POLL : The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 53 (Forbidden Sponsors) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 37 comments

Forbidden Sponsors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many, many apologies for responding to this thread a tad bit too late. Unfortunately I have been murdered by my online classes (and the assignments that followed suit) for the past few weeks, but no matter. Here's a review to sum up all 35 wonderful entries in this competition:

#01 @Greycap - First entry of this competition and almost immediately, the bar is set very high. This is by far the best modern-day interpretation of a Rothmans livery that I've ever seen.

#02 @baldgye - I'll be honest, I'm ashamed to admit that I have never heard about Carling. But of course I'm not going to dismiss a wonderful creation due to my own setbacks. You do learn something new everyday after all...and as far as the cigarette packets are concerned, you've done a clean and brilliant job at interpreting that very design to the DBR9.

#03 @Racerx_34 - Creating an original twist of an already-famous livery is a no-slouch job. Painting the white bits of the TGR livery to yellow to reflect the Benson & Hedges AND the DHL sponsorship is just pure genius.

#04 @Slender_Man - The litle details are so amazing you'd think this JPS car actually raced in modern-day GTLM. Loving the red accents too - judging from the real life cars, I think they're supposed to represent the Porsche Design branding? Do correct me if I'm wrong.

#05 @CorvairGuy69 - I'm staggered at how much the Jagermeister livery looks so right at home in the M6 GT3. Simplistic, yet iconic. I'm a fan of the minimalist sponsor stickers.

#06 @StPeterMartyr - Marlboro colors somehow always looked good on open-wheelers, and this entry just confirms it. And on the other hand, I can totally see BRM running as a Super Formula team if they still exist today...

#07 @ro_har_ - A highly unique take on the Mission Winnow sponsorship with dark accents. Wonderful.

#08 @teensonacid - I'm getting strong YellowHat Supra vibes from this livery - in a good way. And on the other hand, the yellow/white/black combination on the rear quarter made me think of a half-empty glass of Sapporo!

#09 @AngryKowski - Some might argue that the West livery belongs to a McLaren, but I digress. This is a very, very well-done interpretation. Huge fan of the gradient work in this one, and I'd go as far as saying that this is one of my favorites from this contest.

#10 @Noisy26 - Stella Artois' red/white/gold colors sort of reminds me of the Gold Leaf colors. The "fizzy" details on the lower part of the car is a very nice touch.

#11 @TommyKaeselau - I love the NASCAR-esque approach on this livery. The decal placements might not be everyone's cup of tea, but considering the oval racing roots of this livery I'd say that's a very well-thought detail.

#12 @Adam Barber - I must admit, Old Speckled Hen is a brand I've only heard about just now. I like the livery's very clean and simplistic looks, while also keeping true to the Old Speckled Hen's bottle can design.

#13 @Nuschel01 - I've seen so many interpretations of the Asahi sponsorship in this game, but this, in my opinion, is the best one yet. I'd say that this car radiates so much Super Taikyu energy!

#14 @Nuno Kopio - Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. This "remastered" RA106 (I might get the car mixed up, do correct me if I'm wrong) livery with the Lucky Strike colors perfectly illustrates why GT Sport needs a new "Formula Gran Turismo".

#15 @Baliwa - While Silk Cut's rebranded modern image might not be as cool as the Silk Cut we know and love as seen on the Jaguar prototype racers of the past. But the fact that you've made a brilliant livery using the modern logotype and styling made me rethink of my former statement. Well done!

#16 @NBDESIGNZ - Okay, Delirium is definitely new for me. But still, the blue-white-pink colour combination does make the car stand out very well above others. And when I say very, I mean it. Eye-catching in all the very good ways.

#17 @stepsinpairs - An original design based on an original team sponsored by Nikka Whisky - another brand I've only heard about just now. The NISMO stripes/accents (especially on the lower body red stripe) are a nice touch!

#18 @AlexWilmot - Never in my life I thought that someone would enter this competition by resurrecting a famous constructor with its most well known cigarette sponsor, on of all others, a Red Bull car! Bravo!

#19 @VulcanSpirit - Kopparberg Apple Cider's color scheme rather reminds me of John Player & Sons, which isn't necessarily a bad thing especially when painted to an open-wheeler!

#20 @KK78 - I love the red accents tracing the body lines, and the Havana Club logo placements on either sides are genius.

