Porsche Vision GT Spyder Coming to Gran Turismo 7 on September 29

• Thread starter Famine
  • 80 comments
From the top down, especially in that blue it's giving me Alpine vibes.
Going to raise you this, as soon as I saw those colours I immediately thought of the 550 spyder.

Also, I'm probably going to be one of the few going against the mainstream opinion, but I like this car - it reminds me of a modern take on 50's design, kinda like the Jaguar VGT spyder. And that's it, i just find it to be neat.

Free update = people complains.
Shhhhhhhh! Don’t mention free updates! Haven’t you learned anything from your time here!

I’m just gonna…
Avoid The Office GIF

…until this all blows over!

Not to mention there are two near-duplicates of the Gr.3 version of the Lexus RC F, though the 2017 RC F GT3 does have a larger engine than the 2016 RC F GT3 Prototype (5.4 L versus 5.0 L) as part of losing the "Prototype" moniker. On the flip side, other than the Gr.4 version of the RC F, all of the RC F's are real-world cars, and the GT500 is at the high end of Gr.2.

Only the 2017 Honda NSX ticks off all 5 classes, with only the road and Gr.2 versions not being fake cars. There is a NSX GT3, though it's badged as an Acura.
NSX GT3 also races as a Honda, in Super GT300. Not sure about five classes. There’s no NSX in Gr.1. Unless, you mean as a road car class(no more Gr.N).
I believe the R35 GT-R tick every box in all classes Gr.B, Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.2, Gr.1(loosely with Gr.1, in name - same engine) and that 2020 VGT looks like a future(well, now past) GT-R. Add the R35 road cars and the GT-R pretty much does it all.

NSX GT3 also races as a Honda, in Super GT300. Not sure about five classes. There’s no NSX in Gr.1. Unless, you mean as a road car class(no more Gr.N).
I believe the R35 GT-R tick every box in all classes Gr.B, Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.2, Gr.1(loosely with Gr.1, in name - same engine) and that 2020 VGT looks like a future(well, now past) GT-R. Add the R35 road cars and the GT-R pretty much does it all.
I should have said 5 of the 6 (Gr.2, in both 2017 and 2008 versions), Gr.3, Gr.4, Gr.B and road).

The LM GT-R is not quite the same engine, though it's loosely related. Nissan pared it down to 3.0 liters from 3.8, and it's not officially part of the VR family. Along with the M119 from the Gr.1 Sauber (turbocharged) and Gr.2 CLK-LM (naturally aspirated), it's the closest a real Gr.1 engine is to anything from another class. The bodies of the Gr.1 cars are too different from everything else.

Counterpoint, now that summer vacations have ended we may have more than three cars, but we won't know until the silhouettes will be shown.

Yep, couldn't have said it better.

It's not the Porsche VGT Spyder that bothers me. It's what they don't give us instead that bothers me.
r46LgzkA.Ag-bP0ivz-(edit).jpg

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she's goes away

Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away

And I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know
Hey I don't expect she'll be in the next update
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone, whoa whoa...

Is it OK to say I'm bored with VGT cars. They're not real, they never will be and I'm not interested in driving them. What they are, being entirely computer generated, is simpler and, therefore, cheaper to model than, say, any BMW M5 from the last 15 years. Or a Ford RS200, or a current MX5, or literally any real car beyond the few hundred currently in game.

This bitterness is absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Roulette of ****ness keeps giving me invites to buy VGT cars I don't want instead of credits

These alternative versions of existing VGT cars are annoying when they’ve decided to release only three cars per month.
It even has the same performance ad the outgoing one. The difference is only the Spyder part according to Nenkai which makes this even more hilarious.

Is it OK to say I'm bored with VGT cars. They're not real, they never will be and I'm not interested in driving them. What they are, being entirely computer generated, is simpler and, therefore, cheaper to model than, say, any BMW M5 from the last 15 years. Or a Ford RS200, or a current MX5, or literally any real car beyond the few hundred currently in game.

This bitterness is absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the Roulette of ****ness keeps giving me invites to buy VGT cars I don't want instead of credits
All the invites I get are for street cars that I don't want. I'd rather have the puny 5k credits than another invitation.

r46LgzkA.Ag-bP0ivz-(edit).jpg

It's not warm when she's away
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she's goes away

Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away

And I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know
Hey I don't expect she'll be in the next update
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone, whoa whoa...
Random fact, around a year ago I caught @Jordan sniffing around at bidding (and I was too) on that exact car in an online auction. It ended up going for like twice what it really should’ve been sold for, but crazy small world nonetheless.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that sees these VGT cars and is indifferent?

Sure, it's a car that I'm unlikely to use and I'm not excited by the addition of it, but the addition of it also doesn't negatively impact me.

The most entertaining thing about this thread has just been people trying to take on @Famine !

@Famine doesn't pull any punches, that's for sure!

At least we know that 1/3rd of the cars that are going to be updated into the game in the 29th are going to be a disappointment. :lol:

Not like there aren't already more than enough VGTs in the game, but now we even get duplicates of them in these extremely content limited monthly DLC.
Oh, PD might as well also add this exact same Porsche but with an ICE engine, like they did with the Jaguar VGT. 🤡
Am I the only one that sees these VGT cars and is indifferent?

Sure, it's a car that I'm unlikely to use and I'm not excited by the addition of it, but the addition of it also doesn't negatively impact me.
The addition of that car, implies, or rather, directly means that it was given more attention to than other cars that people want to actually see in the game.

At least we know that 1/3rd of the cars that are going to be updated into the game in the 29th are going to be a disappointment. :lol:

Not like there aren't already more than enough VGTs in the game, but now we even get duplicates of them in these extremely content limited monthly DLC.
Oh, PD might as well also add this exact same Porsche but with an ICE engine, like they did with the Jaguar VGT. 🤡

The addition of that car, implies, or rather, directly means that it was given more attention to than other cars that people want to actually see in the game.
You „know“ it’s going to be 1/3?

The addition of this car shows, that PD is interested in bringing these kind of cars to the gamers, which is their right to do because, you know, they are developers who have their free will and their own preferences and ain’t just there to serve the demands of their players.

Did you ordered a car, did you paid PD to bring in a specific car that you want to see in the game?
And how do you know how many players enjoy driving VGTs? This forum here isn’t that representative for things like this btw, people are more willing to write something if they want to complain.

Another VGT... why not bring for example the 959? it would be exciting and a series first. Instead, we get some developers Porsche wet dream
I think it's because Porsche wants that VGT marketing , you could see that even during the gamescom as they did that live painting of it

but good news is soon we get these VGTs out of the way , there is higher chance to get the new GT3 cars and i expect Porsche one being the first one next to Toyota

Where are we getting the information that it's going to take up the usual 1/3 spots for cars this month?

I'm all for criticizing Polyphony but is this $100 100% confirmed or is everyone getting mad about a single obviously speculative sentence in the article?

I genuinely think this will be one of the silhouette cars. Thus far, the monthly updates have been truly underwhelming. Don't see much changing in the future.

Last edited:
Back