Porsche the big colaboration with PD... what's next??

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 294 comments
Greece
Athens
Nickf1gr
PR6972.jpg

After almost one year from release and we haven't any Porsche ralated update...
Its strange that the same time games like e.t.c. Project Cars 2, Forza series, Assetto Corsa
have released allready very nice updates releated with the brand. Why PD ignoring it? (Like many other car manufactures)

Last edited:
All updates had some kind of an overtopic so far (Group C, Toyotas, Kei Cars...). We have to hope for a future update where mainly Porsches will be featured.

It's kinda strange indeed that GTS doesn't have any new Porsches yet.

For a manufacturer that some have been waiting to appear since I think the days GT2,GT3 or GT4, you'd think maybe PD would give Porsche a preferential treatment by adding more Porsches but no it isn't so far. So yeah here's to hoping for more Porsches then.

PD providing a similiar DLC to AC/PCars2 Porsche car packs is unlikely, as that itself would already double the amount of new cars they've added so far.

Last edited:
Most cars that have been added to the GTS have been cars which were also featured in older GTs. IIRC, there were no Porsches in any recent GTs.

PD has been "ignoring" most manufacturers equally. I don't see the need to single out Porsche.

For several different reasons:

- Porsche was not present in previous GT games despite being one of the community's favorite brands
- Porsche is one of the most successful brands in motorsports which means they have tons of great race cars, unlike many of the other brands
- GTS's competitors have been adding Porsche DLCs with lots of new and old cars
- PD made sure to hype the Porsche brand pre-launch, singling this brand out themselves (tweets, scapes and trailer dedicated to Porsche)
- and Porsche is not really Suzuki... Virtually no one cares Suzuki only has 1 car in the game (although I wouldn't mind getting the Escudo)

For several different reasons:

- Porsche was not present in previous GT games despite being one of the community's favorite brands
- Porsche is one of the most successful brands in motorsports which means they have tons of great race cars, unlike many of the other brands
- PD made sure to hype the Porsche brand pre-launch, singling this brand out themselves (tweets, scapes and trailer dedicated to Porsche)
- and Porsche is not really Suzuki... Virtually no one cares Suzuki only has 1 car in the game (although I wouldn't mind getting the Escudo)

PD is not really known for using its licences properly to be honest

After almost one year from release and we haven't any Porsche ralated update...
Its strange that the same time games like e.t.c. Project Cars 2, Forza series, Assetto Corsa
have released allready very nice updates releated with the brand. Why PD ignoring it? (Like many other car manufactures)
Maybe that's exactly why, because they're already done to death in other games.

PC2 just got a Ferrari update and there's no buzz about it. Almost all the cars have already been in games multiple times.

That’s true of most racing games not named NFS, though.

But not many race cars that fit into Sport’s classes that aren’t already there. I suppose the 917 could be a good addition since there’s the other ‘60s Le Mans cars, but that’s about it.

Yep.

IIRC that wasn’t unique, other marques got similar treatments. PD may have given Porsche a bit more attention, but that wasn’t unique in the genre: 2017 was the big year everybody gained access. Forza stuck a 911 on its cover. PCARS2 made sure to feature the brand throughout the pre-release.

While there’s undoubtedly some level of truth to this — more people probably prefer more Porsches to Suzukis — it’s true that a lot of brands haven’t had any additions.

Me? I think the reason is pretty simple: I don’t see any Porsches on the GT6 car list.

It's a bit of a shame Porsche are one of the few (?) manufacturers to get no love via updates yet, but let's be honest, there's hundreds of cars people could claim should be in the game by now... they'll come when they come, if they come, and all we can do is wait. For all we know Porsche are asking more than PD want to pay for licensing and we won't get any more until GT7, or maybe it's just taken a while for them to model some and we'll get a couple in the next update, who knows.

On the subject of money;

GTS's competitors have been adding Porsche DLCs with lots of new and old cars

Since I don't play other games, have these been added for free, or as paid? It wouldn't surprise me if PD were saving some of the good stuff until a point they can monetize it.

It would have been nice with one or two DLC Porsche models at this point, but keep in mind that the greater majority of DLC cars released so far have been featured in GT before. Maybe PD thinks Porsche has more future potential for GT than giving them away for free now, and I would agree.

I’m surprised we never at least got the 956/962 to go along with the other Group C cars.

Never say never.

I don't like the look of Porsches to be honest but they seem to handle the best in every class so I love driving them anyway.

Porsche Cup car please with multiple liveries so I can race offline custom race with this car only and loads of different liveries in the race :gtpflag:👍👍👍

I would like an update that removed the visual input lag of the steering wheel when using a pad. At the moment the GT3 Porsche is undrivable in cockpit because of how off-putting the visibly delayed inputs are

I would like an update that removed the visual input lag of the steering wheel when using a pad. At the moment the GT3 Porsche is undrivable in cockpit because of how off-putting the visibly delayed inputs are
Which one, road version or Gr.3? I honestly think both have pretty good visibility.

Which one, road version or Gr.3? I honestly think both have pretty good visibility.
GR3. Visibility is fine, it's just the fact that when your trying to correct over steer, or get a snap you'll correct it, or try too and you've got visual steering inputs which don't corrorate to anything you are doing

Porsche update would be:
- Porsche 917 (1970)
- Porsche 956 (1982)

Porsche 956 would be a great addition to the following:
- Sauber C9 (1989)
- Mazda 787B (1991)
- Nissan R92CP (1992)
- Jaguar XJR-9 (1988)

Porsche 917 would be a great addition to the following:
- Ferrari 330 P4 (1967)
- GT40 Mark I (1966)
- Ford Mark IV Race Car (1967)
- Jaguar XJ13 (1966)
- Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (1964)

Porsche update would be:
- Porsche 917 (1970)
- Porsche 956 (1982)

Porsche 956 would be a great addition to the following:
- Sauber C9 (1989)
- Mazda 787B (1991)
- Nissan R92CP (1992)
- Jaguar XJR-9 (1988)

Porsche 917 would be a great addition to the following:
- Ferrari 330 P4 (1967)
- GT40 Mark I (1966)
- Ford Mark IV Race Car (1967)
- Jaguar XJ13 (1966)
- Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (1964)

And the 918 to the N900 or N1000 category.

The 956 and 917 are the two glaring ones that should come in an update for me. I think the 959 should be in myself as well as the old LMP2 cars Penske raced in IMSA/ALMS, but not really a class for the P2 cars in this game.

Most racing Porsches are just whatever flavor of 911 was being built at that time, not much need for any between the RSR and a 911 from 20-30 years ago, but the 956 and 917 are the two unique ones that need to come into the game. Of course you could go on their development lines and add the 936, 962. etc.

Back