Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

I saw a list some time ago but I can't seem to find it anymore. Found this instead :

2rm6sg1.jpg

Actually, at least RUF is missing :lol:

Or maybe I should be more like :scared:

Edit : Anyway, I can't recall the exact number shown here but it is less than 80 (something like 75).

Noble, and infiniti too I believe.
Good catch. those 2 plus Ruf = 73. 7+ more manufacturers to figure out.

HBK
Actually, at least RUF is missing :lol:

Or maybe I should be more like :scared:

Edit : Anyway, I can't recall the exact number shown here but it is less than 80 (something like 75).

Thanks!! I really appreciate that. I counted 70 out of the 80+. I guess thats a good thing. No we didn't see Porsche but we didn't see Ruf (along with at least 10 other brands) either which we know is in. We didn't get the confirmation we are looking for but we didn't get confirmation that it's not in either.
The investigation continues.....

If they're not allowed to confirm Porsche before the official car list is revealed (I think it wouldn't be possible to force T10 to exclude Porsche from that, they'd be handing out false information to their customers if they did), all we can hope for is a massive mistake on T10's part to confirm Porsche.

They wouldn't put it in such a list of manufacturers, even if all others were listed... The best we have is that picture of the Porsche-esque car that doesn't really fit a RUF.

Guess we'll have to play the waiting game some more ;)

Im getting a bit nervous that we havent had not one Porsche announced in the Forza Garage announcements. Everyday Im hoping to see just one to end the Porsche in or out saga. Is it really possible that the whole no advertising thing would even allow them to reveal the car in such a manner?

I'm not. I expected no announcement yet. Either we'll hear something at gamescon or closer to release but it could be that whole thing where T10 is not allowed to promo the game with Porsche's brand. Then again.... I never saw anyone, even at T10, stating this as true

Basically, right now, it doesn't look good. At all.

We'll see if Turn10 has managed to break the 22 years old curse. I want to believe it *is* possible.

But right now, I wouldn't bet a penny on it.

I am not nervous at all either. If there is no Porsche, I will NOT like the game any less. I mostly only used one Porsche in FM3 anyway. But that is me.

I am not nervous at all either. If there is no Porsche, I will NOT like the game any less. I mostly only used one Porsche in FM3 anyway. But that is me.

Man I used up some Porsche in FM3. I'll be crushed if there's no Porsche in the game. :(

HBK
Basically, right now, it doesn't look good. At all.

We'll see if Turn10 has managed to break the 22 years old curse. I want to believe it *is* possible.

But right now, I wouldn't bet a penny on it.

Why doesn't it look good? If we are to make an assumption, we should assume that Porsche IS in FM4, not the other way around. You only need to see the history of Forza titles, the increasing Porsche count with each iteration, and how much T10 seems to love the brand all with having it as incentives to purchase the LCE, FUC, a few of the DLCs and T10 even gifted out some to everyone. Then toss in the fact that EA does not allow Porsche to be used in any promo material/advertising and it makes sense why we haven't heard about Porsche in FM4 just yet. Also keep in mind that not all car brands have been unveiled yet. Radical and Lancia just got cars mentioned within this past week.

The fact that Forza 3 had Porsche mean very little. PGR2 had Porsche too.

I want to believe. But I need more than assumptions. Even the whole Porsche/EA deal preventing the use of Porsche as marketing material is an assumption which has little source to back it up.

Heck, a Flying Lizard *was* in the FM3 E3 demo, if memory serves.

HBK
The fact that Forza 3 had Porsche mean very little. PGR2 had Porsche too.

I want to believe. But I need more than assumptions. Even the whole Porsche/EA deal preventing the use of Porsche as marketing material is an assumption which has little source to back it up.

Heck, a Flying Lizard *was* in the FM3 E3 demo, if memory serves.

I'll say it again... if we are to make an assumption about Porsche in Forza 4, it is that it will be in, not that it won't. So far the closest we got to any real proof is a 911 Turbo with factory aero package, which is not a RUF, in the HD trailer. It's not just that Forza 3 had Porsches. It's that every iteration of the franchise had the Porsche count grow a ton. From 15 to 25 to 34, with some being incentives for LCE, DLC (4 of them, including Jalopnik pack which saw 15 voted on cars cut down to 10 and a Porsche still made the cut), FUC and even T10 gifted out the GT1 Strassenversion as a holiday gift. T10's even used Porsches in their leaderboard time trial events. There's such a huge presence and backing by MS/T10 one would be crazy to think that Porsche won't be in the game with all of these facts.

