[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait - did I just hear Senator Roy Blunt head of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Activities describe the US unequivocally as a "democracy" during the opening speech of the Inauguration ceremony? Has he been paying no attention to GTPlanet's "Presidential Election" Forum thread? Sad!

Wait - did I just hear Senator Roy Blunt head of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Activities describe the US unequivocally as a "democracy" during the opening speech of the Inauguration ceremony? Has he been paying no attention to GTPlanet's "Presidential Election" Forum thread? Sad!

We have SENATORS amongst our ranks? :dopey:

Did you also hear people praying to and thanking God for such a wonderful country and asking for His future blessings? Must both be true I guess.

If an atheist wins the election, what is he/she going to do with his/hers left hand during the swear in?

Pence is official.
Cool. It just occured to me that if he had a son, and he married Sandra Oh's daughter, I might just be able to weasle an invitation to the Pence-Oh Wedding.

Did you also hear people praying to and thanking God for such a wonderful country and asking for His future blessings? Must both be true I guess.

Oh why not go with another one then, I'm pretty sure I heard him quote Jefferson as well, I didn't catch how much of it he recited though.

We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists. If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. I know, indeed, that some honest men fear that a republican government can not be strong, that this Government is not strong enough; but would the honest patriot, in the full tide of successful experiment, abandon a government which has so far kept us free and firm on the theoretic and visionary fear that this Government, the world’s best hope, may by possibility want energy to preserve itself? I trust not. I believe this, on the contrary, the strongest Government on earth. I believe it the only one where every man, at the call of the law, would fly to the standard of the law, and would meet invasions of the public order as his own personal concern. Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the forms of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question.

:P :lol: :dopey: :D

Here we go!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

:lol:

Absolutely ****ing hilarious hahahahahahaha

Oh boy, everyone better hope we really are a Christian nation because he is going to need all our prayers ;)

:lol:

If an atheist wins the election, what is he/she going to do with his/hers left hand during the swear in?

The bible has never been required, it's just tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back