[POLL] Your 3 Favorite VGT Cars (Jaguar added)

• Thread starter Lukanyon
  • 51 comments

What are your 3 favorite VGT cars?

• Total voters
Brazil
São Paulo
Corredor_Y
The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is here, and it has just become one of my favorite VGT cars. My criteria for evaluation is only the looks, and for me the Audi VGT does look good.
So I wanted to know what are the most liked cars by the community, and the reasons behind it. You can vote for 3 cars. I'll try to update the list when other VGT's are revealed.

My absolute favourite out of all the VGTs in GT Sport is the Infiniti VGT in flowing coral. I love the design of the car, and that colour is my favourite chip in any GT game so far.

Second is the FT-1 VGT. Not exactly an original creation from the VGT program but I used it a lot for GT racing back in GT6, and since it’s now in Gr.3 it’s a lot more useful. Also the sound was pretty good as far as sounds were back on GT6.

Third is the Tomahawk Gr.1. I love the addition of the LMP style shark fin and the usefulness of adding it to the Gr.1 class. The car really looks good as a prototype and fits in well. It sounds great, the cockpit view is great and it’s the VGT I’d prefer to drive in Gr.1

I haven't driven many of them either, so I voted for the Infiniti, Mazda and Audi just for their looks.
Of course, different people are going to have different ways to judge what are their favorite cars.

Seeing it your way I voted for chevy and alpine.

My absolute favourite out of all the VGTs in GT Sport is the Infiniti VGT in flowing coral. I love the design of the car, and that colour is my favourite chip in any GT game so far.

Second is the FT-1 VGT. Not exactly an original creation from the VGT program but I used it a lot for GT racing back in GT6, and since it’s now in Gr.3 it’s a lot more useful. Also the sound was pretty good as far as sounds were back on GT6.

Third is the Tomahawk Gr.1. I love the addition of the LMP style shark fin and the usefulness of adding it to the Gr.1 class. The car really looks good as a prototype and fits in well. It sounds great, the cockpit view is great and it’s the VGT I’d prefer to drive in Gr.1
I just can't like the FT-1 and the Tomahawk, for different reasons.

Seeing as the FT-1 was already a concept car before the VGT project and Toyota decided to only make a race version of it, I see this as laziness from their part for not bringing something completely new.

And the Tomahawk is too much "out-of-this-world" for me, especially the X (Technology) version.

Surprised to see so many votes for the BMW VGT. For me it's such a simple concept car. Maybe that's exactly why people like it.
Yes, this is why i like it, it actually looks like a BMW that could be on the road today, the only thing i don't like, is that it has no interior.
Many of the VGT cars is way to far out for me :lol:.

Yeah, the BMW is almost literally a cross between an M2, and an M235iR ... a virtual M2 CSL, if you will. As my livery page shows, I'm pretty obsessed with it :D You can push it really hard, but because it's got reasonably plausible performance it doesn't feel too OP. Plus, I think it looks fantastic.

Yeah, the BMW is almost literally a cross between an M2, and an M235iR ... a virtual M2 CSL, if you will. As my livery page shows, I'm pretty obsessed with it :D You can push it really hard, but because it's got reasonably plausible performance it doesn't feel too OP. Plus, I think it looks fantastic.
Maybe i have to sell my FT-1 VGT, it destroys all competition in the VGT races and maybe buy back the BMW, i use bumper cam, but i was a bit sad when i found out that the BMW dosen't have a interior.

Last edited:
Hard question to answer, most VGTs are useless to me and many remain untouched in my virtual garage.

But, if I had to pick 3 I’d say the BMW one is cool. The Mercedes is kinda nice too. And the Peugeot VGT and its Gr3 counterpart. Those are the ones I’d keep in my garage if I had to.

The FT1 was nice in GT6, but I haven’t touched it yet in GTS.

Yes, this is why i like it, it actually looks like a BMW that could be on the road today, the only thing i don't like, is that it has no interior.
Many of the VGT cars is way to far out for me :lol:.

For me, VGT cars need to hit a perfect balance between not being so much futuristic that you won't believe they would actually exist in the future (Chaparral, Tomahawk), and also not being so obvious about what the brand has to offer in the next months or years (BMW, Bugatti). The Audi hits that perfect balance. The LM55 too.

And yeah, it's a shame that lots of VGT's haven't got their interiors made. Don't know whether it's the brands' fault or PD's, but it is a shame.

It seems that on a purely styling exercise, the Infiniti VGT has got a lot of fans. The Chinese design team really did good work here. Its hard to quantify why its so popular relatively speaking.

However its a terrible car to drive... although it has 450hp its also close to 1,600kg and the drive model isnt good at all. The Iso Rivolta which I find terrible to look at is actually great to drive with only 1,100kg on board and it doesnt have the handling vices the Infiniti has.

If you want to go on pure driving, the two Golf VGTs are wonderful.

Maybe its the fact they have 550hp thru a 4wd SWB chassis but they damn blow away most other VGTs on an avg. race track. I use TC0 and they just dont really exhibit any bad traits.

They both look like 'low energy' low effort designs given they are just Golfs on big wheels big wings but someone thought seriously about how they should drive.

The 7 spd DCT has well placed gears too.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a list with all the VGT cars that don't have an interior? I know some got the interior treatment from GT6 to GTS but I don't know exactly which ones.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a list with all the VGT cars that don't have an interior? I know some got the interior treatment from GT6 to GTS but I don't know exactly which ones.
If you go the brand store and choose a car while the info about the car is shown in the bottom of the screen, you will get a camera view of the interior if there is one...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180410170017.jpg

it dosen't look like this car have a interior, because there is no view from inside of the car, i know the Toyota FT-1 VGT have a interior and you can also see it from the same screen:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180410170406.jpg

i could be wrong thought, i haven't bought the Mercedes in case it has no interior.

If you go the brand store and choose a car while the info about the car is shown in the bottom of the screen, you will get a camera view of the interior if there is one...

View attachment 729054

it dosen't look like this car have a interior, because there is no view from inside of the car, i know the Toyota FT-1 VGT have a interior and you can also see it from the same screen:

View attachment 729057

i could be wrong thought, i haven't bought the Mercedes in case it has no interior.
I forgot that the Brand Central shows the cars' interiors! Lol :lol:

Thanks for reminding me. I'm gonna take a look when I have the time. 👍

IMO the AMG is still the most distinctive looking and original of them all.

I also like the Mazda, the BMW and the Audi, but the latter is probably in my list because of the novelty factor. It's probably the reason why it's in 1st place too in the poll.

Latest Posts

Back