Poll: what cars will you drive in GT:HD?

What car classes will you drive in GT:HD?

• I want to drive every single car. Give me everything.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Cars with at least 100bhp. Classic sedans, modern coupes, whatever.

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Sports cars. Give me at least a Tiburon, 150bhp.

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Performance sports cars, with at least 250bhp. If it doesn't have at least the muscle of a MkIV Supr

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • High performance sports cars or race cars, 295bhp or more. BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini are t

Votes: 29 26.1%

• Total voters

Tenacious D

GT5 Standard rapscallion
Premium
United States
U S A
Tetsumura
Nigel Fox
John, our opinionated Texas boy, poses an interesting question. How many of us want to forget all about the daily driver in the upcoming GTs, especially GTHD if Polyphony sends us an empty game to fill as we please?

As for myself, I will drive as much as I can. But if buying cars becomes prohibitively expensive, I'm going to forego what I call the "dink mobiles" like the old Suzukis, trucks, hybrids, SUVs and classic muscle cars, except for possibly a Mustang or two, Camaro and Corvette.

I'd focus on the Japanese cars first, like Toyota Supras, Mazda RX-7s, Subaru WRXs, Mitsubishi Evo IXs and 3000GT VR4s, Nissan 240SXs and 350Zs, Skylines... :D You get the idea. Then I'd head to Europe for Lotus, BMW, Ferrari and what not, then to the rest of the world to pick up some rides like the Tiburon. So personally, I'd be a sports car and race car freak. How about you?

In both GT3 and GT4, I've had more fun goofing off in bone-stock Miatas, S13 Silvias, Truenos and such, than I have in souped-up Supras, Skyline GT-Rs, and racecars.

Without "slower" cars to choose from, there would almost be no reason to choose Gran Turismo over any other racing game/sim.

Cars with 100hp or above of course. All cars is a waste of time cause it simply takes to long to get around a track in some 650cc k cars.

I found in gt2,3,4 that it was more fun to drive cars like the s2000 lotus elise s15 silvias and evo's then those 400hp + monster cars.

Without "slower" cars to choose from, there would almost be no reason to choose Gran Turismo over any other racing game/sim.

I agree. In many sims Ive driven, the "slowest" cars are eslises and the like. These are by no means slow. Slowish cars arent all bad. Plus, theyre cheap.

Another thing that is good about "slow" cars is thier tuneability. It is fun turning a slower car into a fast one.

id rather have all the american cars, including the trucks, suvs, and muscle cars. im not real into the Japanese tuners or supercars so much

I want to drive every thing, Sorry for telling, Couldn't hold it in!!! I do have to have every Color Ferrari in my garage first and formost, The sound of a Ferrari up and down shifting just runs chills through me......

The cars I plan on persuing in GTHD(hoprfully they'Ve all been added)...........2006 Benz CLS65, 2007 Benz CL65, 2007 S65, Maserati GT sedan, BMW 7 series, Camaro Concept, Challenger Concept, 2006 Vetti(Corvette), Ford F-150 Off Road, Range Rover Sport,2007 V8 Vantage, some old school vintage musclecars (hopefully some Caddies have been added also), Gotta have a couple new Ferraris, NIKE car,a couple motorcycles, and thats it, if these cars are in the game they will never leave the garage once acquired!! I quess that will save on the download cost:) :) 👍

This is wild. I hadn't expected to see almost two-thirds response for everything! John would be so proud of you guys.

I am very sympathetic with Zdenko myself. I'll sure race everything once, but those old, little cars are almost excruciatingly slow! Plus trucks and SUVs are too big, hybrids have no torque, you know the drill. My heart will always be in the sports car area of the garage, even more so than the supercars and racecars. You know I'm going to be all over the Ferraris, I was in Forza, but I can have just as much fun with an RX-7 or 240SX hatchback I tune a bit. Especially if I can race mod and paint the baby up! :D

With the goal of Polyphony to put 770 plus cars in the garage when it's finally done, I'm pretty sure that there's going to be something there for everyone. That's 80-90 more cars than were in GT4.

100+.

Do we really need Ford Ka, Suzuki Alto's and such?

...........Wait!

I've just realised the Daihatsu Copen as less than 100hp. I want to change my vote :grumpy:

If PD have gone to the effort of putting it in the game, then I'll go to the effort of driving it.

I hope they put a nice mixture of makes/models and nations in the game.

Make it a true interactive encyclopedia. Include the Mustangs like the Mach 1s and the Bosses.

Agreed.... Some old Mustangs would be insanely cool... Then we could recreate the Car Chase from Bullit - Seattle style !...

And of course I'll be driving medium powered cars. S2000, Turboed Miatas for the slides and such... And of course, both the Benz Evo IIs (Street and DTM) - And the only track I'll buy is Nürburgring..... (It'll be the first at least)

-> I know you guys know my answer already (look on my sig). I'd like to drive/race every car in existance that I feel like lapping 'round the track, I'm quite a random guy when picking certain cars. Like right now I'd like to to use the stock RX-8 around the Nurb. right now since I haven't played GT4 for 3 weeks. (:

Agreed.... Some old Mustangs would be insanely cool... Then we could recreate the Car Chase from Bullit - Seattle style!

