Porsche 911 GT2 RS-Inspired Scuf Forza Elite Controller is $299

For these kinda guys...

3132990_700b.jpg

Chalk up the price to Porsche, most likely. Anything they approve with their name costs Ferrari-stupid money now.

You know why they charge so much for the controller? Because they can now it is up to you if you want to spend that money on it. For that you can get new PS4.

I mean, I could see the use of a Scuf controller for something like high level competitive FPS play on console. But for racing games, yeah, it'd probably be better to buy a wheel and pedals.

I mean, I could see the use of a Scuf controller for something like high level competitive FPS play on console. But for racing games, yeah, it'd probably be better to buy a wheel and pedals.

you need a controller for forza,.. wheel is not the way to go with that game!!

There is no doubt a wheel/pedal setup is the way to go for racing titles, but that doesn't mean you cannot still have fun racing with a controller. Plus, it's a satisfying challenge trying to be competitive on a pad against drivers using the good stuff.

Plus, this thing is pretty and absolutely a collectors item for any die hard Porsche fan. My pre-order is in.

Seems like the only reason to buy one of these, would be to flip it to a fanatic. But at $300, you'd be lucky to find a fanatic willing to pay retail.
I thought $150 was laughably ridiculous for the Elite controller already.

Having used the standard Elite controller with a PC I found it well worth its cost. Being able to remap the paddles to separate keyboard strokes allows for more functions. As we know, the more in depth these racing games get, the more buttons we need to utilize. My only problem with the standard Elite was the use of the rear lower paddles makes it difficult to actually grip the controller itself since there's essentially a button under all of your fingers. The Scuf paddle layout remedies that problem.

As for the Forza edition... Hey, it's a collectors item. It's not meant to be a great "value".

The Porsche controller is simply gorgeous. Pictures do not do it justice. The silver color faded to black under a flawlessly glossy smooth finish it just beautiful. Clearly, the intention was to mimic the look of an automotive paint job and I think they nailed it. The Alcantara grips are classy and cleanly cut & assembled. The striping and logos all seem well done and show no signs that they could wear or chip easily. Overall, the controller is high quality, but it's not perfect. My left trigger shows signs of a slight internal rub as it is depressed. If the pressure is made both in the trigger's intended direction and also inward toward the center of the controller it is non-existent though. Definitely some minor clearance issue there inside, but not a big deal, although that should have been caught in the quality control process. My only other complaint is in regards to the paddle design or more specifically, flexible layout options of the Scuf/Elite paddles. I REALLY like the top paddles on the standard Elite controller. I use them for up/down shifting when I'm pad racing. I feel they are in a very good position that is very quick to access and I rarely have accidental button presses. I feel Scuf missed an opportunity to design the shape of the Scuf paddle such that the standard Elite upper paddle could be used in conjunction with the Scuf inner paddle. This layout would offer the user a better grip on the controller body without the worry of accidental button presses of the standard Elite lower paddle whilst not losing the functionality of the lower paddle and retaining the naturally beneficial position of the upper. For me personally, that would be the best of both worlds type of resolution. Unfortunately, in factory Scuf form, the Scuf inner paddle makes contact with the standard Elite upper paddle causing the Scuf paddle nib to not reach the actual button underneath. However, for those willing to mod a collectors item for practical use, this contact can be easily alleviated with a little Dremel work. Overall, the controller is absolutely fantastic. It is jaw dropping beautiful upon lifting the case cover and most users will appreciate a better paddle layout. It's a great addition for any gaming Porsche fanatic.

Having used the standard Elite controller with a PC I found it well worth its cost. Being able to remap the paddles to separate keyboard strokes allows for more functions. As we know, the more in depth these racing games get, the more buttons we need to utilize.
You can remap the buttons with the regular controller on Xbox, so if you can't on PC it's because they don't want it to.

I think it goes without saying that not being able to map a controllers buttons is really more of a deliberate choice by the manufacture. It can't possibly be expensive to implement.

The Porsche controller is simply gorgeous. Pictures do not do it justice. The silver color faded to black under a flawlessly glossy smooth finish it just beautiful. Clearly, the intention was to mimic the look of an automotive paint job and I think they nailed it. The Alcantara grips are classy and cleanly cut & assembled. The striping and logos all seem well done and show no signs that they could wear or chip easily. Overall, the controller is high quality, but it's not perfect. My left trigger shows signs of a slight internal rub as it is depressed. If the pressure is made both in the trigger's intended direction and also inward toward the center of the controller it is non-existent though. Definitely some minor clearance issue there inside, but not a big deal, although that should have been caught in the quality control process. My only other complaint is in regards to the paddle design or more specifically, flexible layout options of the Scuf/Elite paddles. I REALLY like the top paddles on the standard Elite controller. I use them for up/down shifting when I'm pad racing. I feel they are in a very good position that is very quick to access and I rarely have accidental button presses. I feel Scuf missed an opportunity to design the shape of the Scuf paddle such that the standard Elite upper paddle could be used in conjunction with the Scuf inner paddle. This layout would offer the user a better grip on the controller body without the worry of accidental button presses of the standard Elite lower paddle whilst not losing the functionality of the lower paddle and retaining the naturally beneficial position of the upper. For me personally, that would be the best of both worlds type of resolution. Unfortunately, in factory Scuf form, the Scuf inner paddle makes contact with the standard Elite upper paddle causing the Scuf paddle nib to not reach the actual button underneath. However, for those willing to mod a collectors item for practical use, this contact can be easily alleviated with a little Dremel work. Overall, the controller is absolutely fantastic. It is jaw dropping beautiful upon lifting the case cover and most users will appreciate a better paddle layout. It's a great addition for any gaming Porsche fanatic.
It is definitely pretty.

You can remap the buttons with the regular controller on Xbox, so if you can't on PC it's because they don't want it to.

I think it goes without saying that not being able to map a controllers buttons is really more of a deliberate choice by the manufacture. It can't possibly be expensive to implement.

It is definitely pretty.

The way I recall it... there is an app for Xbox users that allows the paddles to be mapped separately from the A/B/X/Y buttons. That function is not compatible for PC use. However, there is a third-party app called REWASD that allows that plus a lot more features.

Back