• Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
banner.jpeg

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we are going to the roots. Last winner @Raphaele set this theme, here are the details :

Let’s go back to the roots – the grassroots of motorsports and have fun galore! Forget all of your Lambos, Ferraris or Macs. Cheap and older used cars are the heroes of “The 24 hours of Lemons”. In the real race series the cars must not exceed a value of 500 $. In our competition we go for maximum Cr. 80,000 (in-game list price) and a model of 2010 and before. Unleash your lemons, be creative and have fun!

CARS:
• N100, N200, N300 only
• In-game cost must not exceed Cr. 80,000
• Car has to be model year 2010 or earlier
• For fun’s sake, Safety Cars are allowed (no price, no year)

LIVERIES:
• Original liveries, replicas, parodies, fancy teams – inspired by anything you love

UNIQUE RESTRICTION :
• Livery does not need to be SportMode-friendly.
• “24h of Lemons” decal is mandatory on either side of car (see spoiler above)

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS:
• Two bonus pictures
• At least one in motion at Willow Springs at night/dusk or daylight

USER MADE DECALS:
• No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on April 8, 2019 (23:30, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave a week for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05
49659893616_1c79df3579_z.jpg

49659893571_b45233226b_z.jpg

49659893466_939da41299_z.jpg

49659352533_4d218bd6e9_z.jpg

Poll Option #06
sld1.jpg

sld2.jpg

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11
slv1.jpg

slv2.jpg

slv3.jpg

slv4.jpg

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22
full

full

full

full

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Last edited:
Creativity and fun have ruled this comp with 27 magnificent entries and enlightened the gray days of this week. For me, every entrant is a winner and it’s unbelievable hard for me to pick my choice. I dished out eight “Lemon points” for my favourites and selected my three votes. I finally went with #06 - #16 - #18.
Since this is my theme I feel free to spawn some review on each – just to put in my two cents.

Poll Option #1 Racerx_34
This Burger King Mazda Roadster in white/lemon/green looks so friendly and makes me smile.
Nice details, clean design – too bad that all this will be wasted at LeMons.

Poll Option #2 AlexWilmot
Nice lemon green Mazda Miata MX5. I really love the neat chicken and the hand-made race number, simple and fine executed. This one might be seen at the real LeMons track.

Poll Option #3 teensonacid

Nissan 180SX Type X - The choice of vehicle and decals with nice details and scratches make this entry a beautiful sample for a lemon car. I love the pink-grey camouflage on bonnet and roof.

Poll Option #4 ro_har_

A fine example for a cheap youngster grassroots ride. I ike that funny and wild skull tattoo.

Poll Option #5 Panoz

Pontiac TransAm Firebird “Crashtest” - What a perfect idea form this theme and lovely executed. Reduced to color scheme grey-yellow-black. Well balanced. Go for LeMons!
Lemon point *

Poll Option #6 Slender_Man

Nissan 180SX Type X - Marked by the battlefield, diverse repairs, coat of many colours, right front fender plastered with license plates – great idea: a perfect lemon. Would love to see the car at the real track.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #7 Adam Barber

Mazda RX7 with a “borrowed” blue, red and white livery with clean and classic design, way too beautiful for this LEC; nice work but the cost of livery must not exceed the cost of car ;)

Poll Option #8 Nuschel01

This Little Honda has an interesting and rare color scheme. I fell in love with the funny parodic sticker bomb. Well done.

Poll Option #9 Nearlander

A Toyota Supra with as a skit of the classic Warsteiner BMW. Cool idea and creative design transfer. Would break my heart to see the pretty car damaged after the race event.

Poll Option #10 ringkurier

An abused Fiat 500 company car. Nice details. Nice graffiti. That’s entertainment at its best!

Poll Option #11silverman_GT

I love the colourful realistic details, the hand-made race number and the carefully chosen spoofed brand logos.

Poll Option #12 Baliwa

KFC Suzuki Swift in red-white. A delivery car at the track - nice parody. I doubt that Colonel Sanders would love it as much I do…

Poll Option #13 sturk0167

VW Golf I GTi with authentic gray tape work, looks very realistic and fits the theme. I love especially the race photos. Brilliant.