#21 @rsrgse - Simple yet extravagant. The lone Peroni sponsorship on the Huracan GT3 gives off a nice "private entry" race car vibe!

#22 @D-Max - A brilliant, eye-catching Jack Daniels livery with realistic and contemporary sponsorship placements. I love it. The color combo and the stripes just works.

#23 @ringkurier - I'll be honest, I was gutted and felt bad when you had to retire your previous entry for "not being Sport Mode compatible". But then you came up with this Absolut Vodka-sponsored masterpiece that would look right at home on the ADAC GT Masters grid. The white/cyan(?) colorshift with gold wheels look eye-pleasing and *exactly* right.

#24 @Raphaele - This Yamazaki Single Malt SF-R caught my eye for one good reason - and it's not for the equally brilliant gold accents. I highly, highly admire the clever placement of the "Aged 18 Years" moniker that doubles as the Sport Mode number plate. That's plain genius!

#25 @lauriebeamont - Very well-executed negative masking job here. Highly reflective of Iona Gin's bottle design! (pun not intended)

#26 @wowbaggerBR - This is perhaps the best modern rendition of the Martini livery that I've ever seen. You weren't afraid to throw the classic Martini stripes to the bin in order to create a sharp, modern design that's very reminiscent of the original.

#27 @cderekw19 - I might be on the verge of learning something new everyday because I have never heard of Yuengling before. In all seriousness though, you've captured the brand's image very well - I love the usage of chrome paint on the wings!

#28 @Nearlander - This has got to be one of my favorites. I was surprised that no one tried to make this livery on the 650S GT3, but I was even more surprised to find out that the Gulf-Davidoff paint job works so well on the 458 GT3. Amazing job.

#29 @autonomous - If only PMI and their "Mission Winnow" went to sponsor McLaren again instead of Ferrari, I can totally see this happening in real life. Probably the best modern rendition of the Marlboro livery I've seen so far.

#30 @Bungabine - I love how you're going with the contemporary Mission Winnow branding with your livery. The greyed Union Jack blends very well with the rest of the car, and that "Smoking Kills" sign is the icing of the cake.

#31 @GTAndy36 - Took a quick Google search of Innis & Gunn to make me realize how much of a brilliant job you've done incorporating the brown streak patterns around the whole car. The smaller sponsor sticker placements are very neat and either blend in or keep the overall design clean.

#32 @Cytoria - Interesting how a Rooster Rojo Tequila-sponsored car also exists in real life (which I assume highly inspired this livery) yet you've made one that looks a whole lot better than the real car. Perhaps the blue streaks have done a great job in complimenting the design as a whole, compared to the real-life J2 Racing AMG GT3 comprised of only red and black colors!

#33 @Higny - This entry has got to be the most clever interpretation of the contest rules. I did say that it had to be a tobacco/alcohol sponsorship, but then again I didn't say whether if it had to be real. Like they say, you just can't get enough of that wonderful Duff. Well done you!

#34 @PrinsvOranje - I've been waiting for someone to do a modernized Gold Leaf livery and I'm not disappointed. Loving that bonus picture too.

#35 @Sian - Wrapping up this livery editor competition is probably the most foreign alcohol brand I have ever heard. No matter though - I haven't seen a proper half-and-half livery design in ages, and you've executed it properly!

In conclusion, I have never learned so much more about tobacco/alcohol brands other than today, especially the brands that I've never heard of!

Massive congratulations to @Cytoria, @NBDESIGNZ, and @wowbaggerBR for leading the Volkswagen Group into dominating the 53rd GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition.

And a massive thank you to @Cytoria for the theme opportunity and for hosting the contest, and to every single person who entered, watched, and voted in this competition. Your participations are second-to-none and are highly appreciated.

Until we all meet again in the next poll thread. :cheers:

Many, many apologies for responding to this thread a tad bit too late. Unfortunately I have been murdered by my online classes (and the assignments that followed suit) for the past few weeks, but no matter. Here's a review to sum up all 35 wonderful entries in this competition:

#01 @Greycap - First entry of this competition and almost immediately, the bar is set very high. This is by far the best modern-day interpretation of a Rothmans livery that I've ever seen.

