Enjoy Car Life
Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
DEAD BRAND RISING
full

THIS MONTH'S THEME:

Get your shovels ready, because you're doing some grave digging this time. This LEC's theme is all about brands and companies that no longer exist. The theme was suggested by @Hadyen and selected by @MatskiMonk for you all to enjoy. Let's hear what they have to say:

"What do Blockbuster, Toys R Us, PAN AM Airways & Plymouth all have in common? They don’t exist anymore! This challenge can either be period correct, or a modern relaunch, but your livery’s primary sponsor must be a brand that no longer exists. It can be a big international brand, a closed down local shop or anything in between!" - Hayden

CARS:
  • All Cars

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs only

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • ST]
  • Either period correct on older cars (as if the company was sponsoring a race car when they were successful), or a modern relaunch of a dead brand with potentially updated brand language.

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on September 21st, 2022 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03 - PS4 Pro
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05 -
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07 - PS4 Pro
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11 - PS4 Pro
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14 - PS4 Base

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18 - Playstation
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20 - Playstation
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22 - PS5 Raytracing
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #23 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #24 - PS5 Framerate
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #25 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #26 - PS4 Base
full

full

full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

:banghead:

☝️ Me when I scroll down every liveries to make a choice.
Almost 3 am here, I can't decide now, see you tomorrow...

Man voting get's harder and harder each competition.
Here's what I've gone with:

#01: What strong opener. I don't know the brand but the livery just looks amazing!
#06: This one can immediately enter Le Mans in the 90's, it just looks so right. Awesome work.
#13: after a lot of doubt I gave my third vote to this livery, really love the look of that brushed aluminium at the bottom. And again I think it could immediately enter a race back in those days and it would just looks right and would have become an iconic livery that we would all know these days.

Just missed my vote:
#25, #22 and #12
Amazing liveries created again, well done everyone!

If I could I would vote for 1, 2, 6, 7, 13, 19, 20, 24 and 25! 😅

Easy choice, I can withdraw my livery from this list! :D

5 more remaining...

@Nuschel01 does it mean we have to start again or do you leave it like that (I guess you wouldn't have said that if you could just change it easily)?

Last edited:
I just wanna take a minute to say that when I thought this theme up I had no idea what we’d be getting or if it would be well received. Most dying brands get bought out by an investor or competitor and the name carries on. So to find a company that has died properly, was relatively well known, and whose branding would look good on a race car is no mean feet!

I’ve gotta say I’m blown away by the creativity and out of the box thinking behind the designs this week, which has led to some of my favourite LEC entries ever! Congrats to all who entered.

#12 911- This one is super cool. It feels period correct and is a great example of how a simple idea, done well, can make a huge impression.
#15 BMW- Impact. That’s the best word for this one. It also feels period correct, not overdone and executed to a super high standard.
#24 Toyota- This one looks simple, until you really look at it. A great level of detail and a very cool take on a modern LMP. I’d never guess the brand is long dead by this modern style design, and that’s something to be very proud of.

Special Mentions
#25 Corvette- Beautiful retro curve work and colour pallet on a very suitable car. She’s a stunner for sure.
#8 RX7- What a cracker of a retro race car this one is. Great work with the gradients to set it apart and a very tidy design overall. Sorry to not give it a vote.
#13 Alpine- I’m really glad that we ended up with both a modern and retro Pan-Am car. They’d look awesome in a picture together! This design is extremely well executed and ties in with the era and aviation theme superbly.
#16 787B- It’s a hard game trying to replace one of the most iconic liveries of all time, but you’ve done a stellar job here. Colour combo is very nicely done and the vibe is dead right for the era. Great job.

Congrats to all the entrants for continuing to raise the bar! :cheers:

@Nuschel01 does it mean we have to start again or do you leave it like that (I guess you wouldn't have said that if you could just change it easily)?
I asked Jordan if he can change it, I can only change some other settings of the poll but enabling public votes would need deletion and a re-start of the poll.

So finally 7, 13 and 25 for me.

#7 probably because I'm not good at doing these kind of old American liveries (and I really wish I was) and this one seems so real to me it feels like it could have been a replica.
The colors, the decals, their size and placement, it's perfectly executed and this point is also true for the two others liveries I voted for.

#13 because both Pan Am liveries deserved a vote imo and I decided to chose one of them to make it easier for me and this Alpine is gorgeous and I love old cars.

#25 because I missed the post and I discovered it in the poll and my first reaction was "wow"!
Very realistic design too, it feels the time this car and livery could have existed!

