• Poll closed .

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
F1 REJECTS RACE AGAIN

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, the losers will be back. Last winner @wowbaggerBR set this theme, here are the details :

«They didn't have the money, they didn't have the talent and, most of the time, they didn't have any clue. But still, as unsuccessful as they were, they hold a special place on our hearts because they were hopeless, damn slow and unreliable, but sometimes had pretty beautiful cars to show around.

Your job this fortnight is to pay tribute to small and unsuccessful F1 teams from the past and bring them back to Life. You can choose any team you want, provided it isn't running today and that it has never finished on the podium (sorry Arrows and Leyton House fans).

Although single seaters are encouraged, you may use whatever racing car you want. You can make replicas, original creations, reinterpretations, tributes mashing up different designs from a specific team and whatnot. Give some love to our beloved underdogs.»

CARS :
- Single seaters are ideal, but you can use any race car you want.

LIVERIES :
- Original creations or replicas allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- You are free to create, but your livery must be linked to an old F1 team that fit the rules
- Sport Mode compatibility is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Two Bonus Pictures allowed.
- One picture must be taken at a F1 track location (race photo or scapes).

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

POLL : THE RULES

The poll will end on August 6, 2020 (22:40, CEST/GMT+1)
(5 days to vote, and this will leave two weeks for the winner to set up his theme.)

You can vote for 3 entries.
You can NOT vote for your own work.

Please take the time to open all the spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the best way for most of them.

POLL : THE ENTRIES

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17
sld3.jpg

sld4.jpg

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19
nat1.jpg

nat2.jpg

nat3.jpg

nat4.jpg

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Last edited:
6: I like the half and half design of two forgotten teams that only existed for one year. Also the half and half is a slight throwback to the 1999 BAR.

10: Really like the Super Aguri liveries and this one is the best I've seen. Really captures the short lived and awesomely named team.

18: Love the idea of redesigning a classic livery and this really embraces the MTV sponsorship of the original car.

Great to see so many amazing designs. You guys made my theme a reality and I had a blast following all the entries, hoping to see my favorite backmarkers remembered. Some of them were, some of the weren't and I can't believe that you guys missed the LEC team from 1977: LEC! And their original livery was kinda nice looking.

Anyway, I had to choose just three, but that came only after some shortlists: the first had nine entries, the second six. My three picks and my three honorable mentions follows:

#05 @Racerx_34 : Minardi is the soul of the hopeless backmarker team and you did an outstanding job in creating what could very well be a Minardi racing in 2020 with its more traditional colors and Lambo engines. And your design is a great use of the Alpha Tauri brand without falling into the common place of every damn Alpha Tauri livery out there.

#12 @Adam Barber : you did exaclty the sort of thing that I like the most on LECs: you went outside the box and used the rules to your advantage to bring us a Subaru Coloni. Maybe Coloni could develop into something like Prodrive, being a extremely respectful team in rallying with Subaru.

#18 @lauriebeamont : your livery made me abandon my Simtek reinterpretation because since I saw yours, I simply cannot avoid just replicating your ideas. You got the color just right and it has a special feel to it because its eXtremely 90s, but I don't think it would look out of place on a current day grid.

Honorable mentions:

#13 The original Lolas from 97 looked hideous to me back then, but somehow that design grew on me and your realisation of it on the Super Formula is incredibly well done, specially taking into account the work done to match the shapes into a more curvy body.

#23 If I had the option to vote for four entries, yours would be into my pickings. Manor in F1 was always associated with black and red, but what I like in your interpretation is that I can see a Manor, but with different colors and some new sponsors. That's a very well thought out work and something that could very well be a 2020 Manor F1 car.

# 24 Absolutely amazing work into making a car from the 70s look so good into a VGT. I can't even make a bland and simple "works team" livery on that car and you made this, bringing back to life an obscure F1 team. Respect, because I couldn't do anything like it!

Great to see so many amazing designs. You guys made my theme a reality and I had a blast following all the entries, hoping to see my favorite backmarkers remembered. Some of them were, some of the weren't and I can't believe that you guys missed the LEC team from 1977: LEC! And their original livery was kinda nice looking.

Anyway, I had to choose just three, but that came only after some shortlists: the first had nine entries, the second six. My three picks and my three honorable mentions follows:

#05 @Racerx_34 : Minardi is the soul of the hopeless backmarker team and you did an outstanding job in creating what could very well be a Minardi racing in 2020 with its more traditional colors and Lambo engines. And your design is a great use of the Alpha Tauri brand without falling into the common place of every damn Alpha Tauri livery out there.

#12 @Adam Barber : you did exaclty the sort of thing that I like the most on LECs: you went outside the box and used the rules to your advantage to bring us a Subaru Coloni. Maybe Coloni could develop into something like Prodrive, being a extremely respectful team in rallying with Subaru.

#18 @lauriebeamont : your livery made me abandon my Simtek reinterpretation because since I saw yours, I simply cannot avoid just replicating your ideas. You got the color just right and it has a special feel to it because its eXtremely 90s, but I don't think it would look out of place on a current day grid.

Honorable mentions:

#13 The original Lolas from 97 looked hideous to me back then, but somehow that design grew on me and your realisation of it on the Super Formula is incredibly well done, specially taking into account the work done to match the shapes into a more curvy body.

#23 If I had the option to vote for four entries, yours would be into my pickings. Manor in F1 was always associated with black and red, but what I like in your interpretation is that I can see a Manor, but with different colors and some new sponsors. That's a very well thought out work and something that could very well be a 2020 Manor F1 car.

# 24 Absolutely amazing work into making a car from the 70s look so good into a VGT. I can't even make a bland and simple "works team" livery on that car and you made this, bringing back to life an obscure F1 team. Respect, because I couldn't do anything like it!

Thanks. Appreciate it

Well I have to say some amazing memories in this competition but entry number 7, 20 and 27 get my votes but there are many more there that I will bookmark to use in the game or GT 7 if that's allowed.

I won't participate for the next wee while as whilst I still have the will in my mind to play GT Sport/share designs my mental state is a bit tired of the game at the moment and I have moved over to F1 2020 and found a new challenge that I am enjoying (manual gear F1 racing).

Worry not though I shall still frequent the threads esp when GT 7 appears.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back