[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This election really is becoming a massive joke isn't it? I can't wait to see what a dumpster fire the Democrat National Convention is. I really do hope Gary Johnson or Jill Stein make a big push and that one of them is somehow successful because at this point the US needs a third party and I don't even care which one it is.

what were the speechwriters thinking? It's one thing to rip off a speech by a distant or obscure figure, but plagiarizing the sitting US President's wife's fairly memorable, relatively recent presentation could not possibly have escaped notice.
Trump's defence is that any similarities come from the way both speeches "use common phrases". So his speechwriters are either plagiarists or completely impotent because they have nothing original to say.

Why am I not surprised, Melania probably couldn't write a school assignment let alone a speech.

Typical response from someone who obviously has not done their research on Melania.

- She's fluent in FIVE languages
- She studied and has a degree in architecture and design from the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia
- She's an internationally known fashion model
- She started and currently runs two very profitable businesses

I'd say a much more impressive resume than Michelle's, or anybody on this forum for that matter.

Forget the speech, the true tragedy is having Trump as the nominee. Watch all these middle to older aged women rock the vote in Clinton's favor now that she is not charged by the FBI.

What a joke, 4 more years of Obama at best, more like 4 more years of Obama without a leash.

Typical response from someone who obviously has not done their research on Melania.

- She studied and has a degree in architecture and design from the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia
- She started and currently runs two very profitable businesses

I'd say a much more impressive resume than Michelle's, or anybody on this forum for that matter.

LOL. You're perhaps a correspondent for Hello magazine?

Being of Slovenian heritage myself, I have nothing against Melania, other than the fact she demeaned herself by marrying Donald Trump. However ...

Being fluent in FIVE (!) languages is not that unusual an accomplishment for someone from a country like Slovenia. My mother was fluent in 5 languages.

As I understand it, she didn't get a degree from the University of Ljubljana, possibly because she was busy making money as an international model & hooking up with aging, repulsive billionaires.

Running two very profitable businesses? Could she just possibly have received a bit of a leg up by her association with the Donald?

Michelle Obama? She's an actual graduate of Princeton University & has a Juris Doctor degree from Havard Law School. She had a successful law career during which she met a young Barack Obama, whom she married, even though he was not a billionaire. I think most people would consider her a very strong, accomplished First Lady.

As for the resumes of anybody on this forum ... well if only some of us had been a little better-looking, we might have had a better shot at a career as international super models & we wouldn't be wasting our time posting on GTPlanet. :dopey:

Last edited:
This election really is becoming a massive joke isn't it? I can't wait to see what a dumpster fire the Democrat National Convention is. I really do hope Gary Johnson or Jill Stein make a big push and that one of them is somehow successful because at this point the US needs a third party and I don't even care which one it is.

Joke long started back around this time last year, when we were given the pick of the litter.

An entertaining article on Donald Trump and the revolt of the proles.
It explains Brexit as well as the Trump phenomenon.

http://www.unz.com/mwhitney/donald-trump-and-the-revolt-of-the-proles/

Some of this is true, however the driving factor in the success of Trump's campaign has been a visceral anti-immigrant, anti-muslim sentiment rather than a meaningful opposition to the "elite's" promotion of free trade. Trusting Trump, a man whose over-riding interest is, & has always been, himself, is a spectacularly wrong solution to the problems facing the US "middle class" (ie working class).

She's Slovenian. If she was something amazing it would be many more than five. I mean... FIVE.

A degree. Wow. They're really hard to do, right? I have two and I was drunk/absent for most of one of them.

Besides, outside her own claim to have a degree there is much doubt. It doesn't help that her alma mater doesn't actually exist.

One might say that you're predisposed to be suitable for that role or you're not, it's a tough job but the main part was done by biology. Having been a nude model isn't a problem (imo) despite there being many people who seemingly think it is.

LOL. You're perhaps a correspondent for Hello magazine?

Being of Slovenian heritage myself, I have nothing against Melania, other than the fact she demeaned herself by marrying Donald Trump. However ...

Being fluent in FIVE (!) languages is not that unusual an accomplishment for someone from a country like Slovenia. My mother was fluent in 5 languages.

As I understand it, she didn't get a degree from the University of Ljubljana, possibly because she was busy making money as an international model & hooking up with aging, repulsive billionaires.

Running two very profitable businesses? Could she just possibly have received a bit of a leg up by her association with the Donald?

Michelle Obama? She's an actual graduate of Princeton University & has a Juris Doctor degree from Havard Law School. She had a successful law career during which she met a young Barack Obama, whom she married, even though he was not a billionaire. I think most people would consider her a very strong, accomplished First Lady.

As for the resumes of anybody on this forum ... well if only some of us had been a little better-looking, we might have had a better shot at a career as international super models & we wouldn't be wasting our time posting on GTPlanet. :dopey:

She's Slovenian. If she was something amazing it would be many more than five. I mean... FIVE.

A degree. Wow. They're really hard to do, right? I have two and I was drunk/absent for most of one of them.

Besides, outside her own claim to have a degree there is much doubt. It doesn't help that her alma mater doesn't actually exist.

One might say that you're predisposed to be suitable for that role or you're not, it's a tough job but the main part was done by biology. Having been a nude model isn't a problem (imo) despite there being many people who seemingly think it is.

I'll take Michelle or Melania over Trump or Hillary. Can we make that trade? Is it too late?

The only silver lining I can find in Hillary winning is that we'd stand a decent chance of seeing both husband and wife separately impeached as presidents.

The only silver lining I can find in Hillary winning is that we'd stand a decent chance of seeing both husband and wife separately impeached as presidents.

I sent this to my wife with a comment about the silver lining for trump being that late night will have a field day. She responded to me just now with "the silver lining for each is that the other one lost".

A good friend of mine on the complete opposite political spectrum(if that is possible) saw me reading the paper the other day and said "you must be reading about politics" I said sure, it's a circus show to which she responded "good thing it only comes along every 4 years" :lol:

It is very funny but also a bit alarming what the presidential run has become.

FTFY

Despite their obvious charms, I'm afraid to say that I doubt either Michelle or Melania will stand much of a chance in the 2020 Presidential Election race against Kanye West.

I'ma let you finish - but given what's happened this time around, please, don't even joke about it. :ill:

"good thing it only comes along every 4 years"

Really? Feels like it's a 24/7/all-year/every-year thing. :confused:

At this point I don't care how wrong a man could be, I long for a stateswoman, something seemingly lost.

Corrected.

trump-star-wall1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back