Sorry for the others I mentioned, I wish I could have voted for 4 entries, #2 may not be the biggest wow effect but the design is perfectly done, based on the colors of the bag of this supermarket brand.
It also feels like this car could have run in a local rally championship!

Congrats everyone!

This experience has been amazing, I did mine just for fun and also, why not? But for me mine's a winner of course :lol:, but so are all the rest! So many amazing and very well executed creations submitted! Congrats and my highest compliments to all!

The question I always ask myself after I've submitted my entry is whether the entry
is exactly what the theme was asking for, then I have a look around at some of the
others to see who has nailed it. 6 and 13 are perfect executions of this LEC theme.

They both made me regret not going for an era specific entry rather than a modern reboot.

Some really cool liveries in this round - though it's always hard to critique work when you don't know the foreign brands (especially when they aren't around anymore). Regardless, great job everyone, and thanks for the votes!

#1 Mustang This one is mine, I’ll just say that I’m happy with it

#2 R5 Cool, vintage looking design. The colors pop, and bonus pics are great. Solid entry!

#3 Viper Great brand idea and nice execution. Not wild about the color shift, or graphic not extending through the hood.

#4 Tuscan Nice design, but the matte falls a bit flat for me. I think this livery would have looked so much better in gloss.

#5 Ford The blue and white go well together, and I like the graphic, however not knowing the company, or what they do/make I’m unable to judge how well it is represented. And why no bonus pics?

#6 911 This one got my vote. Love the theme, and the design absolutely looks like it could have been run in the 90’s. Very clean, except for that 1st bonus shot ;)

#7 Plymouth Very retro, totally passable as a vintage livery. The only thing that throws me is the color of the label on the hood.

#8 RX7 I really like this design, though I don’t know the brand. The fade is nice, and plays well with the stripes at the rear. Nice color match in the wheel (with some silver!)

#9 Vette Another one that I’d like to see in gloss. Well executed, but the matte makes it look a little too muted for my tastes.

#10 R34 A bit basic, but not bad. I’d like to see some silver wheels, and how about a bonus pic or two?

#11 Z Really nice looking livery. Love the red and grey, and bonus pics looks nice as well.

#12 911 Very close to getting my vote. Overall I really like it, but are there two different shades of blue on purpose? Bonus pics are hot, especially the 2nd.

#13 Alpine This is the winner for me! Like it so much I’ll probably run it on one of mine – with some silver wheels. Super clean, and the bonus pics are fire!

#14 GT The gold and black works for the brand, but just too much for me on the car. Well executed, just not my style.

#15 BMW Great classic looking livery, in my top 5 for sure. Colors really pop, and that 2nd bonus pic is really nice.

#16 Mazda Pretty clean, and I like the color choices, but does seem a bit basic in this field. Excellend bonus pics!

#17 Viper Nice fades, and overall pretty clean, but I’d honestly have a hard time picking out which is the main sponsor.

#18 Lambo The matte just kills it for me. Other than that, it is actually quite nice looking. The white lettering helps me get passed the black wheels.

#19 Pantera Great vintage livery concept. Love the little details (like in the pop up lights). Bonus pics are great. Just missed getting my vote.

#20 “Alpine” Very tight, sticker clean livery. Put some two tone wheels on there, maybe red/silver and I’d be all in. Bonus pics are great!

#21 RX7 Cool, vintage looking livery. It reads really crisp, I like everything about it except the wheel choice. 2nd bonus pic is hot.

#22 Supra Great looking entry right here. A little basic perhaps, but overall it looks very passable for the time period. Color choices really make this one stand out!

#23 Mclaren Very realistic, modern look for the brand. The blue and white pops, but the black wheels kill it for me. Love that 2nd bonus pic.

#24 GR010 Another great Pan Am livery…. yup. Very clean, modern take, unfortunately the other one edges you out with the vintage look. Still, a solid entry and great bonus pics.

#25 Vette This one got my vote. As a child of the 80’s and 90’s I think this one hit it out of the park! Very cool, period correct look. I don’t usually like fake vents, but they work well in the design.

#26 BMW I think being a former Cingular customer ruined it for me… bad memories lol. Clean, sticker quality look, though I really do despise solid black wheels.

Last edited:
#19 Pantera Great vintage livery concept. Love the little details (like in the pop up lights). Bonus pics are great. Just missed getting my vote.

So sad I missed your vote, I would have doubled my point(s) ! 😅

Thanks a lot for your constructive comments on everyone's "work" and the time you put into. Cheers

Last edited:
Some really cool liveries in this round - though it's always hard to critique work when you don't know the foreign brands (especially when they aren't around anymore). Regardless, great job everyone, and thanks for the votes!

