Polyphony Digital Cup

• Thread starter Primax
  • 11 comments
I have just finished the first race and here is the writeup. I will add the rest in as i finish them. I encountered a little problem as you will notice on about lap 14.

Race 1 - Trial Mountain II.

Starting Lineup
1. Skyline GTR V-Spec R32
2. RX7- RS
3. Jaguar XKR Coupe
4. RX7- RZ
5. Corvette Grand Sport
6. R390 GT1 Road Car - Me. Yea its a little overpowered for the competition but I've beaten this once, I just want the f/094.

Pitting

Skyline - 5, 9
RX7- RS - 9
XKR - 5, 9, 13
RX7- RZ- 7, 13
Vette- 3, 5, 7, 9, 11
R390- none running on super slicks.

Problem occured on lap 14 when i accidentally pushed exit race during a pause. So here goes the restart.

Lineup

1. Elise 190
2. Camaro SS
3. Lancer Evo GSR T.M.E.
4. Impreza WRX STi
5. Skyline GT-R V-Spec R32
6. R390 GT1 roadcar. me again

Race play by play

Pit

Elise - 9, 18
Camaro - 11
Evo - 6, 11, 16
WRX - 6, 11, 16
Skyline - 5, 9, 13, 17
R390 - None

On lap 9 i lapped the wrx and slyline, lap 10 Evo, lap 12 camaro, lap 14 elise, lap 17 skyline and wrx, lap 18 Evo, lap 20 camaro.

After 5 laps lead - 30,952sec
10 laps lead- 109.423sec
15 laps lead- NA
20 laps lead- NA

Finish Time 30'50.589
Best Lap 1'29.858

Reslults
1. R390 + $50,000
2. Elise
3. Camaro
4. Evo
5. Impreza
6. Skyline

This race was no problem in the GT1. I lead from about the 2nd turn into the race till the end. The tires got to the yellow stage and stayed there for several laps until the end. I noticed the front tires wore away faster than the back but it was not a problem. On the first race, the vette was the fastest competition but due to the amount of pit time it couldnt keep up. I'll be back with the second race results later.

Race II - Midfield II

Starting Lineup - Same As Above

Race play by play

Pit

Elise - None
Camaro - 5, 11, 16
Evo - 5, 11, 16
Skyline - 5, 10, 15
WRX - 5, 11, 16
R390 - None

On lap 8 I lapped the Skyline and WRX, lap 9 Evo, lap 11 Camaro, lap 16 WRXand Skyline, lap 17 Evo, lap 19 Camaro.

After 5 laps lead - 35.938sec
10 laps lead- 112.346sec
15 laps lead- NA
20 laps lead- NA

Finish Time 26'34.156
Best Lap 1'17.537

Results
1. R390 + $50,000
2. Elise
3. Camaro
4. Evo
5. Skyline
6. WRX

The second race was just as easy as the first even thought the Elise did not pit. I tool the lead off the start and just kept getting farther away from the field. I did this race at about 2 a.m. so the lap times could have been better if I was a little more awake. I'll be back with race three.

A good solid start! Had a chance to run any more yet? Keep us posted, and good luck.

I'll tell you, I just started this series and choose to use the RUF CTR 2 at first. After seeing this car destroy the competition, I am going to restart this series using something a little less powerful. I am going to see how the RGT takes on the competition or possibly the Makinen Edition Lancer. I will update on how these cars go versus the comp.

Originally posted by miata13B
I'll tell you, I just started this series and choose to use the RUF CTR 2 at first. After seeing this car destroy the competition, I am going to restart this series using something a little less powerful. I am going to see how the RGT takes on the competition or possibly the Makinen Edition Lancer. I will update on how these cars go versus the comp.
The RGT makes for little/no competition as well.

What's the 'least' performance car you've won this series in, guys.

I used a stock NSX and won all the races pretty easily.

I tried a Subaru B4 and the tyre advantage isn't quite enough to get the big fella over the line - so I'm wondering what I could run that could make the series really interesting...

In my summer vacation I tried the PD Cup with the Nissan Z Concept, the same car that the AI uses often in this cup. I used stock tyres since the computer seems to use them too. When I entered the race the AI Z Concept was there too. So, on to racing. The first 5 or 6 races went so that me and the AI Z Concept had some close racing, and we even pitted on almost the same laps. I always managed to win by a few seconds though. So, In the 6th race or so I just suddenly couldn't keep up to the speed of the AI Z Concept anymore. There was no plain reason for the sudden rise in the AI's performance, unless I just suddenly started to drive crappier than before.

I remembered someone once talked about this, that the AI's performance level always rises in the last half of the races when you are racing a series. This was clear proof of it, I had also noticed it in some other championships, but this one could not be any more clear. We were racing stock cars, and suddenly the AI just turns faster.. :( Yeah right. So in the next few races I always finished second behind the AI Z Concept, I couldn't beat it anymore thanks to it's performance "boost". I would had used super slick tyres to retaliate on AI's cheating, but I hadn't bought them. After losing a couple of times, I calculated the points and the points that I would still get, and I noticed I couldn't win the championship anymore since I couldn't beat the AI Z Concept anymore. So, I got pissed and quit the championship there.

So, the lesson here is that, when you take a car that won't bring you an easy victory, remember to buy super slick tyres so you can equip them when the AI really starts cheating.

Back