Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

I think we've had this discussion like, five times already?

Appearently, one part of the sub-license from EA is that T10 mighht not use Porsche to advertise Forza, so they've not shown Porsche yet, just like what they did with FM3.
But, since people seem to be heavily influences by GT, they just assume that there's no Porsche in Forz if it has RUF.

Seeing a Porsche-esque vehicle that doesn't resemble a RUF is a nice little touch, though, even if I'm not sure we should take it as confirmation. Just another clue to believe that Porsche is going to keep its rightful place in FM4 👍

That 2nd link is just silly. Hammond would be nothing more than a consultant to the TG license. He has no power in working the relationship between Porsche & T10.

So, I've looked at the HD picture a bit more...

The only RUF I know of that has those wide exhaust tips instead of the four small exhaust tips is the RUF CTR, and the CTR's exhaust tips aren't integrated into the rear bumper, but into the diffusor. So, that's no RUF. Looks pretty much like the 997 Turbo.

Case closed, me thinks.

I would just assume Porsche is present, just like it was for the other Forza games. If they announce anything different, we will just get over it and move on...and enjoy racing.

2ptpbwp.jpg

2011-porsche-911-turbo-s-6.jpg

So, where's the user that was so gleeful about Porsche supposedly not being in FM4 now? I'd love to rub it in a bit, you know...

Yup. Can't think of anything else that has those semi-rectangular exhaust tips and those two thin vents in the rear bumper right besides the exhaust.

There wasn't a single shred of evidence that Porsche was NOT in FM4. It was assumed that since RUF was in and part of DLC preorder stuff, that it would be in the same lines as GT not having Porsche. That was the assumption, because that's the way GT has done it.

To me.... I'd have assumed that Porsche IS in Forza 4 for the very fact that every Forza game to date has had Porsche in it.

I can't conclude anything from that picture. The spoiler is a bit too high and wide looking to be a Porsche, and I have yet to see a RUF with a similar looking spoiler.

I will wait for a more definitive answer, or when I get my copy.

- Dopplegagger

It could actually be a Ruf as well.

drives_2011-ruf-rt-roadster_th1.jpg

2011 Ruf RT Roadster

1) The air vents in the bumper are off (the car in the FM picture has two, the RUF three in the coloured part of the bumper).
2) The car in the picture seems to have a roof.

But, yeah, we shall see.

1) The air vents in the bumper are off (the car in the FM picture has two, the RUF three in the coloured part of the bumper).

I think in the game photo the car is a bit too far away to genuinely tell if there are 2 or 3 vents seeing has how the 3rd vent on the RUF is very small.

Looks more like the RT Roadster. The black spoiler is the giveaway. Brake lights match the RUF as well. You can see that the brake lights are below the spoiler, while the Porsche have the lights on the spoiler.

I think in the game photo the car is a bit too far away to genuinely tell if there are 2 or 3 vents seeing has how the 3rd vent on the RUF is very small.

Looks more like the RT Roadster. The black spoiler is the giveaway. Brake lights match the RUF as well. You can see that the brake lights are below the spoiler, while the Porsche have the lights on the spoiler.

To answer both:
The RT Roadster has a black cloth cover that holds the rear window in place (don't know how to phrase that any better). This doesn't seem to fit the picture above.

Also, on previous Ruf Roadsters, the bar that's left ftom the roof is silver, not coloured the same as the body. I haven't found pictures of the RT Roadster in any other colour than silver, though.

2011-RUF-Porsche-911-Roadster-Front-Angle-Picture-588x392.jpg

Ruf-Roadster-3-8--c890x594-ffffff-C-e4415f9a-420071.jpg

So, unless they changed their design for the RT Roadster, I have a hard time believing that it's the RT.

If anything, the 9ff Tubro would fit the picture better:
9ff-9ff-Turbo_5114.JPG

But I don't know whether 9ff is considered a manufacturer, not just a tuning company...
Three vents here:
That's why I said "in the coloured part". With the Porsche Turbo, it's in the black part of the bumper, while the Ruf has the vents in the painted area. But, yeah, hard to make out, that's for sure.

Those aren't brake lights they are the mclaren f1 mirrors, compare it to the left side. The tail also isn't as long as part of it is the "porsches" mirror. The tail isn't always black I think the part they have captured has a shadow over it.

No shadowed part above the rear-lights in the FM4 picture, whereas that RUF has a spoiler above the lights that will cause shadows.

Also, as I said over on FM.net, to include mere tuners like Gemballa, 9FF or Techart, I imagine they'd have to have the Porsche license, as they aren't manufacturers and therefore have no legal claim to the 997 and other body-shape IPs.

Just checked, 9ff is not considered a manufacturer, so that's out.

Either way, what we can say for sure: It's no RGT8, it's no RT12, either, so the only two know RUF cars are out. Appearently, the only car that's a possible replacement (appearently) would be the RT Roadster, but the rear window is too large in the picture and not framed by black cloth. You also can't make out anything that would suggest there being twin exhaust tips in the bumper cut outs or a third vent in the coloured part of the bumper and we'd have to assume that the roof bar is body coloured instead of silver, as oppsoed to previous RUF Roadsters...

Now, if the RT Roadster was announced for FM4, I'd be far more willing to assume that it's the car in the picture, but it isn't. And with the clues listed above, I'm really not convinced that we're looking at the RT Roadster.

Ive just gone frame by frame through this part of the HD trailer. It definitely has 2 slots next to the exhaust pipes. Im pretty sure its a Porsche.

Latest Posts

Back