#2 R5 Cool, vintage looking design. The colors pop, and bonus pics are great. Solid entry!

#3 Viper Great brand idea and nice execution. Not wild about the color shift, or graphic not extending through the hood.

#4 Tuscan Nice design, but the matte falls a bit flat for me. I think this livery would have looked so much better in gloss.

#5 Ford The blue and white go well together, and I like the graphic, however not knowing the company, or what they do/make I’m unable to judge how well it is represented. And why no bonus pics?

#6 911 This one got my vote. Love the theme, and the design absolutely looks like it could have been run in the 90’s. Very clean, except for that 1st bonus shot ;)

#7 Plymouth Very retro, totally passable as a vintage livery. The only thing that throws me is the color of the label on the hood.

#8 RX7 I really like this design, though I don’t know the brand. The fade is nice, and plays well with the stripes at the rear. Nice color match in the wheel (with some silver!)

#9 Vette Another one that I’d like to see in gloss. Well executed, but the matte makes it look a little too muted for my tastes.

#10 R34 A bit basic, but not bad. I’d like to see some silver wheels, and how about a bonus pic or two?

#11 Z Really nice looking livery. Love the red and grey, and bonus pics looks nice as well.

#12 911 Very close to getting my vote. Overall I really like it, but are there two different shades of blue on purpose? Bonus pics are hot, especially the 2nd.

#13 Alpine This is the winner for me! Like it so much I’ll probably run it on one of mine – with some silver wheels. Super clean, and the bonus pics are fire!

#14 GT The gold and black works for the brand, but just too much for me on the car. Well executed, just not my style.

#15 BMW Great classic looking livery, in my top 5 for sure. Colors really pop, and that 2nd bonus pic is really nice.

#16 Mazda Pretty clean, and I like the color choices, but does seem a bit basic in this field. Excellend bonus pics!

#17 Viper Nice fades, and overall pretty clean, but I’d honestly have a hard time picking out which is the main sponsor.

#18 Lambo The matte just kills it for me. Other than that, it is actually quite nice looking. The white lettering helps me get passed the black wheels.

#20 “Alpine” Very tight, sticker clean livery. Put some two tone wheels on there, maybe red/silver and I’d be all in. Bonus pics are great!

#21 RX7 Cool, vintage looking livery. It reads really crisp, I like everything about it except the wheel choice. 2nd bonus pic is hot.

#22 Supra Great looking entry right here. A little basic perhpas, but overall it looks very passable for the time period. Color choices really make this one stand out!

#23 Mclaren Very realistic, modern look for the brand. The blue and white pops, but the black wheels kill it for me. Love that 2nd bonus pic.

#24 GR010 Another great Pan Am livery…. yup. Very clean, modern take, unfortunately the other one edges you out with the vintage look. Still, a solid entry and great bonus pics.

#25 Vette This one got my vote. As a child of the 80’s and 90’s I think this one hit it out of the park! Very cool, period correct look. I don’t usually like fake vents, but they work well in the design.

#26 BMW I think being a former Cingular customer ruined it for me… bad memories lol. Clean, sticker quality look, though I really do despise solid black wheels.
Hmm. #9 My original entry was matte but the updated version in the poll is gloss because matte doesn’t work in the garage scapes.

Last edited:
Hmm. #9 My original entry was matte but the updated version in the poll is gloss because matte doesn’t work in the garage scapes.
That is odd, I would have sworn that it was matte black when I wrote up my comments, but when I look at it now it is clearly gloss (maybe a cached version ¯\(ツ)/¯ ). I often work from the original thread rather than the poll so I can see the creator's second post. I was right though... it does look better in gloss ;)

#22 Supra Great looking entry right here. A little basic perhaps, but overall it looks very passable for the time period. Color choices really make this one stand out!

Thanks for the kind words :) I've been running the livery as well as I spin out in the Le Mans race. For some reason, I simply can't drive that car.

That is odd, I would have sworn that it was matte black when I wrote up my comments, but when I look at it now it is clearly gloss (maybe a cached version ¯\(ツ)/¯ ). I often work from the original thread rather than the poll so I can see the creator's second post. I was right though... it does look better in gloss ;)
When I look at the original thread on my phone, it is still matte. Very strange.

Dang, not even one vote for #11, I should have stuck with my ENRON design.

RIP FRY'S

Congratulations to all 3 of the podium finishers, some great liveries by all this round :cheers:.

Think this is the highest I've placed in the few years I've been entering these LEC's on and off. Which is a pleasant surprise I didn't expect, so I appreciate the votes :).

Back