[POLL] Your 3 Favorite VGT Cars (Jaguar added)

• Thread starter Lukanyon
  • 51 comments

What are your 3 favorite VGT cars?

• Total voters
IMO the AMG is still the most distinctive looking and original of them all.

I also like the Mazda, the BMW and the Audi, but the latter is probably in my list because of the novelty factor. It's probably the reason why it's in 1st place too in the poll.
I was wondering that too. Although I think the Audi is a beautiful car, is it winning the poll because it's new? Time will tell, after all people are free to change their vote whenever they want.

I was wondering that too. Although I think the Audi is a beautiful car, is it winning the poll because it's new? Time will tell, after all people are free to change their vote whenever they want.
I'm pretty sure the Audi is winning because it's new. That's not to say it's a bad car, but the Merc, BMW etc. have been out for nearly 4 years... I'm sure the novelty factor plays into it.

New and maybe because it is also a real life car?

The Audi Gr.1 that I tuned to Gr.2 specs. Really fits the category(until we get modern DTM machines :) ).

I love the BMW for its proportions, but the M4 GT4 edges it, for me.

Just a comment to those that aren't judging, because they haven't driven all the VGT. I can't afford all the VGT in the game, but I can still look at them. Its like real life. We all can't afford million dollar dream cars, but we can judge them by aesthetics, sound, interior, how they make us feel.

When I was growing up, the Countach was the popular choice of dream car. I'm sure it's still a favorite for many, even if those many haven't driven it. Only food for thought.

I'm not really a fan of any of them, because they aren't production cars. The Gr. 3 Toyota FT-1 handles nicely, though; very easy to put the power down, even on the Nordschleife.

I remember when the Mercedes-Benz VGT debuted in GT5 (actually 6 I stand corrected)and made front page of many sites. The thing was stunning and still is.

Haven't driven her in GT Sport but in 6 it was really great to drive, incredible acceleration and grip out of the corners. All kinds of records were broken at sector 1 of Brands Hatch:cheers:

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me, but I think people who hold that opinion are missing point of the VGT program.
Well, lots of brands are missing the point too. The goal was for the manufacturers to make their vision of a concept GT car. However, some VGT's cannot be considered as GT cars.

I'm not really a fan of any of them, because they aren't production cars.
IIRC the EF7 is an actual production car and is going to be sold. But it's an exception.

I remember when the Mercedes-Benz VGT debuted in GT5
It actually debuted in GT6. There were no VGT cars in GT5.

I love the zagato, and the new audi hybrid is great too, the hybrid system is so strong its like some kind of space warp or something. the bmw is my 3rd vote. i think the whole program is great though

I've only made two nominations so far, the BMW and the Iso... and I only voted for the Iso because I thought it deserved at least one vote.

It's far easier to pick the few I don't like than my favourite!

Last edited:
I've updated the list with the new VGT, in case someone wants to change their vote.
Currently my favorite ones are Aston Martin, Mazda and Hyundai. :cheers:

Why is Jaguar VGT on the list before it arrives November? We the players haven’t got a chance to try it yet, don’t even know how it handles. Lol

My votes go to these following cars.

- Mazda LM55. When it first arrived in GT6, it was the first VGT that I have the most appreciation for. Sounds great, handles great, and I mostly used it whenever I do that 24 min race around Le Mans. And when this car got a Gr.1 version for GTS, I appreciated it even more than in GT6.

- McLaren Ultimate Vision GT. The first time I got to try this is in one of those Mission Challenges in GTS and the first thing I did is check the interior view and it wowed me. Also the car is very planted to the ground to the point where I'm taking those corners with ease.

- Fittipaldi EF7 Vision GT. I had the most fun out of this car when it comes to VGTs that are feasible to make in real life (wonder what happened to the Fittipaldi because the car was planned for production). The DWG gods blessed me by giving one of these and I was glad because I always wanted to fully own one in my virtual garage without having to spend a million.

So yeah those are my top 3 VGTs. The Jaguar meanwhile its on its way to becoming my favorite once it shows up via the November update.

Why is Jaguar VGT on the list before it arrives November? We the players haven’t got a chance to try it yet, don’t even know how it handles. Lol
Some people might like a car by its looks (myself included :lol:), that's why I've already put it on the list.

I vote for Mazda LM55. Reminder of the legendary 787.

dgdgdg.jpg

My Votes:

BMW VGT. I love the look of it, it just looks like a beefed up, race modified BMW, not like something from the distant future or spaceship. I can imagine it being driven IRL on city streets. Mine is Matte Black with some small red accents.

VW GTI(hatchback). Basically for the same reasons as the BMW. Honestly this should have been chosen for the GR.3 over the convertible one. I actually drove this around the Ring a bunch this weekend(in game lol) and it was an absolute joy to drive. This one I have powder coat black with the red accents.

Mazda LM55. Not sure I've ever driven the VGT version but this is my go to GR.1 car. I just love it. It was the only group 1 I could really handle when I first got the game and started turning off TCS. And since most GR.1 races are at Sarthe it's a great car because of the high top end. So even though it is slower out of the corners than the hybrids it can catch them on the straights with slipstream pretty effectively.

Back