Porsche Vision GT Spyder Coming to Gran Turismo 7 on September 29

• Thread starter Famine
  • 80 comments
Not a single VGT is behind an invitation tho :scared:
No, to be fair, the Citroen invite is for the "road going" version of the VGT car. Which, and I don't care that Citroen did, technically, build one, is still not a real car. Where's the BMW M1? Where is the up to date Ford Focus for that matter?

I wonder if I can still get DriveClub to run....

No, to be fair, the Citroen invite is for the "road going" version of the VGT car. Which, and I don't care that Citroen did, technically, build one, is still not a real car.
Whether it is or not is one thing*, but it's also definitely not a Vision GT car. It predates the Vision GT project by six years.

*And multiple opinions here are fine; the real car used a V8 not a fuel cell stack of the game car, but in physical terms they are otherwise identical. Is it "real" if it's actually been made and identical in all aspects except the powertrain, or is it only "real" if it is entirely identical?

Whether it is or not is one thing*, but it's also definitely not a Vision GT car. It predates the Vision GT project by six years.

*And multiple opinions here are fine; the real car used a V8 not a fuel cell stack of the game car, but in physical terms they are otherwise identical. Is it "real" if it's actually been made and identical in all aspects except the powertrain, or is it only "real" if it is entirely identical?
The in-game version of the road car also uses a V8 (specifically, "Modular-5.4L-GT-by-Citroen").

The in-game version of the road car also uses a V8 (specifically, "Modular-5.4L-GT-by-Citroen").
Oh, that sucks. Was that the case in Sport too? I never really paid attention.

On the bright side, it is the real car then :lol:

Oh, that sucks. Was that the case in Sport too? I never really paid attention.

On the bright side, it is the real car then :lol:
Sport didn't list the engine model, but from the YouTube videos I found, it certainly sounds like a V8. All of the "road car" appearances have been billed as having an internal combustion engine, while the last non-road electric car appearance was back in GT6.

The Citroen GT in the game is not a VGT car, and that car also does exist in real life with a real functioning engine and all other mechanical components. There is however, only one example of it. But at least, it's real.

The only difference however seems to be in the horsepower. The Real car has about 640hp. The one in the game only has 500 or so. Which is strange, why is it different?

It's easy to confuse this car with a VGT because of how it looks, but it's not one at all.

The Citroen GT we had in previous games that had like almost 800hp and was fully electric, that is the version that is not real.

Last edited:
The $64,000 question is, how does it drive?
Anyone who gets a Martin invite they don't want can give it to me. Or a Pagani or Bugatti invite, though I have won the Huayara and the Veyron, I don't have the cute little cards in Brand Central yet.
Not that I'll ever drive those cats much, just enough to learn the circuit experiences the go with and hit gold on those.
The car I drive most in game is essentially a VGT. It's imaginary just like the Auricom and Zone ships in wipEout, Blowfish in Hydro Thunder, Anakin Skywalker's podracer, and the Hornet in Daytona USA.
Hmmm... most video games do have imaginary avatars...go figure.

The Citroen GT in the game is not a VGT car, and that car also does exist in real life with a real functioning engine and all other mechanical components. There is however, only one example of it. But at least, it's real.

The only difference however seems to be in the horsepower. The Real car has about 640hp. The one in the game only has 500 or so. Which is strange, why is it different?

It's easy to confuse this car with a VGT because of how it looks, but it's not one at all.

The Citroen GT we had in previous games that had like almost 800hp and was fully electric, that is the version that is not real.
I got plenty of use out of that road car. It was worth 800k and an invite.

Oh wow. I really loved to Porsche VGT, but one of the things I really disliked about it is that I couldn't feel the wind in my hair as I drove. I can't wait for the Spyder version of the same car!

For all of you Vision GT haters, I got another one for you:

:lol::lol::lol:

porsche-vision-gt-spyder1.jpg

Oh wow. I really loved to Porsche VGT, but one of the things I really disliked about it is that I couldn't feel the wind in my hair as I drove. I can't wait for the Spyder version of the same car!
I'm sorry, sir. Due to safety concerns your driver avatar in-game is required to wear a racing helmet at all times, which unfortunately will prevent the wind from blowing through your hair.

I think it kinda makes sense, considering we have both spyder/roadster versions of other VGTs, like with Jaguar, but also since Porsche has some iconic open-top designs, like the 550 and the Boxster. That said, I'd love to see some other major brands do another VGT, mostly Pininfarina since the EF7 was nixed. I also would really want to see a hybrid, Gr.1-spec version of the Jaguar VGT, as I was really disappointed that we only got a BEV version that lacks the Gr.1 classification. (At least there's Genesis and their Gr.1 VGT that's coming...)

The reason is that there’s two different Citroen GTs, one with a V8 combustion engine (which is also the real world car) and one with a fuel cell and therefore more power with its electric motors.
If I get it right, in the older GT Games they had the electric version in it, but now it says in GT7 that the road car is the one with the V8, think this is also the case with the Gr.4 & Gr.3 Versions, even if they don’t show the cubic capacity of these cars (what I don’t get).
Regarding the number of road cars, sources say there is only one build, other say they build the six units that were planned.

Back