Porsche's Gran Turismo 7 Vision GT Car: New Details Coming in December

• Thread starter Famine
  • 181 comments
porsche-vgt-trailer001-20211201.jpg

The Nurburgring looks glorious.It seems they ramped up the vegetation compared to the GTS version
I realy doubt this is from gameplay

No, Porsche was only going to add one VGT. The other car it was adding was the 917 Living Legend, which has already been seen in screenshots.

There's also the Jaguar Vision GT SV coming too.
isn't there also another Hyundai one? under the "Genesis" brand

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think it's going to be pure electric instead of hybrid. In the trailer it has the same artificial sound as the Taycan, and the dashboard shot shows % charge on the right and torque vectoring on the left (how much % power going to each wheel).

Also, what are the chances that this is the road car version of the Mission R, and we get both of them (similar to the Audi/Jag having 2 versions)?
You get to race it. Porsche says that next year it’ll feature in a virtual racing game. And that’s likely to be the last we see of the Mission R. Behind the scenes I’m sure Porsche will develop it further, but as far as media coverage goes, it’s served its purpose. Sure, it’ll get wheeled out at various shows for the next couple of years, but ultimately it’ll retire to a quiet corner of the Porsche museum, then be demoted to a storage warehouse. Sad though that is, what really matters is that the thinking it contains bears fruit. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think it's going to be pure electric instead of hybrid. In the trailer it has the same artificial sound as the Taycan, and the dashboard shot shows % charge on the right and torque vectoring on the left (how much % power going to each wheel).

Also, what are the chances that this is the road car version of the Mission R, and we get both of them (similar to the Audi/Jag having 2 versions)?

I think GT7 seems like the strongest candidate to add the Mission R as opposed to other games coming next year. I'm just saying, and I could be wrong though.

I love the VGT project as a styling exercise, but honestly, most of them are terrible to drive in the game. Ride heights too low, suspension too hard and often too much power for their grip. Most also doesn't allow much tuning, so it's hard to rectify the problems. So you just drive them once, and park them forever (unless you're a big photomode user). This being Porsche, I hope they pay more attention to how the car actually drives and not just the looks.
Furthermore there's simply too many supercar oriented VGTs that all look too similar to one another. There's been no real variation. Polyphony should push manufacturers to try different vehicle types like Trucks, Utilities, Sedans, SUVs for their Vision projects. As you said it's mostly been a styling exercise where they overpromise and under deliver.

Last edited:
Just watched the live on Youtube, revealing the Porsche VGT. I have to admit that it has a really weird front, which looks as if it comes from a car show in the 1990s.
For me, it's not ugly, but subtle thing is that it's not so Porsche. The tail is definitely a Porsche, the front could be some random concept car half-Porsche, and the side-look just can't tell me it's a Porsche.
But I'm glad to see something futuristic with some retro design, generally a 7/10.

1638724640331.png

-First Edit-

When I say retro, I mean something like the Mitsubishi HSR-II (1989), Peugeot Oxia (1988), Nazca C2 (1991) comes into my mind when I see this thing.
1989%20Mitsubishi%20HSR-II%20Concept_11.jpg
peugeot_oxia_concept_front_34.jpg

BMW_Nazca_C2.JPG

-Second Edit-
link:

Last edited:
BAD. ASS. LOOKING. CONCEPT. CAR!!!!!

Will be one of my favorite cars in the game for sure. And if I am correct, I see this car with an automatic open roof. This will be a new feature for Gran Turismo. And hopefully for all the cars in GT7.

Last edited:

Porsche_VGT_Coupe_RACE_15.jpeg

Porsche_VGT_Coupe_RACE_18.jpeg

Porsche_VGT_Coupe_SCAPES_24.jpeg

Porsche_VGT_Coupe_SCAPES_30.jpeg

Porsche_VGT_Coupe_RACE_03.png
Nice to see the fictional tracks (High Speed Ring in this case) will have dynamic weather, will be interesting to see if it has dynamic time as well. I personally doubt it if it doesn't have track lights sadly.

Yeah, it should be coming to GT7. There was footage during the Porsche VGT reveal trailer.
Yes, that’s where I saw it. Was just checking if it was known already from previous footage or official information.

If not, that’s a confirmation now.

Back