Poll Option #14 CorvairGuy69

Two sibling cars in striking red and blue design. Simple and clear. I just miss a Pepsi decal…:)

Poll Option #15 AngusMAC

This rusty VW 1200 “Steampunk Herbie" makes me smile. Great job. Also the dramatic race photos might originate from a “Love Bug” movie.

Poll Option #16 stepsinpairs

Taped green Mitsubishi with perfectly matching color scheme and cool details. Special scores for the unique race number! Well done.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #17 Higny.

Ha ha, this Comic Superhero car is a fine idea. Also the carefully edited scars and scratches.

Poll Option #18 V100s

What a show! This abused rugged “NoPro” VW Golf GTi is pure fun. Race number zero and NoPro – I love your sense of humour. Great job and stunning bonus shots.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #19 cderekw19

This Chevy Camaro Z28 in yellowish green, abused and rusty, towed away directly from an automobile graveyard enriches this poll. Well done the Chitty decal, the hand-painted race number and the dramatic race photos.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #20 AidenT06530

This Subaru Impreza in matte Gray with lemon yellow design is offering a very clean and classy design. Though almost too beautiful and harmonic for this theme.

Poll Option #21 VulcanSpirit

Toyota Supra RZ green Spaceship – a parody of Thunderbird 2 from Gerry Anderson TV series. Pretty idea. Cool sample for what I was hoping would be shown for this theme.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #22 BKGlover

Mustang Mach I "AMC Javelin AMX 1971”. Clean and crisp design, very American. Too bad that all of the shots are a bit underexposed to reveal the best.

Poll Option #23 baldgye

Another Beetle – The Alzheimer Beetle. Humour and fun at it’s best. Looks at these stunning action shots at the track. Is it real or is it simulation?

Poll Option #24 AngryKowski

A very nice Toyota MR2 replica of a Formula 1 Ferrari from 2003. Parody well done. Cool design. Great job!
Lemon point *

Poll Option #25 Thorin Cain

Ford Mustang Mach I going Darrell Waltrip's "Chevy" Lumina NASCAR. Cool parody and perfect execution. Love it.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #26 Teal

A Safety car! Since I allowed this category I am totally surprised about only one of these appearing in the comp. This Police car parody has a clean and official design – maybe a bit too clean for this poll. Along the way I learned what a “rozzer” is.

Poll Option #27 Cytoria

DTM Audi TT parody. Flawless and perfectly matching design as always from our master. Maybe a bit too perfect and much too beautiful for this theme, since I miss the hand-made touch that makes the difference in grassroots series.

====== just my humble opinion ======

:gtpflag:

Thank you @Raphaele for your feedback, I always enjoy and appreciate to get some input from someone who isn't the creator thinks about our work!

Thank you @Cytoria for everything around this LEC, great job again!

Thank you @MMX @AlexWilmot and @sturk0167 for having made a excellent choice in their voting. :cheers:

Thank you @Everybody for making these competitions again and again interesting and entertaining!

Thanks for the kind words @Raphaele , I figured it was too dark. I follow the photo setup in the OPs for these, but they always come out dark, and this one was the worst yet so I don't even know what I did different.
Had the same problem when GTSport was new. I dimmed the brightness of my TV display – as a result I had to adjust my shots with more brightness. Turned out fine for computer and mobile device…

Had the same problem when GTSport was new. I dimmed the brightness of my TV display – as a result I had to adjust my shots with more brightness. Turned out fine for computer and mobile device…
Now this is some lateral thinking! I like it

Congratulations @silverman_GT for your victory!

Well done @AngryKowski and @stepsinpairs too : this is a nice podium full of outsiders!

Also @Raphaele thank you for the theme and for the full review. I totally agree, my entry was way too clean for the event, but I couldn't find time and inspiration for something better. The sanction is immediate : this is my second worst score ever on the LEC :lol:

The winners' post is updated too.

