Post any oddities you've noticed in GT 2

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by cerbera, Nov 4, 2002.

1. cerbera

cerbera

For instance, has anyone noticed that the GT 90,a ford, has a Chevy bowtie emblem on it's grill and bumper.

2. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

What? Are you sure it's not a GT90 logo?

How about a Jet Liner Silver '82 Starlet Turbo that is neither silver nor has any turbo?

3. cerbera

cerbera

looks like a bow-tie to me . Don,t know about that car. Don,t do to munch used car buying .

4. Joey

Joey

the Dodge Concept Car (Copperhead) is (supposedly) MR.

5. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

Race mod a Mitsu 3000GT VR4 '95...if you have an NTSC version.

6. askia47

askia47

I have not seen any oddities in GT2

7. Davey

Davey

There's a typo in either GT300 or GT500.

*shrug*

8. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

The Lotus Elan S2 '90 should be a '94 model year. Read the description of the car again; it was called S1 for the first production run, and S2 for the limited run in 1994.

9. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

How about, one of the Tahiti Maze rally races having a "Rally Car" as an oponent. Also on the same race all the ghost does is drive into the wall.

10. milefile

milefile

How about the sound on the Simulation disk. It breaks up and then cuts out completely and all you're left with is the crappy music.

11. askia47

askia47

Ther was so much problems in GT2 they should have really fixed them.

12. Davey

Davey

They tried to get it out before Christmas of '98/'99, so they kinda ruched the production of it, which is why there are a few bugs and no drag racing.

13. Option2

Option2

For godsakes, turn the music off!!!

lol

I only get the sound-breaking-up stuff when I leave the game on when I'm in the GT500 Championship. (like when I leave the game on for a day between races 2 & 3, or 4 & 5 for example.)

14. milefile

milefile

I fail to see what fun there would be in drag racing in a video game.

15. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

The Fiat 500R's description got swapped with the '98 500. Not to mention, the 500R has a year of '75...the description talks about the car arriving in 1957. Me thinks it's another error, there are no cars in the game from 1973-1981 anyhow, why would the whimpy (but loveable) 500R get represented?

Trampio.

16. Race Idiot

Race Idiot (Banned)

Dude the menu music owns!

Best in game menu music ever :D

I used to have MP3. s of the menu music, untill I lost the CD that they were on. :(

17. milefile

milefile

You know that sound it makes when you push X through the single player, time trial, home garage, etc? Sometimes it cuts off abruptly, like a little burst, instead of fading out like it's supposed to :thatsodd: :rolleyes: .

TheProRacer likes this.
  18. Intel Inside

Intel Inside

Um - I almost went through the wall at Rome and SSR5. That's about it.

19. Option2

Option2

I think it's odd that I can make the car "breakdance" on Test Course at only 10mph in the corners.

20. koolsax

koolsax

Just the other day I was at the start of a race with two cars on my right. I started squeezeing them into the wall and they popped into each other. For about half a lap both cars drove as one and then they popped apart. They were yellow and i think green and different parts of the car were different colors. Like 1/4 of a bumper would be yellow and the rest would be green. I saved the replays so I could tell you what models and track they were if anyone's interested.

21. cerbera

cerbera

Now that's wierd.

22. Joey

Joey

i hit a Denso Supra with my Pennzoil GT-R in the GT500 on Laguna Seca at like 140mph, and for a few seconds, i went inside the other car.
    it didn't stay there for a while like yours did, but it's the same glitch, i believe. when i got out, my GT-R shot sideways really fast.

23. koolsax

koolsax

Yea, when they broke apart they both flew to the side pretty fast.

24. sliderulz

sliderulz

I've seen that, bright green=silver :thatsodd:

25. Roo

Roo Premium

Second race at the Historic car cup, Rome City Course, 295 hp limit. Yet when you start, there is usually a Ford GT40 on the grid.

26. koolsax

koolsax

Yea, that's really annoying. It makes it almost impossible to win that race. You need to keep trying until you get a grid without it. Then it's easy.

27. Roo

Roo Premium

I used a heavily modified BMW 320ci, and won by less than a tenth of a second. Twice.

28. Joey

Joey

why not use an R34 with all the non-hp mods?

29. cerbera

cerbera

I ran into a similar thing at the trial mountain 30 lap endurance race. I was up against one of those wiegert super cars.I got to the 10 lap before I was lapped by it.

30. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

I landed my 3000GT LM on top of the '99 GT-One under braking for the Corkscrew, for a moment. The car got that airborne! It just slowed both cars to a near stand-still.

Car merging does happen. I saw two Altezzas do it in fornt of me during an Atlezza Cup race a while back.

Some AI cars also hit barriers and never rejoin the track.

But beating the GT40 @ ~295hp Rome Historic event fair and square (using a car that is from the 60's or 70's) takes a little skill. A medium-tuned '71 GT-R can do it.

Don't forget the Xantia at the SSR5 enduro.