• 2,687 comments
United States
Tulsa, OK
SixSpeedZ51
BlackZ28
This year I actually bought a couple, thought I'd share. :dopey:
Plus I know you guys have some cool stuff too. :cool:

Copy%20of%20mona.jpg

This is my ball python, I bought her in February of 05 as a tiny baby.
Now shes not so tiny.:scared:

Here are my two other pets [:lol:] my girlfriend of 3 years, Monica, and our
dog, Armani. We *think* he's a lab.
monicaandarmani.jpg

I got him when he was a baby, about 3 months ago, hes much bigger now.
Kind of a pain in the ass too, chews EVERYTHING up. :ouch:

Heh, real cute. I like the animals too. :dopey:

I have three cats, no pictures on the computer right now though.

And wasn't there a thread like this only about a month ago? :odd:

BlackZ28
monicaandarmani.jpg

I got him when he was a baby, about 3 months ago, hes much bigger now.
Kind of a pain in the ass too, chews EVERYTHING up. :ouch:

Labs will be Labs!

Yep, they will.

To combat them chewing on everything, tie some old hand towels or socks into a knot, soak them in water, ring out the excess water, and put them in the freezer overnight. Give them to your dog every once in a while. They chew on things because they are teething, just like real babies. Ice cubes are great too. The cold numbs the pain, and gives them something other than your furniture to chew on.

Bob.
http://foreverlost.homestead.com/files/Brandee_Aug_2004.jpg

LOL @ Cracker's lab!!
Sorry guys, I did do a search but I only checked the first page or two of results. :x :)

I'm going to try that Solid Lifters... it need to stop!

You guys have nice dogs... 👍

Solid Lifter
To combat them chewing on everything, tie some old hand towels or socks into a knot, soak them in water,
I read that and thought it was some sort of primitive gag you were on about... :eek:

She doesn't chew much these days, at least stuff she's not ment to. Our furniture got off with very little damage, TV remotes, teddies, mobile phones and the Cracker's beds & baskets faired less well. You just learn to keep things out of their reach and make sure they have plenty of Nylabones and Kongs to chew. :sly:

ExigeExcel
I read that and thought it was some sort of primitive gag you were on about... :eek:
I've had three dogs. One, Yoopy, a Rot, before everyone else had one. Two, Wilbur the pain-in-the-ass Irish Wolfhound. Three, Bob. All had the frozen sock chew toy and it always worked great. Wilbur would chew his to pieces and I often played "tug-of-war" with him with it. A great game for a teething hound!

TVRKing
Here is my pet.

ALIEN_A_800x600.JPG

I usually keep him on a leash, as he's a bit lively. :D

You have a pet red square with white cross markings? - original i'll give you that!

The tuxedo cat:

patch-0302a.jpg

The North American Dodge Hound:

milo-sit0802.jpg

The Deep South Mooch:

tiger-stare2.jpg

Last edited:
Just found this awsome pic of one of my cats (Allie):
allie2rg.jpg

This is Mishka... she's 90% Siberian Husky. Have had her for about two months. My wife found her, and she'd been abandoned for about 10-15 days. I have pics of her when she was brought home (Mishka, not my wife) and she was weighing about 12,5 kilos (she now weighs 16) and was traumatized like hell.

She's come out of it quite well, I think. Still, I can't leave her alone.

Attachments

• 27-9-05 06.jpg
    27-9-05 06.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 27-9-05 16.jpg
    27-9-05 16.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 89
Diego440
This is Mishka... she's 90% Siberian Husky. Have had her for about two months. My wife found her, and she'd been abandoned for about 10-15 days. I have pics of her when she was brought home (Mishka, not my wife) and she was weighing about 12,5 kilos (she now weighs 16) and was traumatized like hell.

You are nice people :)

Diego440

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Mishka is very fortunate to have an owner like you! :embarrassed: 👍

Mishka is so adorable!I love how it got some Huskyness in its genetic with the whitish fur! :embarrassed:

How can someone abandoned a dog like that? :grumpy:

Diego440

Beautiful dog, glad to see her in a nice home.

Diego440

Nice one. 👍👍👍

Sweet! I didn't expect to get so many answers. To tell you the truth, I've been wanting to create a thread like this one for some time. Anyway, Mishka is on antibiotics right now, since she has a tracheatitis, or a viral infection in her throat which makes her choke all the time (even if she isn't eating). Although since we started the treatment she's been improving.

She's kind of small for a Husky, my guess is that her original owners didn't feed/treat her very well. She's still pretty traumatized... whenever I scold her (no hitting!) she gets really whimpery and scared. Also, we're slowly trying to get her used to being alone at home, since I'll eventually stop working out of the apartment. But since it's in her breed not to bark, but rather howl, she can get quite noisy.

McLaren'sAngel

How can someone abandoned a dog like that? :grumpy:

I asked myself that same question a billion times, but it's actually quite common here. MOF, the Husky is one of the most abandoned breeds, since they shed a lot of hair and howl. There is some kind of social phenomenon here called "summer dogs". Usually people (mostly kids) get a puppy for Christmas and by June (summer) they're either tired because the dog needs more care, or they're going on vacation and have nowhere to leave the dog, so they just abandon it. They take the dog to an open space and leave it there. Last year the state had to sacrifice about 90,000 dogs. :(

In other news, these are Mishka's "better" pictures, since in the first ones she was very thin, and about a month ago we had her hair cut, and she looks hideous: very thin (you can make out most of the skeleton), all white and with huge ears... she looked like a white bat! Here's a few more pics of her. The guy in one of the pics is me, and the girl is my wife.

Back