^ PD can just make a San Francisco point-to-point track (based on Bullitt; aquire the Mustang, the Charger is already on their database, and do a on-on-one race. And voila! (:

If PD have gone to the effort of putting it in the game, then I'll go to the effort of driving it.
I hope they put a nice mixture of makes/models and nations in the game.
I said that in almost that wording about a year ago. I may not care to ever race a 60hp car again but by golly if Kaz and company cared enough to put it in the game, I'll honor that care and race it.

I'm also hopeful for more car companies from around the world. I dreamed last night that Saab was in the game, and some of my dreams come true so let's hope. ;)

Well I personally would want to drive everyhting at least once. Whether it be a stupid 1886 Mercedes or a Ferrari. They're all interesting to look at and drive. What i'm most interested in though, is driving sedans from the 90's and today and tuning them to be able to outrun a BMW. Taking a '95 Camry and putting alot into it would have a longer feeling of, "Ain't this FUN!" Just my 2 cents.

Sports cars and race tuned cars are my favorite. If PD gets the sounds of whatever Ferrari(s) they incorporate into GTHD, I just might find driving just one car (Ferrari F430??) on one track (Nurburgring) for many months (:D) before moving on with driving say a M3, Z06 (Hopefully the newer C6 Z but if not, just an updated Z06 would be nice..say 04'?), Zonda, DB9 and a few others that I can't think of right now!

Well I personally would want to drive everyhting at least once. Whether it be a stupid 1886 Mercedes or a Ferrari. They're all interesting to look at and drive. What i'm most interested in though, is driving sedans from the 90's and today and tuning them to be able to outrun a BMW. Taking a '95 Camry and putting alot into it would have a longer feeling of, "Ain't this FUN!" Just my 2 cents.

Why do ya wanna out run a BMW?-----------------)

4th Generation Honda Prelude
BMW M5
VW GTi
VW Rabbit
Toyota AE86

More than likely I will get other cars, but this will be my main group of cars to drive/race.

i want some more classic touring cars

if the zakspeed capri is in the game, i will have the biggest chubby in the world.

yer so classic touring cars/66-87 f1's (oh please PLEASE)/rally cars

thanks

The Zakspeed capri would be so awesome, That would surprise me big time to see that car in GT, That would be as suprising as seeing the tyrrell 6 wheeler, Great post, Haven't I heard of that car in a long time!

Attachments

• ZAKSPEEDCAPRIMAIN.jpg
    ZAKSPEEDCAPRIMAIN.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 15
  • zakspeed capri.jpg
    zakspeed capri.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 16
  • tyrp341.jpg
    tyrp341.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 12
I'd start with the V8s from any country, then I'd go up in the cylinders from there. After that, a select few I6s will be allowed (M3), and maybe an Elise to round out the cylinder counts. Other than that, I really don't feel the need to drive the slowest of the slow, although there are SOME sub-100hp cars that are fun (Ginetta G4, for instance).

All the cars better be in the game. With more accurate and believable exhaust notes. The Ferrari vehicle is going to bomb if it sounds like the Camaro with race cams.

Polyphony Digital needs to figure out that sound should be an equal partner in the "ultimate driving simulator".

All the cars better be in the game. With more accurate and believable exhaust notes. The Ferrari vehicle is going to bomb if it sounds like the Camaro with race cams.

Polyphony Digital needs to figure out that sound should be an equal partner in the "ultimate driving simulator".

Agreed! If they don't more accurately model the engine sounds of many cars (and adjust the levels so that they're louder than the tire squeals, dangit), especially the Italian exotics and the modified V8s, then I'm going to be extremely disappointed to the point where I probably won't drive the Ferraris very much at all. One of the main things about a Ferrari that gets your blood boiling is the sound of the shrieking V8 exploding in your eardrums as it downshifts to pass you. It will literally send chills down your spine. GT4's engine sounds haven't had anywhere near that effect on me.

That's all well and good, but how then can Polyphony indicate the edge of traction loss, other than an audible tire squeal? You have to remember that this is a virtual car, and you can't feel the car like you can a real car. The game has to compensate in ways that make sense to your senses to let you know how happy your car is with its grip on the road.

I like the way various sound channels are handled in Forza, but taken to its logical conclusion. Each element is given an audio level control, although you are only given certain ones you can set the level for. Perhaps Polyphony could let us tailor our audio experience as we see fit with levels for
  • Engine sound
  • Exhaust sound
  • Wind noise
  • Tire squeal
  • Collision sounds
  • Environmental sounds (trackside and beyond)
  • Window opening? (wind noise, not the electric motor or crank) ;)

Latest Posts

Back