POLL What settings do you use? Stock or Your own?

• Thread starter pimp racer
  • 14 comments

Which settings do you use?

• Stock .

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • My own "custom" settings or the ones that the fine folks at Gtplanet.net provide.

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters
Well this is my second poll and i was wondering what type of settings do you guys here use the stock or your own settings? Me i use the stock when doing a 2-3 lap race but in indurance i make my own cutsom or use the ones that people post here. So i will just say i use the stock settings mostly what do you use?

i customize my settings, but i have sort of an "average" for each thing. plus once i customize the settings on a car they stay that way no matter what the track is, unless i just feel like goin for lap records...

i usually customize settings...then, adjust for certain tracks or conditions.
lately tho'..i have been using stock settings on some cars just to see how
i can get them to perform. maybe, only giving them a flywheel..or a, sport
tire set, etc.
like real racing...its all testing..testing..testing !!

Mostly custom. But I use pretty much stock settings for the B and A license Nationals. For the B Nationals, I use stock suspension, tires, tranny, drivetrain, no LSD or traction controls...and power modifications 50hp below the max...so for instance at Midfield (196hp max I think) I'll only modify ad car till it has 146 hp or as close as possible. One exception is the B-license Moutain race...this one I'll allow car mods 30hp below max...those Lotuses and Minis are almost impossible to outmanuever, otherwise!

For the A nationals, I'll allow sport tires, suspension, & flywheel, single-plate clutch, non-customized LSD, stage 1 weight reduction, brake pads (but no modulator), and power modifications 75 hp below max. For the special races, I like being a bit looser...

The settings above will really help make the game a fair fight!

I used to race stock, then I got into more advanced racing in GT1 and started creating my own settings. I usually set the car up and then leave it for all races, the only exception is the gear settings which change depending on how long the longest stright is and whether I am getting full power ouit of the engine. In GT1 alot of the CPU cars have quick acceleration but low top end speed, Iusually go for high top end speed. There is nothing better putting several consistant laps together to catch a CPU car and then passing it on the straight cause it has maxed out.

TMM
I used to race stock, then I got into more advanced racing in GT1 and started creating my own settings. I usually set the car up and then leave it for all races, the only exception is the gear settings which change depending on how long the longest stright is and whether I am getting full power ouit of the engine. In GT1 alot of the CPU cars have quick acceleration but low top end speed, Iusually go for high top end speed. There is nothing better putting several consistant laps together to catch a CPU car and then passing it on the straight cause it has maxed out.

Yeah, I know in GT1, the high-powered Subarus are always maxing out! Also the Griffiths always have their damper settings way to high, which means they're too stiff, and can't get any speed up due to the fact that they're bouncing around too much.

some people have there own ideas in driving... either in drift or grip... but the most challenging part of driving the car is to master the road ahead of them... taking different angles acustomed to the car behaviour....

but personally i would seriously prefer mechanically tuned....
BUT.... stock settings for fun... :P

There's no way I'm driving around on stock settings. When I first buy a car or win one from the prize list, that car is immediately taken to a track (whatever I feel like at the time) and driven very aggressively on that track to see and feel the car's limitations. After a couple of laps, or maybe half of one, that car is then tuned based on how it performed during my test laps.....I just finished tuning my FTO LM for enduro. That was a pain. I've been away from this game for about 3 years and have suddenly put down my Flight Simulator 2004 and started back to racing.....Weird??

Just think how simple a game GT would have been if it had all been about stock car racing.

Back