Polyphony Digital is "Considering" Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 351 comments
Forza is on PC. Widens your audience, assuming you can afford the development time to port it over it’s a one and done thing and I don’t see any downside to it.

If Gran Turismo does become available on the PC platform, then I'll no longer have business in owning a PlayStation console.

That being said, Considering != Coming, but the implications are nice

I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love for it to happen, then even more sim racing equipment open up.

Jerome

GT on the PC would be the best thing for me. I rarely play console games, but play a ton of PC games and prefer it. It's be even better if it came out on Steam and you could play it on the Steam Deck.
I also want it on steam.
I use linux and running GTx with proton will be a piece of cake.

Good. Maybe someone can crack it to somehow run offline and we'll have mods. Not sure if this has ever been successfully done outside of the old Warcraft player servers, and I've no clue if it would even be remotely the same so it may not even be possible.

Ideally PD would release it to Steam as a game that can run offline and allow modding. It would legit be the best thing for the series; even Farming Simulator is HUGE these days and its not because there are millions of gamers that just adore the intricacies of farming, lol. Modding makes niche games mainstream as people will play damned near anything if they can dream of a way to alter it in ways the devs never dreamed of. It's not a guarantee that modding support equals longterm success, but it sure seems to happen often as long as the devs are supportive of the scene, release toolsets, etc. Will PD do this? Lol, of course not. But one can dream...

I want this so so badly. It's really just about the hardware support and opening the game up to so many more people that don't have PS specific sim hardware. Not a lot of people can buy hardware specific for console as well as PC.

I want to use my Invicta pedals with GT7 so badly.

Seems to run fine on a nearly 10 year old PS4 though?

Settings exist on PC, the game can just be dialled down. It's hardly a problem.
Runs fine...? ...stuck in loading/saving loop on start up, decal editor freezing, and horrible "stuttering" .... sure, ok.

In your defense the 5 still gets stuck in the loading screen on occasion, especially when resetting after a disappointing roulette ticket.
The PS4's hardware was worse than any gaming PC on the market when it came out 9 years ago, and GT7 runs on it.
And it should have been on latest generation equipment, not 10 yr old electronics with whining cooling fans and malfunctioning disc drives..

I think the shortage of the 5 may have played a part, but look gta5. That train wreck has been around since ps3, now on ps5, still dropping dlc now with rumors of gta6.
They dropped it on pc, and paid a "modder" 10k for is solution to the loading times, which ended up carying over to console updates.

The game is a train wreck on every platform. Glitches, mods, griefers, ddos' threats, and more squeaky children than an elementary recess, and gt7 public lobbies are that way lately with the chat b.s. and ramming. They complain about gta traffic, and then play fake traffic on gt7 🤣🤯🥴

We the community are just laughing at these lackluster updates. All the hype about 25th anniversary... they would have better off releasing gran turismo 5 "remastered".
(Complete with usb chassis swap program we used to swap back in the day)because let's face it...
We all just want those unpurchasable" items.
You know you will have quote "access" once the windows" boys get it...

Looking forward to PD stretching themselves thinner with this
Another studio will likely handle a PC port. God of War had its PC port handled by Jetpack Interactive rather than Santa Monica Studios. Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves's port was done by Iron Galaxy Studios.

Last edited:
I understand that this is a minority opinion, but as someone who has played the Forza series for a long time and seen what happens when a console only game is released for the PC, I say "No. Please don't do it."

Currently, FH5 is in terrible shape with cheaters doing whatever they want.
I don't want that to happen to GT.

I understand that this is a minority opinion, but as someone who has played the Forza series for a long time and seen what happens when a console only game is released for the PC, I say "No. Please don't do it."

Currently, FH5 is in terrible shape with cheaters doing whatever they want.
I don't want that to happen to GT.
Cheaters are not mutually exclusive to PC. There has literally been reports of cheating in GT7 as well as back in GT Sport which are both console only games right now.

Last edited:
Cheaters are not mutually exclusive to PC. There has literally been reports of cheating in GT7 as well as back in GT Sport which are both console only games right now.

This is not the same kind of cheating, Wangan is talking about memory edits, which allow for things like super speed or Super Formula aero on a road car.

Besides the GT Sport one about misbehaving players, where they say it’s prohibited to modify game data, which might not be about that per se in regards to the cheating that they banned the players for, the cheating in the links you provided, is exploiting glitches, which can be patched.

I don’t think cheating will be a big problem on PC, it’s online only which should curb it somewhat, and they could implement a check to verify the game files are unedited. If they’re not, then ban the user/refuse access to online.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense, PC has a very dedicated sim racing community and GT would be right at home. I hope they release it on PC, I don't really want to get a PS5 just for GT7. If it happens you will be able to play all sims on one setup.

Only considering it? Funny, @Nathan88 claimed months back that the port was already in progress.

disney classic GIF
They always dodge questions before an official announcement is made. I remember Yamauchi being asked about PS4 Pro few months before it released and he was like "PS4 Pro, what is that? I don't know anything" even though GT Sport was already being developed with it in mind. Just normal marketing.

Heh... try releasing the game on PC, and let them suffer downfall of them being disgraced by the deservedly acclaimed PC sim titles. Maybe dunno if they'd learn their lesson, but probably not, but deserved nonetheless to show that GT is overrated but not better than lesser known titles.

I would have hoped they were further along, these answers makes me feel like in typical PD fashion they have quite the ways to go. Maybe if the other Sony PC ports do well they'll push the pace

Yeah, Sony's PC ports are quite a mixed bag, only GOW, Horizon and Spider-Man saw success if I recall correctly

Good. Maybe someone can crack it to somehow run offline and we'll have mods. Not sure if this has ever been successfully done outside of the old Warcraft player servers, and I've no clue if it would even be remotely the same so it may not even be possible.

Ideally PD would release it to Steam as a game that can run offline and allow modding. It would legit be the best thing for the series; even Farming Simulator is HUGE these days and its not because there are millions of gamers that just adore the intricacies of farming, lol. Modding makes niche games mainstream as people will play damned near anything if they can dream of a way to alter it in ways the devs never dreamed of. It's not a guarantee that modding support equals longterm success, but it sure seems to happen often as long as the devs are supportive of the scene, release toolsets, etc. Will PD do this? Lol, of course not. But one can dream...

Wholeheartedly agree

Last edited:
Which is only a problem if you're into competitive online. Gran Turismo users are mostly single player, and so whether there's cheaters out there has no effect on their experience.

As someone who plays Forza on PC and has barely tried any of the online components, I've not run into problems with cheaters.

Also, there's just the option that they could fix the game to make it unreasonably difficult to cheat. Other games seem to be able to do it.

Which is only a problem if you're into competitive online. Gran Turismo users are mostly single player, and so whether there's cheaters out there has no effect on their experience.

As someone who plays Forza on PC and has barely tried any of the online components, I've not run into problems with cheaters.

Also, there's just the option that they could fix the game to make it unreasonably difficult to cheat. Other games seem to be able to do it.
Kaz doesn't think that way, and it shows as the online requirement. It's not like there is no precedent; PS3-era GTs are an excellent example.

As a completely casual person who has tried FH5 as their first Forza, I was quite shocked by the overwhelming cheating going on in leaderboards.

Last edited:
Back