Porsche Not in FM4 Confirmed (Originally Porsche may be in Forza 4. Check this out).

I don't buy the If Porsche isn't in it will affect sales at all.

People who are interested will buy it wether Porsche is in or not.

Do you think GT5 would have sold more with Porsche in. I doubt it.

You seem to be selective in what you read. Let me reiterate the facts... again..

PGR and Forza Motorsport are MS exclusive racing franchises. Before Forza even existed, PGR1 and PGR2 had Porsche. After PGR2, Forza 1 launched including Porsche. PGR3 launched after Forza 1 and swapped out RUFs in place of Porsche. I highly doubt MS wanted to pay twice for the Porsche license especially since Forza became MS's GT game.

Toss in the growing presence of Porsche throughout the Forza franchise, from 15 in FM1 to 25 in FM2 to 34 by FM3.

Toss in the fact that T10/MS seems to really like Porsche as they've used the brand as incentives. Incentives like preorder/LCE with the GT3 RS. Incentives like the Forza Ultimate Collection getting an exclusive one. Incentives like 4 of the 10 car packs to have Porsches in them, including the Jalopnik community one that originally had 15 voted on cars cut down to 10 and the 911 Sports Classic still made the list. Also toss in the holiday freebie gift that T10 gave out to everyone, not just VIP, the 911 GT1 which happened to be the fastest Porsche in the game. And that T10 even used Porsche in some time trial/leaderboard events.
And now the recent ALMS sponsorship announcement, where Porsche is very huge with ALMS... so big in fact that 1 of 4 car classes, the GTC class, is made up entirely of Porsche 997 GT3 Cup cars.. and that's not including the LMP and GT class Porsches either...

Now none of this is proof that Porsche is in or not in FM4 but the assumption that should be made is that Porsche IS in. Not the other way around because that's how GT did it... And yes, I'll be massively disappointed, moreso now with ALMS announcement, if the brand is not in the game.

I'm aware of this of course, my first thought was that ALMS will be used as bypass to include the Porsches(although this in itself has to go into considerations, after all, the makers have control over the media usage of their cars), but then the absence of screenshots doesn't really help, I set my expectations to don't see Porsches in the game, they are also showing a bunch of new manufactures and models that covers the "hole" of the 30 or so cars, something that makes up for the absence of Porsche, and again, this is how I conceive this situation.

I don't buy the If Porsche isn't in it will affect sales at all.
Well, Forza always has "real problems". It's this close to going belly up!

People would claim Forza to have a "real problem" even if the franchise could sell five million copies with one release.

Oh, wait...

I bought GT5 without Porsche and I would buy FM4 without Porsche.

Same here but I'll be MASSIVELY disappointed if Porsche is not in FM4, especially now with this whole ALMS announcement. What's it going to be? 3/4 of ALMS, excluding Porsche from other classes as well...

Same here but I'll be MASSIVELY disappointed if Porsche is not in FM4, especially now with this whole ALMS announcement. What's it going to be? 3/4 of ALMS, excluding Porsche from other classes as well...

It would be strange especially when they had the chance to do it with FM3 (when all the manufacturers were at their disposal) but then decide to do it now when they lose one of them.

It would be strange especially when they had the chance to do it with FM3 (when all the manufacturers were at their disposal) but then decide to do it now when they lose one of them.

IF they lose one. But I agree, they could have done something in FM3. I hope this whole ALMS thing isn't just a logo with some series events, like R3 championship only it now has ALMS plastered on it. I hope they do good with the license as I'm a big ALMS/LMS fan in real life. It's one thing that only 4 tracks were announced with the game, 4 of which we already had before. It'd be another if they surprised everyone by adding more that hasn't been in the franchise yet. And it'd be awesome if they introduced a flag system, even if very basic.

HELLAFLUSH240SX
So your saying if you debadged a RUF and a porsche, you would immediately be able to tell one from another?

These are all the modifications RUF did for the yellow bird CTR
d1e545e1.png

Last edited:
IF they lose one. But I agree, they could have done something in FM3. I hope this whole ALMS thing isn't just a logo with some series events, like R3 championship only it now has ALMS plastered on it. I hope they do good with the license as I'm a big ALMS/LMS fan in real life. It's one thing that only 4 tracks were announced with the game, 4 of which we already had before. It'd be another if they surprised everyone by adding more that hasn't been in the franchise yet. And it'd be awesome if they introduced a flag system, even if very basic.

Gotta get yourself a Fanatec and join us my friend ;)

I have a feeling that they may have a new track. The description said "including" and I kinda take that as to meaning everything that follows is not the totality of it.

Gotta get yourself a Fanatec and join us my friend ;)

I have a feeling that they may have a new track. The description said "including" and I kinda take that as to meaning everything that follows is not the totality of it.

All pending official pricing and availability of the new wheels... cuz I'm really tempted at a GT2 w/CSP but the new stuff looks real nice. I don't have a 360 wheel anymore, probably why I play GT5 more now since I have a DFGT but playing with controller with Forza is still fun. Just not as much without that wheel

Nice reply there boogie. Im still going to wait for t10 or ms to officially announce it but add that to the long list of why we should assume porsche is in fm4

Sounds kind of like a generic response, tbh & doesn't seem like "Prakash" really has any clue, which I don't expect Customer Service to know of....

Not really any information to be gathered from that reply, but at least it's not a no. Nobody admitting it if Porsche was indeed out would seem strange and would make T10/MS look a bit like idiots, if it turned out to be true... Oh well :indiff:

From the email, i would assume that Porsche is coming to F4, but at later date, not on release date. But i could be wrong.

That's how it sounds to me. EA might get a cut of Porsche DLC, which would definitely make them happy.

GT5 Sceptic
That's how it sounds to me. EA might get a cut of Porsche DLC, which would definitely make them happy.

Well if that be the case so be it.
Wouldn't really like EA benefiting from T10 work but if that's the way it is.

People would definately scream for Porsche for GT5 and who could blame them.

It's getting like the guitar hero, rockband franchises with limited content to both platforms.

McLaren
Sounds kind of like a generic response, tbh & doesn't seem like "Prakash" really has any clue, which I don't expect Customer Service to know of....

At least it was from the customer service in the xbox division. Sounds like its going to be announced.

Being that Forza is now the game partner of the ALMS and Porsche being its sponsor it'd make no sense to me for Porsche not to be in FM4...

Bogie 19th
At least it was from the customer service in the xbox division. Sounds like its going to be announced.
That may be so, but customer service does not deal with the developers. They deal with complaints & questions from the consumers about their Xbox or Live. Their job doesn't include e-mailing devs questions about their games.

That's why it looks like a generic e-mail. He doesn't look like he really knows any more than us.

How has this made it 18 pages? Of course I still believe it's still going to be there with all of the reused models at least...but still. I guess I am the only one who would rather be surprised rather than find out all the cars before the game comes out.

Seeing that it's probably one of the frequently asked qquestioned, I wouldn't be surpised if MS briefed their employees according - that's what we're doing with most of our employees that are working in the customer service departments.

Also, T10 is one of MS's first party developers, after all.

Back