• Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
lec58 banner.png

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we will pay a tribute to the seventies. Last winner @GTRacer22 set this theme, here are the details :

« The late 1970s saw some of the craziest silhouette racers come to fruition in the Group 5 category. From the famous Porsche 935 to the loud and rumbling Greenwood Corvette, these racers tore up racetracks around the globe with their meaty rear tires and over exaggerated bodywork. Something about these cars just makes me fall in love... they're loud and obnoxious, and they light up the tires in 3rd gear - I could go on forever!

Your task this week is to take this classic and unforgettable time period in motorsports and bring it into the 21st Century through the means of modern race machinery. »

CARS :
- Any race car built after 1999.
- For Gr.3 cars without actual years, just use the year of the model the car is based on.

LIVERIES :
- Original or replicas.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- If you create an original livery, try to stay as close to the style of the 70s Group 5 machines as possible - nothing too modern.
- In all cases, try to use 70s period correct decals.
- Sport Mode compatible is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Two Bonus Pictures allowed.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on July 16, 2020 (23:20, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave two weeks for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

Please take the time to open all the spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the best way for most of them.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06
View media item 64439View media item 64428 _____________________________________

Poll Option #07
sld1.jpg

sld2.jpg

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15
View media item 64564View media item 64565 _____________________________________

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

50066936102_2f87a0908a_z.jpg

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22
View media item 64697View media item 64696 _____________________________________

Poll Option #23
View media item 64706View media item 64705 _____________________________________

Poll Option #24
art1.jpg

art2.jpg

art3.jpg

art4.jpg

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29
lead1.jpg

lead2.jpg

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32

Last edited:
Just wow. That was an amazing round, thank you to everybody! You guys made a excellent show!

I had a really hard time to decide, everytime I looked at your entries I had other favourites.

Really sorry for having only three votes....

#9 The original was crazy, putting this livery on a FR Lexus even more. Looks amazing, thank you for taking a risk!
#19 My voting for this cause I tried to do the same and failed miserably. Also this triggers my soft spot for 80s italian cars. And, even better, it is based on a Lancia :embarrassed:
#27 Oh yes, exactly this is how Liechtenstein would have done this on the M6. Brilliant job!

8, 19 & 27. Perfect execution on these liveries. I say it every voting round, but once again it's just so hard to narrow it down. I could have voted for half the lineup easily. You guys are incredible. I'm proud to be part of this little livery community. :cheers:

My pickings were:

#12 @lauriebeamont : you did something I was interested in trying, but dropped out due to not exactly knowing how to pull it off. That art car is really a testament of your craftsmanship and I loved specially because I knew I couldn't do it.

#14 @AngryKowski : it is not the shiniest and it isn't the most complicated, but it is nicely put together and I could 100% see BMW making this as a official livery in some sort of tribute for their older car. It's not the shiniest, but it is the classiest this time around.

#31 @Noisy26 : well, what more can I say than the popular vote? Your livery is kinda like what every livery wants to be: perfect. It does have a retro style to it, but at the same time, fits nicely in a modern car. I really great job!.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to post an entry❓

HOUSE of KOLOR R18

Attachments

• CollageMaker_20200712_154628846.jpg
    CollageMaker_20200712_154628846.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
If it stays that way!

Well-deserved winner, beautiful lines, I really like it.
#31 Deserved 2nd place, but only an almost perfect copy, Skeeter McKitterick is missing on the roof and the GT2 Logo on side. ;)
#27 I personally don't like it, but it's time-consuming, but still deserves 3rd place.

My personal favorite #10 :lol:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 13.29.15.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-16 um 13.29.15.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 10
Again a zero :eek:

But I ain't mad, so many great entries, so many possibilities. What a magic round!

Congratulations to @Cytoria and his beautiful executed Lanciaghini!

Well.. sometimes one looses and sometimes others win :)
We‘re both on the 0-vote boat this time :lol:

Make that three, just the quality of entries was really high.

If it stays that way!

Well-deserved winner, beautiful lines, I really like it.
#31 Deserved 2nd place, but only an almost perfect copy, Skeeter McKitterick is missing on the roof and the GT2 Logo on side. ;)
#27 I personally don't like it, but it's time-consuming, but still deserves 3rd place.

My personal favorite #10 :lol:

thanks for the vote! Ran out of time before I could make a curved skeeter decal, and the GT2 went to the back because the RSR didn’t have near enough room behind the rear wheels.

Again a zero :eek:

But I ain't mad, so many great entries, so many possibilities. What a magic round!

Congratulations to @Cytoria and his beautiful executed Lanciaghini!

Well.. sometimes one looses and sometimes others win :)
We‘re both on the 0-vote boat this time :lol:

Make that three, just the quality of entries was really high.

All aboard!

I didn't expect to get any votes once I saw the quality of the other entries.
I liked my entry and alt designs, based on my favourite K3 Porsche,
but I figured a basic livery combined with the wrong choice of category meant nil points.

Wow ... just wow!

Congratulations to @Cytoria - your livery is gorgeous and one I'd love to race in.
Thank you to everyone who voted for my livery. The standard in this competition is SO high, the liveries are not only beautiful, but brilliantly executed - this should be an official GT comp! Everyone who entered is amazing IMO - to come third in such company is nothing short of incredible.

I've never thought any of my livery efforts were really worth sharing, but this has been such fun to do and the group is so welcoming and encouraging, it's been an utter blast.

Thank you so very much! Stay safe and have fun :)

The winners’ post is updated.

Fun facts and stats:
- This is the first podium for @Noisy26 and @Simon Oxlade . We have now 65 different podium makers.
- This is the 11th win for @Cytoria , and 31 different winners.
- It’s the third time @Cytoria entered the LEC with a Huracan GT3... and the third win (LEC 3, LEC 12, LEC 58).

- Lamborghini now have the same amount of victories as Porsche (with 6 winning designs).
- However, Lamborghini has only 8 entries in the Hall of Fame, where Porsche has 26.
- BMW has 14 podiums and 5 wins.

Fun facts and stats:
- This is the first podium for @Noisy26 and @Simon Oxlade . We have now 65 different podium makers.
- It’s the third time @Cytoria entered the LEC with a Huracan GT3... and the third win (LEC 3, LEC 12, LEC 58).

- Lamborghini now have the same amount of victories as Porsche (with 6 winning designs).
- However, Lamborghini has only 8 entries in the Hall of Fame, where Porsche has 26.

-I don't like the Lambo as a canvas. But yours with the perfect lines is the deserved winner. I not only look at the visual, but also whether the technical execution is at a high level. You can quickly see who is a professional.
-I don't like the center strut on the hood of the Porsche. So I always put the race number on the right. (see picture)
-My favorites are AMG-GT, Audi R8, Mustang, NSX, GT-R, Aston Martin, Supra or Z4 GT3

Attachments

• Porsche-911-GT3-Advan-Design-v02.jpg
    Porsche-911-GT3-Advan-Design-v02.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 4981576100997005844_0.jpg
    4981576100997005844_0.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 14

Fun facts and stats:

And the Hall of Fame ist up to date now.

Back