Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

I'm starting to think that T10 are just playing with us.

As fever pitch increases there just holding out on info.

If Porsche was lost to licensing issues there's no shame in that.
May as well tell the followers straight up that they won't be in sooner rather than later. At least people can move on.
Why tell them a week before release Unless their working on an eleventh hour deal.

The silence tells me there playing a game.

Better bloody be.

May as well tell the followers straight up that they won't be in sooner rather than later. At least people can move on.
Why tell them a week before release Unless their working on an eleventh hour deal.

Better bloody be.

Look I like T-10 and Forza.., but don't hold your breath for some types of statements from them. Look at Forza-3 and the non functioning gauges on the dashes. Look back at the Forza official forum at the number of requests from consumers requesting a statement as to how it happened, why it happened, and will it be fixed. To date NOT ONE member of the Forza team has addressed it. They chose to ignore it and pass over every one of those questions related to that issue.

If Porsche is not in the game.., I don't see T-10 coming out prior to launch and saying.., ooops we lost the license. They're not too keen on owning up to some problems and issues. In general I'd say they're decent though.

Better bloody be.

I emailed Microsoft from their main website asking them. I also went to the contact us page at Porsche and filled out their contact us stuff with the question, but I got an error on submission.

Porsche will not be in FM4, as shocking as it sounds is a real problem that they are not advertising one of their unique selling points, after all, EA is also holding rights for some special cars(like for example the new Pagani), the mere inclusion of new cars and branches in the latest screenshots shows that they are now focusing marketing for specific car enthusiast(the new lambo for example).

If Porsche is on FM4, they should probably have advertised by now, not just to show inclusion, but to boost pre-order sales, needless to say, the inclusion of RUF also sustains this.

Also, small tweaks on the game can be address, but including a brand on the game is something completely different.

Porsche will not be in FM4, as shocking as it sounds is a real problem that they are not advertising one of their unique selling points, after all, EA is also holding rights for some special cars(like for example the new Pagani), the mere inclusion of new cars and branches in the latest screenshots shows that they are now focusing marketing for specific car enthusiast(the new lambo for example).

If Porsche is on FM4, they should probably have advertised by now, not just to show inclusion, but to boost pre-order sales, needless to say, the inclusion of RUF also sustains this.

Also, small tweaks on the game can be address, but including a brand on the game is something completely different.

And once again... there has been no confirmation whatsoever that Porsche is or is not in FM4.

T10 has not advertised all the car brands yet either. The rumor is that Porsche can not be used in promo or advertising of any means. This has been stated numerous times, ad nausea and yet people still come out with their own assumptions as 'fact'. :dunce:

We'll either find out at this German game show that's coming up or at launch.

Porsche will not be in FM4
Once again we have an insider. Do you work for T10? Do you work for Porsche's licencing dept? If not, then I wouldn't state such things as being a fact. Although I also agree that I dont think we will see Porsche in FM4 I still dont think anyone can say for sure either way.
Isnt there some thing about FM not being able to advertise Porsche.

I'm not stating that as a fact, but the mere presence of RUF, and the mere absence of the branch suggests it, besides, and as I stated before, Advertising such thing will also increase the sales for pre-orders and premium editions, MS marketing teams are pretty much aware of this, but the new advertising is suggesting new models, one that comes into my mind is the Carrera classic, FM production team is capable of doing a gorgeous model out of it, yet not even a single Carrera have been shown.

Is about 2 months for launch, if Porsche is to be included, they should have announced or showed already.

Advertising such thing will also increase the sales for pre-orders and premium editions, MS marketing teams are pretty much aware of this, but the new advertising is suggesting new models, one that comes into my mind is the Carrera classic, FM production team is capable of doing a gorgeous model out of it, yet not even a single Carrera have been shown.

It probably could increase sales, but when the manufacturer or license tells you that you CAN'T advertise, then what do you expect?