#02 @baldgye - I'll be honest, I'm ashamed to admit that I have never heard about Carling. But of course I'm not going to dismiss a wonderful creation due to my own setbacks. You do learn something new everyday after all...and as far as the cigarette packets are concerned, you've done a clean and brilliant job at interpreting that very design to the DBR9.

#03 @Racerx_34 - Creating an original twist of an already-famous livery is a no-slouch job. Painting the white bits of the TGR livery to yellow to reflect the Benson & Hedges AND the DHL sponsorship is just pure genius.

#04 @Slender_Man - The litle details are so amazing you'd think this JPS car actually raced in modern-day GTLM. Loving the red accents too - judging from the real life cars, I think they're supposed to represent the Porsche Design branding? Do correct me if I'm wrong.

#05 @CorvairGuy69 - I'm staggered at how much the Jagermeister livery looks so right at home in the M6 GT3. Simplistic, yet iconic. I'm a fan of the minimalist sponsor stickers.

#06 @StPeterMartyr - Marlboro colors somehow always looked good on open-wheelers, and this entry just confirms it. And on the other hand, I can totally see BRM running as a Super Formula team if they still exist today...

#07 @ro_har_ - A highly unique take on the Mission Winnow sponsorship with dark accents. Wonderful.

#08 @teensonacid - I'm getting strong YellowHat Supra vibes from this livery - in a good way. And on the other hand, the yellow/white/black combination on the rear quarter made me think of a half-empty glass of Sapporo!

#09 @AngryKowski - Some might argue that the West livery belongs to a McLaren, but I digress. This is a very, very well-done interpretation. Huge fan of the gradient work in this one, and I'd go as far as saying that this is one of my favorites from this contest.

#10 @Noisy26 - Stella Artois' red/white/gold colors sort of reminds me of the Gold Leaf colors. The "fizzy" details on the lower part of the car is a very nice touch.

#11 @TommyKaeselau - I love the NASCAR-esque approach on this livery. The decal placements might not be everyone's cup of tea, but considering the oval racing roots of this livery I'd say that's a very well-thought detail.

#12 @Adam Barber - I must admit, Old Speckled Hen is a brand I've only heard about just now. I like the livery's very clean and simplistic looks, while also keeping true to the Old Speckled Hen's bottle can design.

#13 @Nuschel01 - I've seen so many interpretations of the Asahi sponsorship in this game, but this, in my opinion, is the best one yet. I'd say that this car radiates so much Super Taikyu energy!

#14 @Nuno Kopio - Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. This "remastered" RA106 (I might get the car mixed up, do correct me if I'm wrong) livery with the Lucky Strike colors perfectly illustrates why GT Sport needs a new "Formula Gran Turismo".

#15 @Baliwa - While Silk Cut's rebranded modern image might not be as cool as the Silk Cut we know and love as seen on the Jaguar prototype racers of the past. But the fact that you've made a brilliant livery using the modern logotype and styling made me rethink of my former statement. Well done!

#16 @NBDESIGNZ - Okay, Delirium is definitely new for me. But still, the blue-white-pink colour combination does make the car stand out very well above others. And when I say very, I mean it. Eye-catching in all the very good ways.

#17 @stepsinpairs - An original design based on an original team sponsored by Nikka Whisky - another brand I've only heard about just now. The NISMO stripes/accents (especially on the lower body red stripe) are a nice touch!

#18 @AlexWilmot - Never in my life I thought that someone would enter this competition by resurrecting a famous constructor with its most well known cigarette sponsor, on of all others, a Red Bull car! Bravo!

#19 @VulcanSpirit - Kopparberg Apple Cider's color scheme rather reminds me of John Player & Sons, which isn't necessarily a bad thing especially when painted to an open-wheeler!

#20 @KK78 - I love the red accents tracing the body lines, and the Havana Club logo placements on either sides are genius.

#21 @rsrgse - Simple yet extravagant. The lone Peroni sponsorship on the Huracan GT3 gives off a nice "private entry" race car vibe!

#22 @D-Max - A brilliant, eye-catching Jack Daniels livery with realistic and contemporary sponsorship placements. I love it. The color combo and the stripes just works.

#23 @ringkurier - I'll be honest, I was gutted and felt bad when you had to retire your previous entry for "not being Sport Mode compatible". But then you came up with this Absolut Vodka-sponsored masterpiece that would look right at home on the ADAC GT Masters grid. The white/cyan(?) colorshift with gold wheels look eye-pleasing and *exactly* right.

