Porsche Reveals New 503hp, 992-Generation 911 GT3

€171,553.80

gt3.jpg

There is no price difference between a PDK or a manual.

Last edited:
Numbers alone its not much better than rhe outgoing GT3 and its uglier. And didnt the previous RS have 520hp? Id stick with the 2019-2020 GT3

The side profile shot makes the wing look a little weird. But, cover it up and maybe we got a good idea what the Touring version will look like and for once I think I might prefer a GT3 without a wing.

Numbers alone its not much better than rhe outgoing GT3 and its uglier. And didnt the previous RS have 520hp? Id stick with the 2019-2020 GT3
I think a whole 17 second faster lap-time of the Nürburgring over the previous GT3 says all you need to know about how much better the 992 GT3 really is. It's also faster than the previous GT3 RS variant, which says a whole lot. The previous RS had 513hp, but this new GT3 isn't even an RS.

As is fairly standard for the GT3, the 992 car sports a wider body than the regular models in the range,
According to the official Porsche website the 992 GT3 does not have a wider body than the standard 992 C2.

Both are 1,852mm wide.
Width GT3 (with mirrors folded) 1,852 mm
Width GT3 (without mirrors folded) 2,027 mm

Width C2 (with mirrors folded) 1,852 mm
Width C2 (without mirrors folded) 2,024 mm

Wheelbase C2: 2,450 mm
Wheelbase GT3: 2,457 mm
Front track C2: 1,591 mm
Front track GT3: 1,601 mm
Rear track C2: 1,557 mm
Rear track GT3: 1,601 mm

Right I want this in GT7 please. I hope AC makes an all car game again for next gen one day that would cool, so I can try it out in that game to if it were to ever come to the game.

This will brighten up already firing WEC season.

Too sad Grello will be based on previous model, as they revealed participation few days ago. Or not?

The side profile shot makes the wing look a little weird. But, cover it up and maybe we got a good idea what the Touring version will look like and for once I think I might prefer a GT3 without a wing.

I think a whole 17 second faster lap-time of the Nürburgring over the previous GT3 says all you need to know about how much better the 992 GT3 really is. It's also faster than the previous GT3 RS variant, which says a whole lot. The previous RS had 513hp, but this new GT3 isn't even an RS.
Ahh i see I mixed up the models lol. I think thats an honest mistake so I stand corrected, this version does look legit.

I don't mean to insult Porsche or their fans; but I do find most Porsches look similar. I've never thought 'oh that's an ugly car'....they're quite nice. But at the same time I've never whipped my head around and wondered 'what is THAT?'. Because I knew what it was.

I'm talking purely cosmetic, of course. Having said all that, I would LOVE to take a drive in one of these!

The side profile shot makes the wing look a little weird.
Perhaps if it was painted it might look and blend in better.

but I do find most Porsches look similar.
They do, I suppose that the Porsche look. Personally I find that with the progressive lengthening of each successive model the elongated shape becomes more and more aesthetically pleasing. That's not to say I'd like one the length of a limousine though. :)

I've never whipped my head around and wondered 'what is THAT?'.
The sound is often enough to make you do that. ;)

Configurator live on the German site. Adding UK as well.
https://www.porsche.com/germany/modelstart/all/?modelrange=911
https://www.porsche.com/uk/models/911/911-gt3-models/

911gt1.jpg

911gt2.jpg

911gt3.jpg

The shark blue works pretty well with the Gentian Blue Metallic. Came around 203,000 Euros.

Edit* Odd little detail I found interesting & maybe @SPhilli911 can fill me in. But, I was always under the impression that any Porsche fitted with the PCCBs were designated with yellow calipers, and this was something Porsche would absolutely refuse to change even under PTS. On the new GT3 though, it looks like Porsche is allowing owners to option PCCBs with yellow or black-colored calipers.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's a GT car thing only, but yes, Porsche does offer the PCCB calipers in black for the first time ever.

I tried to "configure" one yesterday afternoon after the presentation but wasn't able because the server was "too busy". :D

The only thing I was able to do was to take a screenshot I posted above (post #2).

Road tax: €2,760.23
Registration tax: €11,391.05

Carfection said that there is going to be a GT3 Touring as well, which is not surprising. If it has that ducktail, ...... . :crazy: :bowdown:

I want to see that Shark Blue IRL. It looks like the perfect color for this car.

Last edited:
I don't mean to insult Porsche or their fans; but I do find most Porsches look similar. I've never thought 'oh that's an ugly car'....they're quite nice. But at the same time I've never whipped my head around and wondered 'what is THAT?'. Because I knew what it was.

I'm talking purely cosmetic, of course. Having said all that, I would LOVE to take a drive in one of these!

GT3s are worth a head turn, they are much more rare and special than other models, in every way.

Incredible as always from Porsche. They really can't do much wrong can they

Except thousands of Cayman 718 models with 4-cylinder engines about as interesting as a Subary Legacy. They didnt screw up a GT3 yet though I think. I do remember some news reports of 991.1 GT3 catching fire but not sure how widespread those engine issues were.

Last edited:
mef
GT3s are worth a head turn, they are much more rare and special than other models, in every way.

Except thousands of Cayman 718 models with 4-cylinder engines about as interesting as a Subary Legacy. They didnt screw up a GT3 yet though I think. I do remember some news reports of 991.1 GT3 catching fire but not sure how widespread those engine issues were.
Yeah I most likely would. I was meaning Porsche in general. I'm just not a big fan of their styling. But, living in eastern Canada, I've never seen one in person, I don't think. Maybe in my trips to Toronto or down into the States. But not here. What I do like about them is that they're (relatively) affordable and dependable for all that performance. One podcast I listen to describes Porsche as the budget supercar in all the best ways. I'm REALLY not trying to insult them in any way. I would be so excited just to get a ride in any model above a Boxster

Back