I'm not stating that as a fact, but the mere presence of RUF, and the mere absence of the branch suggests it, besides, and as I stated before, Advertising such thing will also increase the sales for pre-orders and premium editions, MS marketing teams are pretty much aware of this, but the new advertising is suggesting new models, one that comes into my mind is the Carrera classic, FM production team is capable of doing a gorgeous model out of it, yet not even a single Carrera have been shown.

Is about 2 months for launch, if Porsche is to be included, they should have announced or showed already.

There's no fact nor rule about RUF and Porsche. There's already games that have both brands in. GT added RUF because they could not get Porsche. PGR originally had Porsche but switched over to RUF when Forza 1 launched, another MS racing exclusive title which did have Porsche in it. I doubt MS wanted to pay for the license twice especially since Forza became MS's racing baby.

If you are bound by contract to not use the Porsche brand in any advertising/promotion... you CAN NOT use Porsche in any advertising/promotion.

With Forza 3, we first heard about Porsche when T10 announced the preorder/LCE options as the GT3 RS was one of those cars. We then had the Flying Lizard 911 GT car in the FM3 demo. This time around, instead of Porsche being used as preorder/LCE incentives, RUFs are being used. I'd even peg RUF to be used in the FM4 demo, if one will exist.

It probably could increase sales, but when the manufacturer or license tells you that you CAN'T advertise, then what do you expect?

That's not true, after the first advertising campaign, the marketing team is able to do whatever they want with the branch(however this doesn't include new models of IRL cars, and within some constrains like absence of damage or showing SP models).

Consider the time when the first Porsche was announced/showed on previous FM games(FM2/FM3) in relation to the time of release and then start guessing, I'm not rejecting the possibility, but is rare for a game of these characteristics to hide such critical content(specially being one of the USP is previous games).

We're not even sure if this whole "can't advertise" thingy is actually *real*. But that doesn't change anything. There is still no confirmation whatsoever.

I'm not stating that as a fact, but the mere presence of RUF
RUF's inclusion is not proof at this point. You've brown nosed GT for so long, that you've become another person who believes GT's way of dealing with Porsche by including RUF is how all developers must deal with it, then.
and the mere absence of the branch suggests it, besides, and as I stated before, Advertising such thing will also increase the sales for pre-orders and premium editions, MS marketing teams are pretty much aware of this, but the new advertising is suggesting new models, one that comes into my mind is the Carrera classic, FM production team is capable of doing a gorgeous model out of it, yet not even a single Carrera have been shown.
Which is exactly why EA did not let them advertise Porsche with FM3 & may not be letting them advertise FM4 with it.

They didn't do it for FM3, they don't have to do it here.

You're coming across as posting your assumptions as fact again, as you've done in the past until called out.

That's not true, after the first advertising campaign, the marketing team is able to do whatever they want with the branch(however this doesn't include new models of IRL cars, and within some constrains like absence of damage or showing SP models).

Can you provide us a source with:

1. Porsche is not in FM4
2. The marketing team can do what they want after the first campaign

Thanks!

I agree, a lot of people are in denial, but there mere existence of RUF in the game pretty much confirms it.
Why add RUF when all it is, is a tuned Porsche with some aero differences. And the Saleen/Ford and Shelby/Ford is a moot point as well since there Saleen has its own car in the S7, and Shelby has the Cobra.

I agree, a lot of people are in denial, but there mere existence of RUF in the game pretty much confirms it.
Why add RUF when all it is, is a tuned Porsche with some aero differences. And the Saleen/Ford and Shelby/Ford is a moot point as well since there Saleen has its own car in the S7, and Shelby has the Cobra.
You are very wrong. I've personally seen in the flesh what kind of changes RUF does to those cars that the German govt. allows them to become an independent manufacturer.

Find me a Porsche with a similar body that has the same 4.5L V8 that comes in the RUF RGT-8. I dont really think that can be considered a tuner when the entire engine all the way down to the block is completely different.

No it doesn't. Not one bit. There's a game that has both RUF and Porsche, I believe Test Drive 2, so that bit of 'proof' only exists for some games like the GT franchise.

