10 Motul Mugen Honda NSX) I would appreciate it.

The winners post is updated.

Fun facts :
- Mercedes has now 3 victories in the Hall of Fame. The 3 cars came from me… and I’ve only entered 3 Mercedes in the LEC. 💡
- Porsche is still the most frequent brand in the Podium album, with 14 entries.

- With 38 entries, the LEC #42 was the most popular theme after the 8th LEC (Sunday Cup, 41 entries) and the GTplanet anniversary bonus round (39 entries)
- The last time we had more than 60 voters for the poll was for the LEC #15. (but at the time we got a front page article to promote it).
- @Teal is now the first ever contestant to get a vote without presenting an entry :lol:.

MMX
I've thought that on many occassions. I've had some where I spent a lot of time on, and had some very tricky to make decals, and got almost no attention. Then on the flip side had some easy ones do good.
This shows here : the designs of Raphaele and mine were tricky, but autonomous Jag is pretty simple : the quality is on the precision of the various lines, not in the complexity.

If anyone is kind enough to provide feedback (#10 Motul Mugen Honda NSX) I would appreciate it.
Transcribing a straight lines design, made for a cubic car, on a bodywork as tortured as the NSX was not easy.

Even if you've made some adjustements, like the black triangles on the rear fender, I think it would have been clever to follow the NSX lines more (the way @Adam Barber did for his).

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to @Sjaak, @D-Max, @floydant, @danhighway, @Sian and @SouperK for you votes on my entry :cheers: I‘m kinda curious to hear what made you guys choose it :D

I didn't remember which one was yours but I now guess with your thanks it's #5! :D

As @Cytoria said you did great job on the lines, the global execution is very good imo and the global design talked to me! As did #10 and #23!
The vote was so hard that some people missed mine even if they did great job too, and it could have been you, but it is what it is, I scrolled so many times to choose, and in the end it was you and the other two.

While I'm here I'd like to thank the following guys for their vote and if they have a minute I'd like to have their feedback too. :cheers:

Back