Porsche's Gran Turismo 7 Vision GT Car: New Details Coming in December

• Thread starter Famine
  • 181 comments
I'll be sure to get GT7 when there'll be 3 days left before the launch, this way I'll have enough time to install it before the game is playable. Oh and I'm going with no bonuses. Just gonna enjoy starting from scratch 'cause that's where the early game magic usually is in Gran Turismo games, the first car you buy!

I'll be sure to get GT7 when there'll be 3 days left before the launch, this way I'll have enough time to install it before the game is playable. Oh and I'm going with no bonuses. Just gonna enjoy starting from scratch 'cause that's where the early game magic usually is in Gran Turismo games, the first car you buy!
PS4 or PS5? Feel like that's gonna factor in alot. That and your hard drive space knowing PD.

Last edited:
It's close to equal the cost of the game for a 1:43 and a hell of a lot more for a 1:18........
https://shop.porsche.com/gb/en/porsche-vision-gran-turismo/p/$P-WAP0200020MRES/WAP0200010MRES

IMG-WAP0200010MRES-01-1920Wx2160H.jpgIMG-WAP0210030MRES-01-1920Wx2160H.jpg

Sheeesh! :lol:

Last edited:
Damn, to think it was years before there was even such thing as scale models of VGTs.

Looks nice, but I'm trying to find the Porsche bits in it. Looks nothing like something they would make, even today... I actually thought the 917-inspired concept from the cover was the Porsche VGT instead.

Is this SSR?

gt7s.png
Doubtful. At 0:09 there’s a sign that says Tokyo Expressway, which makes it likely that all night scenes were captured there.

I have also arrived at the conclusion that Tokyo Expressway was their way of making Special Stage Route tracks more real and consistent with an actual location. I hope I’m wrong, as SSR5 was great and deserving of being in GT7.

That scene isn't from trailer isn't it?
793084069_02dbea0408_b.jpg

Buildings and mood remind me more of CSR/SSR tracks.

in trailer night city track is tokyo its written on a light sign, but I can't realise which layout is it

It's from the longer Porsche vision gt dev video. And yeah, it was the amount of tall skyscraper buildings and the way those windows are lit looked more SSR than anything we saw in Tokyo Expressway.

LsACyap.gif

Last edited:
It's from the longer Porsche vision gt dev video. And yeah, it was the amount of tall skyscraper buildings and the way those windows are lit looked more SSR than anything we saw in Tokyo Expressway.

LsACyap.gif
Love that fx, I would definitely love to see PD venture outside of racing game. They've been making Gran Turismo exclusively for 2 decades now, I would be interested to see their engine in a non racing environment.

Not what I’d call pretty, and hardly looks like Porsche either. And my gosh, 1800 kg?! See, this is why I hate most modern cars. My 1993 Volvo estate is supposed to be a heavy chunk of steel, and it’s 1400 kg.

I have also arrived at the conclusion that Tokyo Expressway was their way of making Special Stage Route tracks more real and consistent with an actual location. I hope I’m wrong, as SSR5 was great and deserving of being in GT7.
If they were to redesign those tracks, I think that SSR5 would have least changes. I still think that only Apricot Hill would be unmodified.

SSRX needs massive changes the track is too narrow in my opinion.
I doubt it they would make a remake now when they added it to GTS like 2 years ago. We're more likely to see never released layout of SSRX just imho of course

No, Porsche was only going to add one VGT. The other car it was adding was the 917 Living Legend, which has already been seen in screenshots.

There's also the Jaguar Vision GT SV coming too.
So about that @Famine, in 2019 I went to launch of the Formula E car at the Jaguar Design Studio in Gaydon, in the entrance there were a number of scale models of concept cars (probably 6-8), one of them I remember as being what later resurfaced as the Vision GT SV (although at the launch anyone who wasn't part of Jaguar, including myself, wouldn't know it at the time), I won't be surprised if one or two of the other concepts end up being in the game also at some point.

Also, incase anyone thinks I'm lying about being there (because there's always one):
PPRJ-3655.jpg

Last edited:
Not what I’d call pretty, and hardly looks like Porsche either. And my gosh, 1800 kg?! See, this is why I hate most modern cars. My 1993 Volvo estate is supposed to be a heavy chunk of steel, and it’s 1400 kg.
Where'd you hear that the Porsche VGT weighs 1800kg?

Back