#24 @Raphaele - This Yamazaki Single Malt SF-R caught my eye for one good reason - and it's not for the equally brilliant gold accents. I highly, highly admire the clever placement of the "Aged 18 Years" moniker that doubles as the Sport Mode number plate. That's plain genius!

#25 @lauriebeamont - Very well-executed negative masking job here. Highly reflective of Iona Gin's bottle design! (pun not intended)

#26 @wowbaggerBR - This is perhaps the best modern rendition of the Martini livery that I've ever seen. You weren't afraid to throw the classic Martini stripes to the bin in order to create a sharp, modern design that's very reminiscent of the original.

#27 @cderekw19 - I might be on the verge of learning something new everyday because I have never heard of Yuengling before. In all seriousness though, you've captured the brand's image very well - I love the usage of chrome paint on the wings!

#28 @Nearlander - This has got to be one of my favorites. I was surprised that no one tried to make this livery on the 650S GT3, but I was even more surprised to find out that the Gulf-Davidoff paint job works so well on the 458 GT3. Amazing job.

#29 @autonomous - If only PMI and their "Mission Winnow" went to sponsor McLaren again instead of Ferrari, I can totally see this happening in real life. Probably the best modern rendition of the Marlboro livery I've seen so far.

#30 @Bungabine - I love how you're going with the contemporary Mission Winnow branding with your livery. The greyed Union Jack blends very well with the rest of the car, and that "Smoking Kills" sign is the icing of the cake.

#31 @GTAndy36 - Took a quick Google search of Innis & Gunn to make me realize how much of a brilliant job you've done incorporating the brown streak patterns around the whole car. The smaller sponsor sticker placements are very neat and either blend in or keep the overall design clean.

#32 @Cytoria - Interesting how a Rooster Rojo Tequila-sponsored car also exists in real life (which I assume highly inspired this livery) yet you've made one that looks a whole lot better than the real car. Perhaps the blue streaks have done a great job in complimenting the design as a whole, compared to the real-life J2 Racing AMG GT3 comprised of only red and black colors!

#33 @Higny - This entry has got to be the most clever interpretation of the contest rules. I did say that it had to be a tobacco/alcohol sponsorship, but then again I didn't say whether if it had to be real. Like they say, you just can't get enough of that wonderful Duff. Well done you!

#34 @PrinsvOranje - I've been waiting for someone to do a modernized Gold Leaf livery and I'm not disappointed. Loving that bonus picture too.

#35 @Sian - Wrapping up this livery editor competition is probably the most foreign alcohol brand I have ever heard. No matter though - I haven't seen a proper half-and-half livery design in ages, and you've executed it properly!

In conclusion, I have never learned so much more about tobacco/alcohol brands other than today, especially the brands that I've never heard of!

Massive congratulations to @Cytoria, @NBDESIGNZ, and @wowbaggerBR for leading the Volkswagen Group into dominating the 53rd GTPlanet Livery Editor Competition.

And a massive thank you to @Cytoria for the theme opportunity and for hosting the contest, and to every single person who entered, watched, and voted in this competition. Your participations are second-to-none and are highly appreciated.

Thanks for the theme and the feedback. One of my favourite themes/designs so far.

Thankyou for the review bud. Reading someone appreciate the time and effort put into the liveries gives a real boost.

Thank you so much for your feedback and the time you spend on that!

Yes, I'm still mad at myself for making something not Sport Mode friendly, and then it was a LEC entry I was just too stupid to read :banghead:

Please don't ask about colours, I'm colourblind and slowly everything is getting grey to me :lol:. Was quite fun to give the R8 a more or less "real" look.

Really enjoyed this theme and all the great entries, you made a excellent choice!

:gtpflag:

Thanks for the kind review and the exciting theme. See you in the comps.

:gtpflag:

I knew almost nobody would have never heard of these brands!
Maybe only French people who came to Nice for holidays! :D

Both are small local producers but make very good beers and pastis, try them if your life gives you this chance! :cheers:

Thanks for the feedback and kind words, it wasn't my greatest livery due to the lack of time but it's been a pleasure to do something for this great theme and to collect some more great liveries for my collection! 👍

Big up to @Raybrig100,
@Slender_Man, @Bungabine, @teensonacid, @Higny, @TommyKaeselau and @SunRam for their votes! :cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back