Thanks for the kind words @Raphaele , I figured it was too dark. I follow the photo setup in the OPs for these, but they always come out dark, and this one was the worst yet so I don't even know what I did different.
I noticed that the photos in the game are in full screen and look brighter than on this page, where the background is white, so the photo looks darker in contrast. I try to reduce the saturation and the contrast in the game a tiny bit, so it looks fine here. At least I try.

to
Four votes isn't that bad. You are moaning at a high level. :lol:

Congrats @silverman_GT on your win and @AngryKowski and @stepsinpairs on the podium. I guess you had a lot of fun to compete. I am going to update the HoF with your entries, soon…
Congratulations @silverman_GT for your victory!

Well done @AngryKowski and @stepsinpairs too : this is a nice podium full of outsiders!

Also @Raphaele thank you for the theme and for the full review. I totally agree, my entry was way too clean for the event, but I couldn't find time and inspiration for something better. The sanction is immediate : this is my second worst score ever on the LEC :lol:

The winners' post is updated too.

congrats to @silverman_GT and @stepsinpairs ! Great work! :cheers:

and thanks to @Raphaele for your reviews and also @Cytoria for the work you put in these competitions.

This LEC theme was a lot of fun and I would love to make a 24h of Lemon race in GTS to celebrate.
Thank you guys! And @Raphaele too - this is definitely one of the most fun themes of all time.

Massive congratulations to @AngryKowski and @stepsinpairs too - the grime, dirt, and rust details on both of your cars are top-notch! I love the "Scuderia Fauxrarri" concept of @AngryKowski's MR2 and the excessively brillant use of gaffa tape on @stepsinpairs' GTO!

Honestly, there's so many good stuff in this comp to the point I'm having trouble picking my favorites, such as the Fork Sports EK, the Nissan RX-7, the Warsteiner Supra, the "Superman" DC2, the "NoPro" Golf, the Alzheimer's Beetle, and so on....

Last but not least, thank you to everyone who participated both in the contest and the vote. Thank you. Onwards to the next one!

Creativity and fun have ruled this comp with 27 magnificent entries and enlightened the gray days of this week. For me, every entrant is a winner and it’s unbelievable hard for me to pick my choice. I dished out eight “Lemon points” for my favourites and selected my three votes. I finally went with #06 - #16 - #18.
Since this is my theme I feel free to spawn some review on each – just to put in my two cents.

Poll Option #1 Racerx_34
This Burger King Mazda Roadster in white/lemon/green looks so friendly and makes me smile.
Nice details, clean design – too bad that all this will be wasted at LeMons.

Poll Option #2 AlexWilmot
Nice lemon green Mazda Miata MX5. I really love the neat chicken and the hand-made race number, simple and fine executed. This one might be seen at the real LeMons track.

Poll Option #3 teensonacid

Nissan 180SX Type X - The choice of vehicle and decals with nice details and scratches make this entry a beautiful sample for a lemon car. I love the pink-grey camouflage on bonnet and roof.

Poll Option #4 ro_har_

A fine example for a cheap youngster grassroots ride. I ike that funny and wild skull tattoo.

Poll Option #5 Panoz

Pontiac TransAm Firebird “Crashtest” - What a perfect idea form this theme and lovely executed. Reduced to color scheme grey-yellow-black. Well balanced. Go for LeMons!
Lemon point *

Poll Option #6 Slender_Man

Nissan 180SX Type X - Marked by the battlefield, diverse repairs, coat of many colours, right front fender plastered with license plates – great idea: a perfect lemon. Would love to see the car at the real track.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #7 Adam Barber

Mazda RX7 with a “borrowed” blue, red and white livery with clean and classic design, way too beautiful for this LEC; nice work but the cost of livery must not exceed the cost of car ;)

Poll Option #8 Nuschel01

This Little Honda has an interesting and rare color scheme. I fell in love with the funny parodic sticker bomb. Well done.

Poll Option #9 Nearlander

A Toyota Supra with as a skit of the classic Warsteiner BMW. Cool idea and creative design transfer. Would break my heart to see the pretty car damaged after the race event.

Poll Option #10 ringkurier

An abused Fiat 500 company car. Nice details. Nice graffiti. That’s entertainment at its best!

Poll Option #11silverman_GT

I love the colourful realistic details, the hand-made race number and the carefully chosen spoofed brand logos.