PGR2 is an MS exclusive title and I doubt MS wanted to fork over for the Porsche license twice. It disappeared in PGR3 but found it's way in Forza 1, where PGR3 launched 6 months after FM1 did. That to me explains why PGR series lost Porsche.

The EA/Porsche advertising thing isn't an assumption btw. I came across this on forzacentral as one of their terms for a different dev (not T10) and I came across it once as well before fc's site:
The Porsche Brand, Names, Logos, Sounds and Images cannot be used in or as direct advertising centerpieces for products or content in development under the License Agreement..

I'm a huge Porsche fan. HUGE. I'd be massively disappointed if it doesn't make it to FM4 and to me, it won't stop me from buying the game but I'll certainly not enjoy it as much. To me... T10 is holding off because they have to (EA agreement) and to hold probably as an ace up their sleeve.

The EA/Porsche advertising thing isn't an assumption btw.
It is. A post from someone which works neither for Turn10 nor EA is not a proof. What is says is probably true for *his* company (and even this can be debated). But to think the terms of the licensing contract between Porsche, EA, and Turn10 are the same *is* an assumption.

I was trying to find a better source but didn't. I read that line before I came across it on forzacentral's site.

Still, the only proof we have is the HD trailer image which so far appears to be a new 911 Turbo w/factory aero option... Yet people want to dismiss it simply because GT has RUF but no Porsche.

This image is a blurry mess where everyone can see what they want. Yes, it looks like a 911 more than anything else. Yet, that is a pretty thin clue.

HBK
This image is a blurry mess where everyone can see what they want. Yes, it looks like a 911 more than anything else. Yet, that is a pretty thin clue.

Find a car that looks like it other than the 911 turbo s. There is no other model from ruf.

This was just posted in the Forza Garage thread:

VnWgh.jpg

compare it to the infamous image:

2m2uis9.jpg

and what most think it is, 911 Turbo w/factory aero package (but different bumper):

Switzer-Porsche-911-Turbo-P800-Tiptronic-3.jpg

and here's the RUF RGT-8 in real life:

4402144707_0ba19fe174_o.jpg

and still we go on not knowing.... lol

Yeah, now that I see all these rides together I don't think it's the Ruf either. There's a little "black triangle" next to the "vents" in the Forza pic that's not on the Ruf. Back to square one I think guys.

Turn10 are playing with us, I tell ya.

Edit : Hopefully this will not be a case of having an RGT8 tail badly modeled :scared:

Edit 2 : Or even worse, an RGT8 modded with an Porsche-like bodykit :scared: :scared:

Edit 3 : :scared: :scared: :scared:

This was just posted in the Forza Garage thread:

VnWgh.jpg

compare it to the infamous image:

2m2uis9.jpg

4402144707_0ba19fe174_o.jpg

and still we go on not knowing.... lol

If you look at the taillights the Ruf looks a lot closer to the car in the image than the Porsche does. And as for the "black triangle" I think that's part of the McLaren.

Tail lights in the image look different than the RUF. The clear section of the tail light sticks out further to the side than the RUF's shorter version

The bumper slits also look different than the RUF. The RUF's looks the same size or top smaller than the bottom but a little bit but the yellow version clearly has the top being bigger than the lower, kind of like the Turbo S bumper. Also the exhaust shape in the RUF is completely different than the RUF's and follows what the 911 Turbo has

Yeah, now that I see all these rides together I don't think it's the Ruf either. There's a little "black triangle" next to the "vents" in the Forza pic that's not on the Ruf. Back to square one I think guys.

Its the Ruf Rt12 S:ill:
oHNUs.jpg

The images I first saw of the RT12S did not have any white section in the tail lights (tails were all red)... but I just googled it and saw what looks to be a newer model, similar to this black one posted but more accurate tails that resemble the in game trailer image, and to me that looks like a RUF now.

Say it ain't so T10... I want my Porsches

You know...IF there is no Porsche in FM4 it won't really bother me that much, even though they are one of my favorite manufacturers. Why? Well, the RUFs are still beautiful cars, and its not like it is GT5 where we are getting RUFs with sub par graphics. The above screenshots look amazing.

Back