POLL : The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 47 (Gran Turismo Underground) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 29 comments

Gran Turismo Underground

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
GTU Nuschel.png

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we'll run on the nights. Last winner @Nuschel01 set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

I remember it like it was yesterday when little 6 year old me got NFS Underground on Christmas eve 2001. The game and it‘s predecessor will always have a spot in my heart for being what basically got me into cars (apart from my dad) and later led to a life with Gran Turismo.

I‘d like you guys to go full 2000‘s and create a "ricer" livery which give us a throwback to the cars we all had in NFS:U and NFS:U2. Unfortunately there are no bodykits for the cars in GTS but I guess it won‘t matter that much as these liveries also looked good when there were no other visible mods done to the car.

So dust off those amps, get your door-wishlist ready and hit the road :gtpflag:

PS: Kudos for everyone who provides a Screenshot of NFS with his inspiration!

CARS :
- Only cars from the following list :
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro
BMW M3 E46
Honda Civic Type R EK9
Honda Integra Type R DC2
Honda S2000
Mazda Eunos Roadster NA
Mazda RX-7 GT-X FC
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A FD
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Z32
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Z33
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection S13
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R V-spec II
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec II Nür
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Renault Clio V6
Subaru Impreza 22B
Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R STi Version VI
Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin
Toyota MR2 GT-S
Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A
Toyota Supra RZ

LIVERIES :
- Originals and Replicas of the hero-cars are all fine.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- NFS:U/U2 style livery design.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Two bonus pictures :
- One with free settings.
- One at night.
- Bonus if you can add a reference screenshot from NFS.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on February 5, 2019 (23:30, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01
rk1.jpg

rk2.jpg

rk3.jpg

rk4.jpg

Poll Option #02
rx1.jpg

rx2.jpg

rx3.jpg

rx4.jpg

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07
View media item 57943View media item 57944 _____________________________________

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Last edited:
This will be hard :lol:

Thanks to everyone who participated :cheers:
There are many entries I really like, so I‘ll have to really think about who deserves a vote :D

EDIT: I made up my mind now :D

My votes go to:
  • #5: It was the only entry that was actually based on a NFS designed car and despite the wheels I really liked the overall look
  • #12: A livery that was probably exactly doable in Underground 2 with the color, carbon hood and decal placement
  • #13: Gundam‘s are never a bad idea, execution and overall design really catched those 2000‘s vibes and how a car in a Today‘s remake of Underground could look like
There were heaps of other‘s I could‘ve vote for but in the end the three I choose were the ones that captured my idea of the theme best :)

Last edited:
5, 11, 21. I voted for the liveries closest to what NFSU/2 cars used looked like. There some incredible entries in here but I feel like they're actually TOO well designed to be NFSU/2 cars. My votes are based on what was available to us in NFS games and how the cars looked at the end of designing them. Hope nobody takes offence to my choices and why I made them. Amazing work everyone

#3 #5 #7

It's been a hard choice once again, I could have voted for 5 more entries, #10 #12 #15 #16 #21 for example! :banghead:

The 3 I've chosen reflect what reminds in my mind when I think of what NFSU was, what we could see and what we could do. 👍

Anyway, great job @everyone, it's always a pleasure to play this game with you guys! :cheers:

Winners’ post updated.

Fun facts :

- This is the first time that a Mitsubishi reach the podium.

- Mazda, however, has now 8 entries in the Hall of Fame, and 2 victories.

- @Baliwa ’s Mitsu is not painted : you will get the base colour of your current car when adding its livery. Black is obviously the best choice but red, blue and silver work pretty well too.

- @NBDESIGNZ is the 27th winner of a LEC.

- On season 5, we have 7 different winners for 7 rounds, and 5 of them never won a competition before.

Winners’ post updated.

Fun facts :

- This is the first time that a Mitsubishi reach the podium.

- Mazda, however, has now 8 entries in the Hall of Fame, and 2 victories.

- @Baliwa ’s Mitsu is not painted : you will get the base colour of your current car when adding its livery. Black is obviously the best choice but red, blue and silver work pretty well too.

- @NBDESIGNZ is the 27th winner of a LEC.

- On season 5, we have 7 different winners for 7 rounds, and 5 of them never won a competition before.
Love this kind of informations, thanks for your work @Cytoria!

I'm not sure if it's always done but I really would love to have the download links of every entries so we could easily have them all...

My Samba Bus collection is now almost perfect! :D

(I'm not asking you to do this, we should give our links when we submit our entries. And the same for PMC of course)

Love this kind of informations, thanks for your work @Cytoria!

I'm not sure if it's always done but I really would love to have the download links of every entries so we could easily have them all...

My Samba Bus collection is now almost perfect! :D

(I'm not asking you to do this, we should give our links when we submit our entries. And the same for PMC of course)
All the links of the podium liveries can be found on the flickr album.

For the others, it’s not mandatory to share so some people may keep them for themselves if they don’t reach that point (me included).

I’ve had the project to collect all links to galleries related to GTplanet names, to simplify the search when people like a livery in the various threads and want to find the link.

I also have the same kind of data for the PMC since I ran them (from round 20), but they are less pertinent I think. I might do a kind of « fun facts » post, though.

I also have the same kind of data for the PMC since I ran them (from round 20), but they are less pertinent I think.
I would love to add some of the PMC pictures to my collection, some of them are truly gorgeous!

Back