[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His speech is sure different from the usual ones you get. Fair play to him.

Like his election day victory speech, his eyes being totally glued to the autocue probably has something to do with it!

Forget the assassination stuff, the person actually pointing a gun at him is probably Mike Pence.........dare he try and go off script this time :lol:

Ah, so I'm not the only one getting that vibe?

This is all... very strange. He's changed gears again to a more inclusive tone, but that was some aggressive rhetoric.

Of course he ends on his tagline: Trump is a product as much as he is a person.

The wartalk was for the eradication of Radical Islamic terrorism.
It was a speech as American as it possibly could be. Patriotic.

If I close my eyes, this is almost a pitch-perfect Professor Frink impersonator.

He was really big on the protectionism, other governments will be very worried now hearing this speech about the potential for trade and global cooperation.

Not just the Americans... :lol:

Cy0x9kCXEAAwDFS.jpg:large
Bojo is a native New Yorker by birth.

Wait - did I just hear Senator Roy Blunt head of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Activities describe the US unequivocally as a "democracy" during the opening speech of the Inauguration ceremony? Has he been paying no attention to GTPlanet's "Presidential Election" Forum thread? Sad!
Did you also hear people praying to and thanking God for such a wonderful country and asking for His future blessings? Must both be true I guess.
Must both be in dispute I guess. Nobody seems to know for sure either way.

Last edited:
The state broadcaster (RTE) just cut to a break on their live coverage. They just had to pick the bunkhouse-iest guitar chords to play during the transition to the ads. :embarrassed:

I've been watching this one carefully:

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/315091-patent-office-head-to-keep-spot-in-trump-administration

The patent office director survives the transition between Barack O-figgin-Bama to Donald OMG Trump! Of all the transitions to survive, that's a beast! She did it though, and I think it's a testament to her work and to both Obama and Trump. To Obama for picking someone who would do a great job at a fairly non-partisan office, and to Trump for seeing past politics and keeping some continuity where a good job was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back