Poll Option #12 Baliwa

KFC Suzuki Swift in red-white. A delivery car at the track - nice parody. I doubt that Colonel Sanders would love it as much I do…

Poll Option #13 sturk0167

VW Golf I GTi with authentic gray tape work, looks very realistic and fits the theme. I love especially the race photos. Brilliant.

Poll Option #14 CorvairGuy69

Two sibling cars in striking red and blue design. Simple and clear. I just miss a Pepsi decal…:)

Poll Option #15 AngusMAC

This rusty VW 1200 “Steampunk Herbie" makes me smile. Great job. Also the dramatic race photos might originate from a “Love Bug” movie.

Poll Option #16 stepsinpairs

Taped green Mitsubishi with perfectly matching color scheme and cool details. Special scores for the unique race number! Well done.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #17 Higny.

Ha ha, this Comic Superhero car is a fine idea. Also the carefully edited scars and scratches.

Poll Option #18 V100s

What a show! This abused rugged “NoPro” VW Golf GTi is pure fun. Race number zero and NoPro – I love your sense of humour. Great job and stunning bonus shots.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #19 cderekw19

This Chevy Camaro Z28 in yellowish green, abused and rusty, towed away directly from an automobile graveyard enriches this poll. Well done the Chitty decal, the hand-painted race number and the dramatic race photos.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #20 AidenT06530

This Subaru Impreza in matte Gray with lemon yellow design is offering a very clean and classy design. Though almost too beautiful and harmonic for this theme.

Poll Option #21 VulcanSpirit

Toyota Supra RZ green Spaceship – a parody of Thunderbird 2 from Gerry Anderson TV series. Pretty idea. Cool sample for what I was hoping would be shown for this theme.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #22 BKGlover

Mustang Mach I "AMC Javelin AMX 1971”. Clean and crisp design, very American. Too bad that all of the shots are a bit underexposed to reveal the best.

Poll Option #23 baldgye

Another Beetle – The Alzheimer Beetle. Humour and fun at it’s best. Looks at these stunning action shots at the track. Is it real or is it simulation?

Poll Option #24 AngryKowski

A very nice Toyota MR2 replica of a Formula 1 Ferrari from 2003. Parody well done. Cool design. Great job!
Lemon point *

Poll Option #25 Thorin Cain

Ford Mustang Mach I going Darrell Waltrip's "Chevy" Lumina NASCAR. Cool parody and perfect execution. Love it.
Lemon point *

Poll Option #26 Teal

A Safety car! Since I allowed this category I am totally surprised about only one of these appearing in the comp. This Police car parody has a clean and official design – maybe a bit too clean for this poll. Along the way I learned what a “rozzer” is.

Poll Option #27 Cytoria

DTM Audi TT parody. Flawless and perfectly matching design as always from our master. Maybe a bit too perfect and much too beautiful for this theme, since I miss the hand-made touch that makes the difference in grassroots series.

====== just my humble opinion ======

Thanks for the review.

Imagine my horror when I arrived at the track and realise I’d polished the car for nothing.
Glad someone got a smile out of it though.

Well done @silverman_GT for the win and to @AngryKowski and @stepsinpairs for your steps on the podium :bowdown::cheers:. @stepsinpairs, this is becoming quite the run 👍.

Thank you @Raphaele for such a fun theme :cheers:. Shame we are more limited in GTS than IRL. Some of the machines I saw while researching were epic (The upside down car and the Oreo cookie car were superb :D), but still we saw loads of creative and fun liveries. And more importantly I think we all had some fun and a good laugh in the process :D:tup:.
Also, thanks for the Lemon point :cheers:.

Thanks also to those who voted for my "Wave" machine, @Slender_Man, @danbojte, @CorvairGuy69, @Jack_10_9_8_7, @teensonacid, @Baliwa and @Noisy26 :bowdown::cheers:. It was quite a reluctant decision at first but I'm glad I went in this direction. Glad you enjoyed it :D.

I should also thank @Adam Barber, @Nuschel01 and @Nearlander for the inspiration :cheers:. I hadn't the foggiest idea what to do for this theme until you guys posted your entries. The FORK sports Civic especially, had me in stitches :lol:👍

And thanks @Cytoria for you know, doing what you do! :bowdown::cheers:

Back