What if T10 also added Techart, 9ff, or Gembala? What then?

I'm not denying that there's a possibility that Porsche might not be in the game but as I keep repeating myself like a broken record... if we are to make an assumption it's that Porsche IS in, not that it's not. This ALMS sponsorship deal just adds more to this assumption of Porsche being in FM4 as being the correct one.

But the point is, you would have to know about RUF to know it wasn't a Porsche.
If someone who wasn't aware of RUF would just assume someone bought a Porsche and tuned it a bit.

Porsche made a big mistake signing that deal with EA, possibly the stupidest thing ever done especially when Microsoft and Turn 10 has been so nice to them. Porsche handles well in FM, I'd even consider buying one.
NFS----not so much.

So your saying if you debadged a RUF and a porsche, you would immediately be able to tell one from another?
Yes, you can, esp. with the current RUF models in production. The only difficult models to tell apart are the BTR & the 3400/3600S (unless you know the first bumper is different).
If someone who wasn't aware of RUF would just assume someone bought a Porsche and tuned it a bit.
So what? That doesn't excuse your comment from before about it being a tuner. I've seen people call a Murcielago, a Gallardo & vice versa. The general public usually has little-to-no car knowledge of small supercar manufacturers.

Most people don't even know who makes the Zonda or an Agrera, or realize what that those names are to begin with.

I have had a feeling that we lost Porsche but now thinking about how they are announcing adding the A.L.M.S. and then turn around and lose one of the main contributors to the racing series would be kind of odd. :odd: What ALMS with no Flying Lizard??

Refer to Pagani Huayra in need for speed.

Also, I'm not making facts, I'm just pointing out that history might repeat itself, and don't forget about the PGR series.

You seem to be selective in what you read. Let me reiterate the facts... again..

PGR and Forza Motorsport are MS exclusive racing franchises. Before Forza even existed, PGR1 and PGR2 had Porsche. After PGR2, Forza 1 launched including Porsche. PGR3 launched after Forza 1 and swapped out RUFs in place of Porsche. I highly doubt MS wanted to pay twice for the Porsche license especially since Forza became MS's GT game.

Toss in the growing presence of Porsche throughout the Forza franchise, from 15 in FM1 to 25 in FM2 to 34 by FM3.

Toss in the fact that T10/MS seems to really like Porsche as they've used the brand as incentives. Incentives like preorder/LCE with the GT3 RS. Incentives like the Forza Ultimate Collection getting an exclusive one. Incentives like 4 of the 10 car packs to have Porsches in them, including the Jalopnik community one that originally had 15 voted on cars cut down to 10 and the 911 Sports Classic still made the list. Also toss in the holiday freebie gift that T10 gave out to everyone, not just VIP, the 911 GT1 which happened to be the fastest Porsche in the game. And that T10 even used Porsche in some time trial/leaderboard events.
And now the recent ALMS sponsorship announcement, where Porsche is very huge with ALMS... so big in fact that 1 of 4 car classes, the GTC class, is made up entirely of Porsche 997 GT3 Cup cars.. and that's not including the LMP and GT class Porsches either...

Now none of this is proof that Porsche is in or not in FM4 but the assumption that should be made is that Porsche IS in. Not the other way around because that's how GT did it... And yes, I'll be massively disappointed, moreso now with ALMS announcement, if the brand is not in the game.

I have had a feeling that we lost Porsche but now thinking about how they are announcing adding the A.L.M.S. and then turn around and lose one of the main contributors to the racing series would be kind of odd. :odd: What ALMS with no Flying Lizard??

Not just Flying Lizard... what's ALMS without the GTC class, which are all 997 GT3 Cup cars to begin with. All of them. As in the whole class.

If Porsche is not in FM4 this ALMS announcement will be stupid, and I'll call them out on it

And you'd also need to know that there are other manufacturers than, say, Ford. Otherwise, you'd assume a lot of people buy Fords and modify them extensively.

Strange point...

Back